PDA

View Full Version : Yata-Zombie

Misty's Tears
8th September 2004, 09:11 PM
So, my brother is playing a Yata-Zombie deck in the next tournament. This tournament will be without the banns. He needs a little help though to make it flow better. Remember that we play english only. Here's what we've got so far:

Fusion:8
3x Reaper on the Nightmare
1x Thousand Eyes Restrict
1x Dark Balter the Terrible
3x Roaring Ocean Snake (highest thing we have for scientist)

Monsters:15
1x Vampire Lord
1x Yata-Garasu
1x Magical Scientist
3x Pyramid Turtle
2x Spirit Reaper
1x Patrician of Darkness
1x Ryu Kokki
1x Soul Absorbing Bone Tower
2x Regenerating Mummy
1x Cyber Jar
1x Witch

Magic:18
3x Book of Life
1x Monster Reborn
1x Premature Burial
1x Call of the Mummy
3x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Heavy Storm
1x Harpie's Feather Duster
1x Dark Hole
1x Raigeki
1x Card Destruction
1x Graceful Charity
1x Pot Of Greed
1x Card of Safe Return
1x Mirage Of Nightmare

Trap:7
1x Negate Attack
1x Call of the Haunted
1x Mirror Force
1x Imperial Order
3x Drop Off

The point is to summon, dump, and re-summon monsters quickly, clearing the field for Yata. Spirit Reaper, drop off, and Scientist + Reaper on the Nightmare wipe out the opponents hand. It needs a lot of work, neither me nor my brother have ever played a zombie deck before. I don't know, mixing yata and zombie may be leaving us spread too thin, we may be better off just going with the standard undead-type deck. Please fix, discuss, ect.

Thanks,
Misty's Tears

Last Exile
9th September 2004, 12:41 AM
Looks alright. A few tips:

1. Use a Creature Swap or two if you've got Reaper of the Nightmare and Scientist. That's a deadly LP and monster control combo on them when you snatch their monster and give them Reaper.

2. Dark Flare Knight has 2200 ATk and a good effect. Worth using some of them.

3. Despair from the Dark wouldn't be a bad idea.

4. Torrential Tribute is way better than Negate Attack. Even Waboku is better than Negate Attack.

my recommended changes if you can make them:

+ Creature Swap
+ Despair from the Dark
+ Torrential Tribute

- Soul Absorbing Bone Tower
- Card of Safe Return
- Negate Attack

+ 1 or 2 Dark Flare Knight

Hope that helps.

Misty's Tears
10th September 2004, 08:05 PM
What is Despair of the Dark & what does it do? Also, why do you think Waboku is better than Negate Attack? Creature Swap and Torrential Tribute sound like good ideas, but what do you think about switching Creature Swap for Snatch Steal? Do I need Magic Cyllinders? I didn't put that in either.

Last Exile
11th September 2004, 02:13 AM
Negate Attack doesn't activate if it's destroyed, only when an opponent attacks. Waboku is chainable to destruction and the summoning of Jinzo.

In addition to the above reccomendations, take out one Drop Off for Snatch Steal. Keep Creature Swap if you're playing Yata. A really funny combo is to summon Yata then play Creature Swap! You get their monster and Yata goes back to your hand at the end of your turn! :D It's very effective.

Yoh Asakura
11th September 2004, 03:50 AM
What is Despair of the Dark & what does it do? Also, why do you think Waboku is better than Negate Attack? Creature Swap and Torrential Tribute sound like good ideas, but what do you think about switching Creature Swap for Snatch Steal? Do I need Magic Cyllinders? I didn't put that in either.

Despair is the strongest playable Undead/Zombie. The only thing stronger is Beserk Dead Dragon at 3500/0 with a crappy effect.

Despair Of The Darkness
[Dark/Undead/Effect/8]
[2800/3000]
If this card is discarded from your hand or deck by an opponent's card effect, special summon this card to the field.

(That's right aint it? just going from memory...)

Since a lot of people like to use discard decks and the such he's a nice lil surprise.

Woba is better in some ways whereas Negate is better in others.

Woba: Protects your LP AND your monsters - This is Japanese, i'm unsure about English as I don't play ^_^;;

Negate: Ends the battle phase.

Woba doesn't protect your monsters from removal effects such as that used by um DD Lady is it called? (Dimensional Warrior Girl)

Torrential Tribute (Tidal Wave?) - it's a great field sweeper and with Yata in your deck it's pretty much a staple =|

Creature Swap (I know this one, this is Forced Transfer) - I usually use it on a scapegoat token to deal mega damage.

Snatch Steal (Theft) - Staple card anyway.

Magic Cyllinders - it depends, you're not with the bans yet so it's not nearlly as effective as it would be.

I have no idea what most of those cards are lol If somebody could translate them for me then I could rate =| I know a few...

For Fusions you need the basic list:

3x Baltypoo
3x Dragon Warrior
3x Crimson Bird
3x Thousand Eyes Sacrifice
etc etc etc

Last Exile
11th September 2004, 07:39 AM
Did you mean Dark Balter, Dark Flare Knight, Thousand Eyes Restrict?

Red Crimson Bird still does not exist in English yet.

Yoh Asakura
11th September 2004, 07:50 AM
Crimson bird was out in BC, you have that set right? Gem Elfs, Devil Franken, Mech Hunter, etc etc?

If you don't have Crimmy then you're stuck with 2200's like Black Flare, Soul Hunter & Brachioreidos =|

Dragon Warrior is usually used aswell due to those annoying Enemy Conts and Goats.