PDA

View Full Version : Future TCG Set Releases

Water Pokemon Master
11th September 2004, 02:41 PM
With EX FR/LG, I think Nintendo decided to sort of start over with the TCG, like with the Gameboys.

EX FireRed/LeafGreen - Base, Jungle (other cards covered in the other EX Sets, such as ones from Fossil)
EX Team Rocket Returns - Team Rocket (obviously)

So, the next set in the older sets are Gym Heroes and Gym Challenge. Could that mean that the set after EX TRR (besides the Deoxys set) could be a gym leader set for the Hoenn region, since we had one for Johto (the VS Set) and one for Kanto?

Then after those sets, maybe we will have a new generation of cards, like with the Neo's. The new generation could have cards such as Gonbe and the new 4th generation Pokemon, and be neo neo sets. :)

Next year, I think the format will be EX FR/LG on, since they reprinted all of those cards, and it would be like they are starting the TCG format all over again.

What do you guys think?

Alec Trevelyan
11th September 2004, 06:56 PM
that was the point i was talking with some guys in a brazilian forum, so probably we'll get cards from gym 1 & 2, then neo... makes sense ^^

Roarkiller
12th September 2004, 07:27 AM
That would be nice, but i for one wont be supporting the idea. IMO they r better off creating a totally new gameplay. They already succeeded that to a certain extent with supporters and ex pkmn, they shouldnt reprint any of the older cards, no matter how much we want them.

Water Pokemon Master
12th September 2004, 02:32 PM
Yeah, I too think they should make a totally new gameplay. I think Rocket-on was the best format we ever had, so maybe after the Gym sets (if they have them), they will start all over without any EXs or Supporters.