PDA

View Full Version : Poll: How many stars do you have on your trainer card?

Xx Ninja xX
8th September 2004, 09:37 PM
I only got two and now I'm stuck getting 100 straight victories at that tower!
>_<

rinku
8th September 2004, 10:03 PM
Yeah, that can take a while. I managed it with:

Flygon
Skarmory
Milotic

I have four stars (200 dex, Elite 4, 100 BT wins, All Contests). Haven't heard if the mythical 5th star has been revealed yet...

Orion
8th September 2004, 10:16 PM
I have just one now. Just defeated the Elite, and training a Team for Colosseum Cups now.

Now, can Stars be gotten in another order? I almost did it with my latest file as I sent most 1-shot Pokes and Sapphire only ones to Colosseum, but I forgot damn Beldum... I wanted to attest if I could fill the Dex before the Elite and still get the star... anyway. Anyone knows about it?

PKMN Master
8th September 2004, 10:48 PM
I'm pretty sure you don't get them in that order... and it's a 100 consecutive wins?? I've only won 50 and I got the star... I thought you got a golden shield or something by beating 100 trainers in the BT... I'm kinda lazy to get the other two right now... I'll prolly try them after beating FR/GL...

Xx Ninja xX
8th September 2004, 11:04 PM
Is it 50 in a row or... 50 total? I got 142 battles won but only 28 straight...

rinku
8th September 2004, 11:47 PM
Oops, PKMN Master is correct - it's 50 wins in a row to get the trainer star (or a ribbon); 100 wins gets you the shields (and bragging rights).

The wins *do* have to be in a row.

Stars can be achieved in any order - I think I got them in the order:

E4 -> BT -> Contests -> 200 Dex

Obviously you can't achieve Battle Tower prior to beating the E4, but the other two are possible (you *could* trade for Rayquayza and the Regis, for example).

Poryhedron
9th September 2004, 12:05 AM
Don't you get the Silver Shield along with the Star, at 50 wins? And then you get the Gold Shield when you get 100 wins in a row?
I've never tried the Battle Tower or the Contests...I'm planning on trying the Contests in my next game, though.

Music Dragon
9th September 2004, 01:06 AM
I've got two stars, but not THOSE two. I've got Beat E4 , and Contests. So I haven't really done them in that order...

rinku
9th September 2004, 02:14 AM
Don't you get the Silver Shield along with the Star, at 50 wins? And then you get the Gold Shield when you get 100 wins in a row?
I've never tried the Battle Tower or the Contests...I'm planning on trying the Contests in my next game, though.

Aaargh! Yes, 100% correct. Just checked in my base. And it doesn't matter which version of the tower you take on - that only makes a difference for the 50 win ribbon.

(Jeez - you'd have thunk I'd remember all this...)

theniceguydk
9th September 2004, 07:40 AM
I have them all :)

Xenesis
9th September 2004, 09:05 AM
I've Beaten the Elite 4 and got 50 wins in the Battle Tower, for two trainer stars. I probably won't bother getting the other two for a LONG time however. Completing the pokedex seems rather pointless, and I've achieved it in both RBY and GSC (Only missing Celebi).

Contests may be a fun diversion when I'm bored however.

gomez
9th September 2004, 11:01 AM
I've only the gotten the first one for beating the E4. I'm not into contests, I haven't bothered to purchase Sapphire for the pokes I can't get, and I've never stepped into the Battle Tower. I basically bought Ruby to keep me busy till Halo 2.

If I wanted, I could go up into the tower and do the 50 win thing after I raise up my current party (Blaziken, Weezing, Grumpig). I don't know if I could actually win, but I could add on that star.

Puaru
9th September 2004, 12:13 PM
I only have 2 stars. Blast those contests!

andyizcool
9th September 2004, 12:26 PM
I've had all 4 Trainer Stars on my Pokemon Sapphire game for some time now. The order I got them in was beating the Elite 4, getting 200 on my Pokedex, doing all the Contests, and finally the Battle Tower.

Mitch's Bashamo
10th September 2004, 12:09 AM
I got all the stars:
Orion- No, you can get them in any order
Ninja- You only have to get 50 or more victories in a row