PDA

View Full Version : Colosseum question

Loupeitak
7th September 2004, 10:02 PM
Well, i hear that after a shadow pokemon gets fully purified he gets all exp he was supposed to get and get all EV's he was also supposed to get. Well then, now how the hell are we supposed to EV train un-breedable pokemon such as the legendary dogs ?

Number1ChanseyFan
7th September 2004, 10:36 PM
Well, shadow Pokémon don't actually start earning experience and EVs until 2 of their 5 shadow bars have been emptied. If you want to EV train the legendary Pokémon, you can just use methods of purification that do not require battling, such as leaving it at day-care, using scents to massage the Pokémon, walking around, or even using a Time Flute to get Celebi to instantly purify a shadow Pokémon. After purification, you can trade your Pokémon, and EV train it on your GBA games.

Loupeitak
7th September 2004, 11:57 PM
So you mean i can battle until i have 2 bars emptied and not gain EV's ?

mr_pikachu
8th September 2004, 12:15 AM
Yeah, I think that's what N1CF is saying. But it's kinda dangerous, because I'm not sure if it always shows what the incremental change is. That is, it may look like you're exactly two bars down, but you may be just a smidge more than that... and that little, unseeable bit could make all the difference. I'm not the expert on that, though, so verify that one.

There's the obvious risk, too, of having to fight more battles than you wanted to... like if you're about one Pokemon battle away from two bars and you get into a double battle match... you could potentially get too much credit for the battle, even if you switch out before attacking. :eek: And that would be problematic.

Loupeitak
8th September 2004, 12:51 AM
Ok thanks for the help guys. But when can you determine pokemon's Natures ?

RattataGuy
8th September 2004, 01:08 AM
Ok thanks for the help guys. But when can you determine pokemon's Natures ?
The Pokemon's Nature become's visible when you've purified 2 bars worth of darkness away, I think. However, because the nature is set when you snag a pokemon and not when it becomes visible on the status screen, you can use the "time flute" trick.

Use the Time Flute to summon Celebi to comepletely purify the pokemon at the shrine. But don't save. Make note of the nature and then reset the Game Cube.

Because different natures effect the rate that the different methods purify a pokemon, it saves some time (and in the case of scents, money) since you know exactly what's the best method to purify that pokemon beforehand.

Loupeitak
8th September 2004, 02:48 AM
i meant that i wanted to get a good nature poke for those un-breedable ones. Such as the legendaries and i think Metagross. I dont want to get like an Adamant Raikou XD.
So the flute wouldn't work coz if it had a good nature i would waste the flute...

Silent Dragonfly
8th September 2004, 07:18 AM
Capture each beast, time flute them and if they have a good nature, save the game, if not just re-capture and repeat until you have one with a desirable nature. I didnt bother with Entei, since I didnt personally think it was worth it, plus the 3rd time flute takes forever to get, after 99 in Mt. battle.

Rudoku
8th September 2004, 09:30 AM
So you mean i can battle until i have 2 bars emptied and not gain EV's ?
Actually, you don't gain EVs until it's purified.