PDA

View Full Version : darktyranitar Pokemon TCG report #16

darktyranitar
9th September 2004, 05:37 AM
Ok, yet another card report from me.

Well actually, it's a request from Rabid_Cow. He sometimes drop by on this part of forum.

For the request, he asked for a Beedrill. So, after finding it's picture and stats and sutable combo, here it is:

Beedrill (http://www.pokebeach.com/scans/exfrlg/001.jpg)

Card’s face:
Artist: Hajime Kusajima
What contain in the card’s art: A swarm of Beedrill in a dark place…maybe a nest?
Rarity: H
Number: 1/112
Set: Ex FRLG

Stats:
90 HP
[G]
Stage 2
Weakness: [R]
Resistance: N/A
Retreat Cost: 0

Pre-Evolution Choice:
1) Weedle
The one from FRLG has 50 HP and has two attack, one capable of putting 2 [G] Pokemon in your bench. It’s second attack can poison your opponent’s Pokemon, but you have to discard a [G] energy card.
2) Kakuna
The Kakuna from FRLG has a Poke-Body that Poison your opponent Active Pokemon that attack you. It’s second attack deal 10 damage for a [C] energy. Not very impressive.

Attack:
[G] Poison Sting 20
The Defending Pokemon is now Poisoned.
A decent attack for the cost and the damage, plus an easy chance to poison the Active Pokemon.
[GCC] Link Needle 50+
This attack does 50 damage plus 30 more damage for each Beedrill (excluding this one) you have in play.
This attack is like Do The Wave, but unfortunately it depends on the number of Beedrill. Anyway, it’s still strong as the damage it can deal is:
1 Beedrill :50+ 0: 50
2 Beedrill :50+30: 80
3 Beedrill :50+60: 110
4 Beedrill :50+90: 140

Combo:
1) Low Pressure System
With this card, Beedrill HP will rise to 100 HP, which is decent for a Stage 2 Pokemon.
2)Dunsparce+Jirachi (Ex HL)
Strike and Run for Weedles or an extra Jirachi, retreat and Make a Wish until KO-ed or switch to other Jirachi until KO-ed, bring out Beedrill for maximum damage.
3) Pidgeot
Poison Sting, retreat and Clutch until the Pokemon is KO-ed from the poison.
4) TA Sharpedo (Aqua Smash)
Poison Sting, retreat and Aqua Smash for 100 damage.
5) Tropius
Use Fruitation to heal those Beedrill for dealing maximum damage.
6) Rare Candy and Wally’s Training
Candy up Weedle to Kakuna, use WT to evolve to Beedrill after that. At least it’s first attack can disrupt your opponent game play in the early stage.

Card Art Rating in 1-10: 6
Overall Rating: Beedrill is a pretty decent card, way better the Base Set. It’s first attack is a good annoyer, and it’s second attack is it’s power. I like the potential of this card.
Overall Rating in number 1-10: 8

~All cards graphic are taken from Poke-Beach with permission. Do not steal~
~Right reserve of Poke-Beach~

Alec Trevelyan
9th September 2004, 10:01 AM
okay, to be honest beedrill could be a killer card, but 4 beedrills in play is such impossible, even with dunsparce, jirachi... Dunno, lets wait for another sets and maybe beedrill gets better to use =]

Roarkiller
11th September 2004, 08:59 AM
I happen to like the base beedrill. Made a pretty damn nice deck with it before. Not to say i dont like this card, i have a rather soft spot for beedrill like i have sandslash in the GB.

Anyway, like nidoqueen, best way to use this is to get out as many beedrills as fast as possible. Pidgeot would then have a 2nd function; to draw out all the necessary cards.