PDA

View Full Version : Moveset Question

DarkestLight
13th February 2003, 01:21 PM
Prolly been asked before, but hey...it's probably worth asking again.

In game use of Movesets differ from Tournament Movesets,I would assume, since you just have to knw what that trainer has befre you get there. You won't always know what your tournament opponent has.....

So, what goes through your mind when you make your movesets? I it methodical, where you calculate everythng from DV levels to see if Return is right for you--to memorizing most every's speed to see who would have the better chance of using Scream Punch?

Or is it lax{Like mine} Not much in the consideration of stats and such, just test trial and error until you get something you like and can work with.

Or are you a TM'er, and level up your Pokemon so it never learns any of its generic moves, because they just suck!

Not trying to class anyone, I just want to see what makes ones head tick when making movesets. It's an art really >_>...And my Smeargle lost his friggin brush :D

Don't Run With Scizors
13th February 2003, 02:10 PM
Building movesets comes from battle experience, but after a while, you know what works and what doesn't.

In GSC, Curse was the absolute god of all stat boosts. Slap it on just about any physical attacker, and you were set. Several other variations came: cursing psuedohazers, for example, but it mostly ran around the same theme of stat boosting, and then hanging on to those boosts for as long as possible.

Dragonfree
13th February 2003, 02:18 PM
I make my pokémon lear just some moves, when they learn them, I think quickly if I want to have the move and which attack is to be ereased, and then it's time to think "oh, I shouldn't haave done that..."

Dr Crocodile
13th February 2003, 05:29 PM
Say DRWS, what are your opinions on Build-Up and Enlighten? The EV system balances things out a bit but these moves have no drawbacks unlike Curse. Are they fair or godly?