PDA

View Full Version : Question and comment about Fr/Lg

Rabid_Cow
10th September 2004, 05:29 PM
Is there a Macho Brace in Fr/Lg that's obtainable though the game? (As in not w/trading from Ru/Sa)
AND
I just picked up my copy from Circuit City, but I was at Wal Mart yesterday. I think that I was madder then than I have ever been before. I saw their copies of Fr/Lg on the shelf, and they had the sample cartridge in the Game Boy Advance SP. I started a new game just to waste some time and chose Charmander as my starter. It was SHINY!!! I was like HOLY BAJEEZUS! So, I went and asked the people if I could purchase that game from the cartridge. They said and I quote: "Can I purchase that game in the Game Boy?" and their response was, "We aren't selling Fr/Lg yet. It won't be on the shelf until Tuesday, and even then we can't sell the game on display." I about shit myself. I sat there startled, and then asked to speak to the manager. He said that it was a mistake that it was on the shelf, but they still could not sell me that game. I was so pissed. He pulled all copies from the shelf, and proceeded to put the copies away. Then, I offered him 40 bucks for the game, still no dice. So I quickly looked to see if a link cable could be attatched to that game, but still, no. I then left furious, and decided that it wasn't such a big deal. But today after gettin my game and not gettin a shiny charmander, I feel as though I missed out on something big. I've always wanted the shiny Charizard durn it!

Oh well, I always have my shiny pink Crobat.

Thanks again for any help w/the Macho Brace Question!

Everoy
10th September 2004, 05:38 PM
:o That sucks.

Silent Dragonfly
10th September 2004, 06:19 PM
Ouch, unlucky.

Macho Brace is on the floor where Giovanni was stood in Viridian Gym apparently.

My Crobat is pink too!

Rabid_Cow
11th September 2004, 01:17 PM
Now I've got another question... Can I only use the Move Tutors that teach Swords Dance, Substitute, etc. once?

andyizcool
11th September 2004, 01:21 PM
Now I've got another question... Can I only use the Move Tutors that teach Swords Dance, Substitute, etc. once?
Yes and that's the reason why some people are playing their Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green game more than once. Most Teams will need to use all those Move Tutors on Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green more than once anyway.

Rabid_Cow
11th September 2004, 01:27 PM
Sheeesh pal! That sucks. I see lots of Fr in my future. Lots of Fr.

ace
11th September 2004, 03:10 PM
Thats very bad :/. What's worse is that everyone will be reccomending the moves he teaches in movesets to more than one poke. I havent the patience to restart over and over. I'll probably use him on a dream eater butterfree, I havent decided yet.

Rudoku
11th September 2004, 03:50 PM
Thats very bad :/. What's worse is that everyone will be reccomending the moves he teaches in movesets to more than one poke. I havent the patience to restart over and over. I'll probably use him on a dream eater butterfree, I havent decided yet.
That's why I shark the legal move tutor attacks on them without remorse. I've been like that ever since I accidently taught my first Party(meaning, EPs all over the place) Kadabra Seismic Toss, and I needed it for my high-DV Registeel. I could just start one of my dummy games or Colosseum(and I have, for Masterballs) over, but why waste the time?

lugiahoohgsca55
12th September 2004, 02:53 AM
Sorry if this has been already asked i would like to know if any one knows how the wireless adapter works with mystery gift because every time i try to do the mystery gift it won’t let me mystery gift all it says is please wait and I even put the game next to each other and it still is taking to long. Can some one send me a link form a thread from pokemasters or give me further information thank you lugiahoohgsc55.

ace
12th September 2004, 05:37 AM
Mystery gift doesnt work between 2 gbas. You have to go to a pokemoncenter (NY) and connect wirelessly with the hotspot there to download news and stuff. It doesnt work like it used to.

lugiahoohgsca55
12th September 2004, 11:00 AM
Mystery gift doesnt work between 2 gbas. You have to go to a pokemoncenter (NY) and connect wirelessly with the hotspot there to download news and stuff. It doesnt work like it used to.

Well that relay bites the big one really if you think about it how in the hell are you suppose to have fun in the game when every thing is in!@#$%*^# NY not fear to the people who live in USA that are not even near NY really I mean crip sack now I have to drive 3 hours to NY to do the dome even that showed of already been in the game and I live in MA :mad2: ERRR... MAKES ME SO MAD.
:mad2:

ryan
12th September 2004, 12:59 PM
At least driving isan option, I live in california, and there is no chance in hell I would pay that much money or time too fly there.

Rabid_Cow
12th September 2004, 01:29 PM
Hey, everyone. I'm back with another question for FRLG. Is there only one day-care center? The one South of Cerulean is what I mean. I was under the impression that they'd put another one in for breeding. Maybe I'm wrong. Does anyone know?

Thanks again!

Oh yeah, and about the Mystery Gift thing, that does bite. I live in MO, and the closest I will be to NY in the next year is goin to Washington D.C. with a band trip.

lugiahoohgsca55
12th September 2004, 01:42 PM
breeding can only be done on the 4th island after you beat the elite 4. sorry but thats how it goes witch realy makes it a long way to go depending on when you got the game. :(

andyizcool
12th September 2004, 02:23 PM
The whole idea of Mystery Gift on Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green is just bad because everyone in the USA can't get to the New York Pokemon Centre when they do give out those Rare Tickets. Also if they were giving those Tickets away in Europe when we get the game it would be an Event far away. So in the end no one wins and I think a lot of people will be missing out on those Rare Tickets to get to Ho-oh, Lugia, and Deoxys.

Rabid_Cow
12th September 2004, 02:26 PM
The whole idea of Mystery Gift on Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green is just bad because everyone in the USA can't get to the New York Pokemon Centre when they do give out those Rare Tickets. Also if they were giving those Tickets away in Europe when we get the game it would be an Event far away. So in the end no one wins and I think a lot of people will be missing out on those Rare Tickets to get to Ho-oh, Lugia, and Deoxys.
Truism. I personally think that they should make many "hot spots". Such as like give em to all Toys R Us or Game Stops. That way many people who spend their hard earned money on the gazillions of Pokemon games could get what they wanted.

NOTE TO NINTENDO: Have you ever heard of the phrase, "The customer is always right." ?!?!?

Animelee
12th September 2004, 02:47 PM
That's why I shark the legal move tutor attacks on them without remorse. I've been like that ever since I accidently taught my first Party(meaning, EPs all over the place) Kadabra Seismic Toss, and I needed it for my high-DV Registeel. I could just start one of my dummy games or Colosseum(and I have, for Masterballs) over, but why waste the time?

Wow, I thought I was the only one.

Yeah, like Rudoku, I don't understand why people are being masochistic and starting new games over and over, sometimes just for a measly Earthquake TM, or something. If you have access to a Game Shark, don't be a fool, get 999 of the one-time TMs and items so you don't have to spend twelve hours making it to Champion Road each time you need Earthquake. The same goes for the Move Tutors in LeafGreen/FireRed.

It's not like you're hacking IVs, EVs, Natures, Abilities, shinies, Badges, Master Balls, etc. You're just saving time with items and Move Tutors.

andyizcool
12th September 2004, 05:34 PM
It's not like you're hacking IVs, EVs, Natures, Abilities, shinies, Badges, Master Balls, etc. You're just saving time with items and Move Tutors.
Things like hacking those FR/LG Move Tutors moves onto Pokemon is sort of cheating to save time but you could argue hacking IVs and Natures saves time too like fast Egg hatching. I think there are different levels of cheating but you should never go too far because you would lose the fun in the games. I hope they make some sort of Wonder Spots here in the UK for getting those Rare Tickets in Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green when we get it. I'll being buying my Pokemon Leaf Green on 1st October and when I get so far I'll keep checking the Union Room seeing if anyone nearby is also in it.

rinku
12th September 2004, 07:48 PM
Trouble is, the Mystery Gift function makes perfect sense in Japan, where it's no great deal to get to a pokémon centre. As long as you realise it's *not* the GS Mystery Gift idea, but really a variation of the RS Mystery Events (i.e. to allow promotional stuff to be imported) you can see its no big deal.

Heck, I've been *capable* of receiving an Eon ticket for well over a year, but geography prevents it. Just one of those things - it really is a very minor part of the game.

But yeah - here's hoping Nintendo might distribute Wonder Spots though some of the chains...

ryan
13th September 2004, 01:33 AM
I rember hearing that the islands with G/S pokemon only have zubats until you mystery gift, thats the only problem I have.

Poryhedron
13th September 2004, 10:40 AM
I rember hearing that the islands with G/S pokemon only have zubats until you mystery gift, thats the only problem I have.
Actually, that only happens in one spot, the Altering Cave (known in the original Japanese as Transformation Cave.)

ryan
13th September 2004, 12:03 PM
But I can still catch the ones that show up there in other places?

andyizcool
13th September 2004, 12:10 PM
But I can still catch the ones that show up there in other places?
Sure you can get the other Johto Pokemon. The Islands where put into Pokemon FR/LG as an extra as well as the extra Johto Pokemon on them.

ryan
13th September 2004, 05:33 PM
I know. But it angers me that nintendo would put even a few jhoto pokemon on and island, and say ok this is absolutly worthless to you, unless you live in or near new york

rinku
13th September 2004, 06:00 PM
Chill out. Every single one that we know of from Altering cave is available from Colosseum (though in some cases it's their later evos that you actually catch there. so you'll need to breed). Like the Southern Island Lati*s, it's a pure bonus that you can get though other means.

In any case, while you need to go to a "nintendo event" (i.e. Wonder Spot) to get the tickets, I haven't seen anything that states the Altering Cave is triggered by that. You may just need to enter the Mystery Gift trigger phrase to activate the cave. The write up over at Serebii implied that you can enter passwords to trigger some Mystery Gift stuff.

As a final point, Nintendo do road shows and generally make this sort of stuff available at those. You may not need to travel to New York at all. You're in San Diego, right Ryan? Wouldn't surprise me if a large city like that might get a road show sometime (lets say... around when the next Pokémon move gets released??). If not, you'll probably get one in LA or San Francisco. Get out a map and find Hobart, Tasmania (little island at the southern end of Australia) to find out how near to promotional events I happen to be. My heart bleeds.

ryan
13th September 2004, 11:28 PM
Oh, thats cool then, I thought it was basically them saying haha, you want these? you move too new york. But it isn't so all is well.

But Im moving to san fransico, so there shouldbe some thing up there.
My typing is horrid tonight.

Gagome
14th September 2004, 01:55 AM
In any case, while you need to go to a "nintendo event" (i.e. Wonder Spot) to get the tickets, I haven't seen anything that states the Altering Cave is triggered by that. You may just need to enter the Mystery Gift trigger phrase to activate the cave. The write up over at Serebii implied that you can enter passwords to trigger some Mystery Gift stuff.
...I have read some info about it on Meowth346's web site. The Pokemon in Altering cave are indeed triggered by Mystery Gift. How this is done in Europe, Australia or US is still unknown. Although we can assume that one Hotspot will be in the Pokemon Center in NY.

andyizcool
17th September 2004, 02:05 PM
Wow, I thought I was the only one.

Yeah, like Rudoku, I don't understand why people are being masochistic and starting new games over and over, sometimes just for a measly Earthquake TM, or something. If you have access to a Game Shark, don't be a fool, get 999 of the one-time TMs and items so you don't have to spend twelve hours making it to Champion Road each time you need Earthquake. The same goes for the Move Tutors in LeafGreen/FireRed.

Latest News reveal that the Move Tutors from Pokemon FR/LG who teach moves like Thunder Wave, Seismic Toss, Swords Dance, Rock Slide, etc. are in Pokemon Emerald and you can use them as much as you like as long as you have the BP to pay. There are even some extra good old GSC TM Move Tutors like Thunder Punch, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, and Icy Wind.