PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here play EVE Online?

pokemaniacbill
11th September 2004, 08:44 PM
I need help with it... the game is screwy. Too bright to see, I can't read any of the text, and I don't know what the hell's going on. Anybody who might know anything at all, help me, please.

Craig
12th September 2004, 12:17 AM
EVE Online is great if you enjoy sitting at your computer watching the same thing happen (warp across 1 solar system, go to the other) 24 times, multiple times per day.

Or if you like watching your ship orbit around an asteroid shooting lasers at it. Yep.

pokemaniacbill
12th September 2004, 12:58 AM
That was so helpful... really. Thanks. Lots. Piss off.

Razola
12th September 2004, 01:11 AM
Knock it off the both of you.

First off, check for a brightness setting in the game's options. Otherwise, use the manual brightness that your moniter has as a temporary fix. Then go and email tech support for a more permanent solution.

pokemaniacbill
12th September 2004, 02:40 AM
Damnit. I figured out the problem... ugh. I tried manual brightness, that didn't work. There is no brightness setting in-game. I managed to log in, to try and use the boards. There servers are down. Turns out this particular card series has problems with this game, and the one that got discontinued is the one in my machine. Not supported.

Tried it on the desktop computer. Long story short, after installing the new ALL IN WONDER Driver, I have to reinstall the OS.

This warrants a goddamnit.

Razola
12th September 2004, 02:59 AM
If you're the adventuring type, you could try finding the config file and seeing if there's a gamma setting. Then lower whatever the number the gamma is set at. Tweak said number until desired result.

What's your Video Card?

pokemaniacbill
12th September 2004, 06:19 AM
It's an ATI M4 Mobile. It's a discontinued card from a series of cards that has LOTS of problems for the game and is not supported by the game itself.

By the way, the amusing part?

That config file? It couldn't find it for the computer we had to reinstall the OS on.

We have fourteen computers in this house, I managed to get it to work on ONE, but Jesus Christ, that SUCKED. It works fine when it's installed, takes some getting used to, but it's a real nice game and even through all this I might actually sign up.

Craig
12th September 2004, 03:47 PM
Anybody who might know anything at all, help me, please.

I do know something about EVE Online, so I tried to help you, and I shared it. Yet, you cast off my advice with a "piss off" ?? :mad2: ??

My advice is do not bother to do all this stuff to fix your computer for 1 program that you'll probably hate after a few days anyways. It is very wonderous at first, but once you get past the pretty images of stars and space ships its becomes a very boring "Watch TV to keep you from being bored while you play it" type game.

Heald
12th September 2004, 04:38 PM
It is a good game once you get into it.

The problem is, you have to get into it. Getting into it is harder than nailing diarrhea to a wall.

pokemaniacbill
13th September 2004, 12:21 AM
I actually like this game... I'm pretty in to it, I'm willing to learn any kind of macros necessary for big mining. It's fun. And Craig, you were being a pain in the ass. So yes. I told you to piss off. Continue to do so, but better.

Razola
13th September 2004, 03:22 AM
http://www.bluekingstudios.com/archives/coh_logo.jpg

This game increases its share in awesome at such a rate I'm surprised my monthly fee hasn't gone up.

Craig
13th September 2004, 04:43 PM
I actually like this game... I'm pretty in to it, I'm willing to learn any kind of macros necessary for big mining. It's fun. And Craig, you were being a pain in the ass. So yes. I told you to piss off. Continue to do so, but better.

I would say you are the one being a "pain in the ass"

It is clear you are just trying to block out all negative feedback on EVE Online, because you are afraid it might be true :(

EVE Online isn't quality enough to warrant a monthly suscription fee. You'll find this out soon enough.

Im finished with this thread, if Pokemaniacbill wants to be a smartass he can be.

Razola
13th September 2004, 05:21 PM
If you're finished, then there's no need for it to linger.

Cah-losed.