PDA

View Full Version : Evolving Eevee

Lunarblade
10th September 2004, 05:35 PM
How do you evolve Eevee into Espeon/Umbreon in FireRed/LeafGreen? Is it the same way as in GSC?

andyizcool
10th September 2004, 05:37 PM
You need to trade Eevee to Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire because it has a clock so you have Day and Night. Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green has no clock so Eevee will never evolve into Espeon/Umbreon without trading back to Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire.

Silent Dragonfly
10th September 2004, 06:09 PM
Eevee evolves at different times than GSC, you will get Umbreon only after midnight on your games clock

andyizcool
10th September 2004, 06:18 PM
Eevee evolves at different times than GSC, you will get Umbreon only after midnight on your games clock
More like after 10pm because some little kids won't stay up too late playing their GBA/GBA SP on Pokemon. It's also before 6am in the Morning it would still class it as Night in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire.

Gagome
11th September 2004, 05:15 AM
You get Umbreon from 0:00 AM to 12:00 AM and Espeon from 12:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
I know because I was playing my Ruby game at about a few minutes after 11:00 AM and I thought it is day and a nice time to evolve my Eevee (I got from my Japanese FR) to Espeon. Boy was I surprised that after it grew one level it started to evolve into Umbreon. Fortunately I was quick enough to stop the evolution and then I waited one hour after 12:00 AM. Then I tried again and this time it evolved into Espeon like I wanted.

theniceguydk
11th September 2004, 06:28 AM
I've heard, that Eevee evolves randomly in Fire Red & Leaf Green.
Is this true?

Silent Dragonfly
11th September 2004, 07:14 AM
No, that isn't true. Eevee doesn't evolve into Espeon or Umbreon AT ALL in FRLG, you can only evolve them on RuSa

Orion
12th September 2004, 10:28 PM
You get Umbreon from 0:00 AM to 12:00 AM and Espeon from 12:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
I know because I was playing my Ruby game at about a few minutes after 11:00 AM and I thought it is day and a nice time to evolve my Eevee (I got from my Japanese FR) to Espeon. Boy was I surprised that after it grew one level it started to evolve into Umbreon. Fortunately I was quick enough to stop the evolution and then I waited one hour after 12:00 AM. Then I tried again and this time it evolved into Espeon like I wanted.

Hmmm, that kinda explains why I got an Umberon at 9 AM back then... now it's all clear. I'd rather have the old GSC clock system. The RS one, apart from being much useless (At least in time of the day terms.), is kinda confusing.

rinku
12th September 2004, 11:47 PM
...although you can see why they changed it. My kids, for example, would rarely get a chance to play between 6:00pm and 6:00am. Making noon and midnight the changeover times makes it more accessable to more people.

Xenesis
13th September 2004, 06:35 AM
Well, it's relatively simple:
Time = AM -> Umbreon
Time = Pm -> Espeon

VanirElf
17th September 2004, 09:51 AM
the gold silver crystal clock was split into 3 sections

morning
day
night

each was 8 hours and you could only get umbreon when it was night
which began at 6 pm

in ruby sapphire they split the day in two
day and night
each lasting 12 yours with day beginning at 10 am and ending at 9.59 pm

I don't know if eevee can evolve randomly or not in ruby or sapphire but
like...most everyone has ruby and sapphire anyway so I don't understand why people are freakin' out about it.

Poryhedron
17th September 2004, 01:33 PM
the gold silver crystal clock was split into 3 sections

morning
day
night

each was 8 hours and you could only get umbreon when it was night
which began at 6 pm

in ruby sapphire they split the day in two
day and night
each lasting 12 yours with day beginning at 10 am and ending at 9.59 pm

I don't know if eevee can evolve randomly or not in ruby or sapphire but
like...most everyone has ruby and sapphire anyway so I don't understand why people are freakin' out about it.
Wrong on GSC, and I suspect wrong on RS. The three GSC times weren't all 8 hours. "Day" was 8 hours, but Night was 10 hours and Morn was 6 hours. The boundary times were 10 AM, 6 PM and 4 AM.
The folks on this thread have been reporting that, in RS, The boundary times are not 10 AM and 10 PM, but Noon and Midnight. Have you personally seen evidence in the games that it's 10 and 10, or are you just passing on a rumor?