PDA

View Full Version : Should I do this fic

Jon UKX
13th February 2003, 01:05 PM
I was listening to Christina Aguilera's new song Beautiful and it gave me an idea for a pokemon fic.

Beautiful

Leah Nium attends Lady Mirko's beauty school for beauticians and she is adored by everyone for her looks, unfortunately her Hinbasu is the joke of the school and she is upset by this.
Determined to be a great beautician, she decided to go on a search for the Beauty berry that could help her Hinbasu evolve into Mirkorasu, throughout the adventure she realised Beauty is only skin deep and it's inside that counts.

So what do you think of this idea?

Chris 2.1
13th February 2003, 02:02 PM
well, it sounds rather good, but i think you should try and 'wrap up' Jon:Idol Quest' and the 'Industrial League'. If you're not planning on doing them anymore, write either a small chapter enclosing it, or just close it. Don't be like me and have three fics up, cos it gets confusing.

Gavin Luper
15th February 2003, 04:11 AM
Actually, Shiny Marill, he doesn't have to write a chapter enclosing it, and he doesn't have to follow your exact footsteps in writing.

As for the fic, it sounds quite interesting!!

Darien Shields
16th February 2003, 07:55 PM
Theirs a word for this. Mary Sue I think. Although that's a girl. John Sue? I think that's it.

Anyway, if you can avoid it being too much like bloody Teen Horror books, i.e. "Everybody admired her soooo much, she was soooo beautiful" and so on with a flawless main character then it would be good. I don't like those stories, they're designed to get Teenage boys to read them for the wrong reasons.

God of Fire
17th February 2003, 05:28 AM
*looks at description*

Do it! It has Mirokarousu! But as Marril said do it after you have competed all your other fics first. I would definatly read this one.

Chris 2.1
17th February 2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Gavin Luper
Actually, Shiny Marill, he doesn't have to write a chapter enclosing it, and he doesn't have to follow your exact footsteps in writing.

I never said he had to, i was advising him to do so. I said you could write a chapter enclosing it OR close it, which was the case for John:Idol Quest. I didn't want to imply he had to do either choice, and i don't think i did, seeing as nobody else reacted like that. I was only trying to help.