PDA

View Full Version : [P]Your favorite reading/movie genre

Neo-Xantios
6th September 2004, 07:51 AM
Another poll. Again, I'll get straight to the point:

For reading, I prefer fantasy and romance. I hate reading Sci-fi, find it very drab.

But for movies, on the contrary, I would prefer sci-fi, as well as fantasy.

cd
6th September 2004, 08:02 AM
mythology/science fiction make for interesting plots

also realistic stories about teens

FireBlast
6th September 2004, 08:04 AM
I like fantasy and for movies of course comdey.

Lady Vulpix
6th September 2004, 08:39 AM
Fantasy all the way! I can read/watch some sci-fi once in a while, and romance and comedies can be good entertainment, but fantasy's the genre I enjoy the most.

Agent Elrond
6th September 2004, 10:24 AM
I am partial to Fantasy in books, mostly because that's what I write about. (That is also what DWJ writes about, which makes me partial to it anyway. :) )

In movies, however, there is few good representations of Fantasy. Examples: Well, there's Lord of the Rings.... and.... and Labyrinth! Labyrinth was a fantasy... and Time Bandits... and then Mononoke Hime and Spirited Away.... you get the idea.

In movies, I prefer comedy. :D

Yoh Asakura
6th September 2004, 12:45 PM
Horror.

I enjoy reading twisted stories.

Gengachu
6th September 2004, 01:15 PM
For books I like Sci-Fi and Fantasy. For movies I especially like Comedy and occasionally I'll like Sci-Fi/Fantasy.

Thy
6th September 2004, 03:03 PM
For books, I like sci-fi that's not all aliens and spaceships. Stuff you can see happening soon to mankind.

For movies, I like sci-fi again, adventure, and comedy. I'm not a big fan of chick flicks.

Gaborn
6th September 2004, 05:21 PM
It's rare to find me walking around without at least one Fantasy novel in my bookbag. I also enjoy a good sci-fi novel, and some mystery novels have found their way to my personal library.

I don't watch many movies. A good comedy or action film will get me out to the movie theater.

Pichu
6th September 2004, 06:18 PM
Reading: Fantasy.
Movies: Sci fi and Fantasy ... and Animé of course. =)

kainashi
6th September 2004, 08:45 PM
favorite reading genre(s) would be fantasy/mythology and favorite movie genre(s) would probably be action/horror/sci-fi. so many to choose from. :ssj:

Fett One
6th September 2004, 08:48 PM
I always read sci-fi books. These are usually the only kind of books that I find interesting.

SupremeChampion
6th September 2004, 09:08 PM
books i like sci-fi. movies i prefer sci-fi, action adeventure, comdey.

~The Italian Stallion

mr_pikachu
6th September 2004, 11:08 PM
I like fantasy, mystery, and suspense books. I prefer romance, mystery, suspense, and action in movies.

Kirei
7th September 2004, 02:17 AM
For reading I like fantasy and Sci-fi the best, but for movies I prefer romance - specifically romantic comedies, and some fantasy movies. :196:

Neo-Xantios
7th September 2004, 07:25 AM
Hey, everyone. So good to see so many responses, especially to the fantasy genre.

Also, my greatest apologies for not adding Comedy and Horror to the list

-/Deathborn/-
7th September 2004, 06:20 PM
I like thriller/Science Fiction hybird 250+ page novels. I've read Timeline about 4 times over the summer. :scared: Yeah. I'm a REALLY fast reader. Slap down anything under 100 pages and I can crack it in a day. ;)

PS. Hey Neo-Xantios, do you know Elvish? :nut: Heheheh..

twitt
7th September 2004, 09:04 PM
i like comedy and scary movies

Neo-Xantios
8th September 2004, 07:34 AM
PS. Hey Neo-Xantios, do you know Elvish? :nut: Heheheh..

Alas, no. I got my custom title from Elrond's last words in the movie meaning "The Sea calls us home". BTW, I kinda suck at languages.

Anyway, *clap* *clap* enough said.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kris
8th September 2004, 05:36 PM
I love comedy films, especially the classic.

When it comes to reading I pretty much read trashy female novels a lot!

DarkTemplarZ
8th September 2004, 09:44 PM
Reading: Historical fiction and fantasy

Movies: Definitely comedy.

Crystal Mew
9th September 2004, 09:43 PM
I like fantasy for books....and mystery

and for movies I like: romantic, action, fantasy, comedy, and drama

speaking of books I lost one I need to read for school :mad2:

phaedrus
10th September 2004, 03:40 PM
mystery + some history + maybe some romance + fantasy = i like 8)

Jay
14th September 2004, 06:13 AM
Horror fantasy. They generally have the best plots and are pretty good to read overall.

The most boring there would be biographies. Sometimes they can be interesting but mainly you need to ramble a lot to make it decent and lengthy, and as a reader that can get rather boring. ;o

midnightangel
14th September 2004, 02:22 PM
I prefer the same genere of books as movies: Sci-fi, action, adventure and comedy :yes:
I leave the romance and the 'chick-flicks' for someone who cares.....yuck

The only other thing I read that I truly enjoy is my manga from Shonen Jump and I truly enjoy watching anime on TV ;)

ryandude713
18th September 2004, 02:30 PM
comedy
pure and simple
nothing better than a good laugh at other's misfortunes caught on tape