PDA

View Full Version : where do I go to report a person (irl)

Kitcage
8th September 2004, 01:46 PM
I almost bought pokemon fire red and leaf grean trought an ebay like site, but then dutch, €20.- instead of €50 and a month before the original date sounded too good to be true, and it was, turned out to be half english and half japaneese patched games you can download from the web, so I want to report that person for illigaly copying and selling.. I mean there is such a thing like rules about that right?

and I thought it should go in this section because its about the advance games, if im wrong, please move ^^;

andyizcool
8th September 2004, 02:02 PM
All those games on Ebay that are too good to be true are fakes you should have known. I think it's just a ROM downloaded into a Flash Cart for the GBA basically just a blank GBA Cart. Those people on Ebay are doing illegal activities and should be reported to Nintendo. Maybe sending a few links of the fakes to Nintendo might work but I don't know if they read their Emails.

rinku
8th September 2004, 06:15 PM
I'd imagine Nintendo (any branch) would be very interested. They tend as a company to be *very* precious about copyright and ROM hacking.

Gagome
9th September 2004, 01:38 AM
It is quite easy to find out if somebody tries to sell a fake version of FR/LG. Just ask if the Wireless Adapter is included. If they say no then they want to sell a fake.
The Wireless Adapter is always included in the genuine Nintendo version regardless what language.

rinku
9th September 2004, 02:17 AM
...although I'd expect that many people will buy the game, play it and sell it while keeping the adapter.

Gagome
9th September 2004, 03:31 AM
Yes, but then it will not be sold as "brand new".

emerald sage
23rd October 2004, 09:03 PM
u know that reminds me of an obvious and laughable fake i saw in e bay a few weeks back. someone tried to sell a japanese copy of get this. Pokemon blue which we know does not exist since the japanese had pokemon green instead of blue

PKMN Master
23rd October 2004, 10:07 PM
u know that reminds me of an obvious and laughable fake i saw in e bay a few weeks back. someone tried to sell a japanese copy of get this. Pokemon blue which we know does not exist since the japanese had pokemon green instead of blue
Actually, I think there was a Blue Version in Japan, but it was released as a Special Version... I read it somewhere like two years ago :P

Poryhedron
23rd October 2004, 10:50 PM
Yes, that's quite correct. The Japanese Blue has the same graphics as the American Red/Blue...the Japanese Red/Green graphics were mostly horrible. I've seen them described as "roadkill" and, in far too many cases, that's pretty accurate.

Thunderchu
24th October 2004, 07:50 AM
Yes, that's quite correct. The Japanese Blue has the same graphics as the American Red/Blue...the Japanese Red/Green graphics were mostly horrible. I've seen them described as "roadkill" and, in far too many cases, that's pretty accurate.
uh, I think most of the graphics on Green look better then the ones in the Blue version...

rinku
24th October 2004, 06:10 PM
IIRC, the original release was Red & Green, but Green simply didn't sell very well. It was re-released as Blue. I reckon the reason was a simple marketing error - traditionally red is the good luck colour and green the bad luck colour in Japan (a tradition imported from China). Blue is neutral, and more importantly, associated with girls. By the time of the Blue release, Nintendo would have realised the cross-gender appeal of the game.