PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Gah! I'm On Fire!

mr_pikachu
13th September 2004, 03:07 PM
Well, this poll centers around flames of all sorts. That's fairly obvious from the title.

GENERAL SECTION

1. Have you ever flamed anyone on this forum, or any other forum?
2. What is your opinion on flamers?
3. Have you ever seen someone on fire, either at home or on TV?
4. Have you been affected by a fire?
5. Are you a pyromaniac?

POKEMONIZED SECTION

6. What's your favorite Fire-type Pokemon?
7. What's your opinion on the anime's use of fire? (The flame for each League, the flame of Moltres, etc.)
8. What Fire Pokemon have you used in the various Pokemon games (i.e. the video games, TCG, etc.)?

My answers:

GENERAL SECTION

1. The closest I've come is telling someone that their logic was idiotic. I then explained my reasoning and showed the logical thought process I had gone through. I don't know if that would be considered flaming, especially since I said why I thought their line of thinking was rubbish.

2. Some "flamers" are just people who give really harsh criticism. The people who blast other users on a regular basis are more trouble and should warrant more attention from the forum leaders, I think. Then again, what would this place be without people telling others to commit suicide?

3. I've seen it on news reports where people tried to break world records and such, and usually ended up either dying or critically injuring themselves in the process. It's quite sad that people would set themselves on fire for attention and a measly record.

4. Not really. We haven't had any possessions ignite, so there's not much to tell here. However, we were probably somewhat affected by the fires in California, since that probably drained some of our nation's resources (which could have obviously been used for us instead of California, otherwise).

5. Not a bit. In fact, I'm somewhat afraid of fire. :scared:

POKEMONIZED SECTION

6. Gotta go with the classic, Charizard.

7. I think they use flames a bit much, but it's not all that bad.

8. I've used the starters, along with the legendary Fire Pokemon. I probably had a Rapidash or something on the games where I didn't pick the Fire starter. I also used to have a Fire/Electric TCG deck that had Growlithe, Arcanine, Ponyta, Rapidash, Charmander, Charmeleon, and probably a few others that I can't think of. I still have some of those in my deck, but it's made to be faster, now.

So, what do you have to say?

Yoh Asakura
13th September 2004, 03:15 PM
GENERAL SECTION

1. Have you ever flamed anyone on this forum, or any other forum? Who hasn't?

2. What is your opinion on flamers? Fun Fun Fun

3. Have you ever seen someone on fire, either at home or on TV? Yes hehe

4. Have you been affected by a fire? I've singed my whole face before. Burnt myself loads of times.

5. Are you a pyromaniac? Yes.

POKEMONIZED SECTION

6. What's your favorite Fire-type Pokemon? That wolf thing from GSC, Typhploson or something.

7. What's your opinion on the anime's use of fire? (The flame for each League, the flame of Moltres, etc.) It's gay.

8. What Fire Pokemon have you used in the various Pokemon games (i.e. the video games, TCG, etc.)? Charmander and his evos, prolly all the fires in RBY.

Kris
13th September 2004, 03:43 PM
GENERAL SECTION

-I dont think I have, Ive had many rants though.
-Waste of time and just out to cause SPAM, which makes my life much harder.
-On TV yeah, but never in real life.
-No not really, well not that I can remember.
5. Are you a pyromaniac?
-No of course not........

POKEMONIZED SECTION

-Ive always loved vulpix, just because its really cute!
7. What's your opinion on the anime's use of fire? (The flame for each League, the flame of Moltres, etc.)
-Im not sure what to say to this, but I like the idea of the league flame just ike the olympics!
8. What Fire Pokemon have you used in the various Pokemon games (i.e. the video games, TCG, etc.)?
-Ummm most at one point of the other I guess!!

Pichu
13th September 2004, 04:06 PM
GENERAL SECTION

1. I believe I have.
2. Trouble maker? dunno.
3. Yes.
4. Yes.
5. No.

POKEMONIZED SECTION

6. Cyndaquil
7. Why is it liquid based? I thought fire supposed to be energy, but it acts like a liquid in the animé
8. I don't play pokémon games.

Zak
13th September 2004, 05:43 PM
1. Yeah.

2. To be quite honest, I'd have no problem with it if it was more balanced the way they are treated. Seeing as members here who arent known very well pretty much get banned for flaming, when certain other people constantly get away with it because "its funny when they do it". Either let them all get away, or hang them all.

3. Who hasn't on TV?

4. Not really... but the aroma of burning incense is pretty addictive, if that counts. Smoking is for weirdos IMO, no offense to people who smoke.

5. Erm... hehe...

6. Charizard, of course.

7. I think its fairly balanced, unlike water which is pushed to the limits. It's not really liquid based, its more gas based. Unless its coming from Slugma and Magcargo... because they're, well... lava!

8. Only the starters and legendaries... don't really play much.

~Zak

Jay
14th September 2004, 06:21 AM
GENERAL SECTION

1. Yeah I've flamed a lot of people here, but rarely anywhere else. (Maybe one time at the green place which was pretty dramatic.)
2. I don't flame anymore. Don't have the energy and can't be bothered to do it nowadays, just a general waste of time. As for others, well, I can't stop them from doing it.
3. TV.
4. No.
5. No.

POKEMONIZED SECTION

6. I don't like fire pokemon that much. :( Uh, Moltres I guess since it's got fiery wings. ^__^
7. I don't watch the anime so I do not know.
8. I'm sure I've used every fire pokemon before in the games. Don't play the TCG.

FireBlast
14th September 2004, 02:07 PM
1. Sure, flaming is a topnotch solution for dealing with retards.
2. As long as it's just I don't see any problem with it, if someone is offended by something he/she saw on the internet they should turn off their screens and go watch teletubbies or something.
3. On TV.
4. No.
5. If there're matchs or a lighter in my nearby surroundings I will light it up more often than not for no apperant reason.
6. Charizrd, duh.
7. N/A. Watched the Pokemon anime like 3 times, never liked it...
8. Yeah, gonna go with Charizard here too, used him in all my RBY games and actually in GSC too and now on FR/LG...

Agent Elrond
14th September 2004, 06:33 PM
GENERAL SECTION

Not intentionally, in fact, I make a concious effort never to outright insult someone. Although I have wanted to on many occasions. I'm such a saint. >.<

*Shrugs* I think it's too bad people can't control their anger better, but as long as they're not flaming me or someone I would stand up for, I find them rather amusing.

I've seen Hellboy, Liz Sherman, Inuyasha (many times), Kagome, several Terminators, Mayu, and many poor, underpaid stunties on fire in various movies and TV shows.

Whenever there is a wildfire in the mountains it's painful to work hard on my bike because my lungs start having trouble with the smoke. So yeah, that's an indirect effect, I guess.

5. Are you a pyromaniac?

No, but many of my made up characters are... if that tells you anything about me.

POKEMONIZED SECTION

Probably Arcanine, with Typhlosion a close second.

What? Bi, hi, ka?

I've trained many, but the ones who saw serious use were: (Gold Version) Growlithe, Ho-Oh, Entei, (Crystal) Growlithe-Arcanine, and (Sapphire) the Blazekin line.

Btw, cool poll. 8)

homeofmew
14th September 2004, 08:05 PM
1. Have you ever flamed anyone on this forum, or any other forum? No I have not, but people have flamed me.
2. What is your opinion on flamers? Dumb really you van voice your opinion without calling names and getting mad
3. Have you ever seen someone on fire, either at home or on TV? You see it on TV all the time, and in movies.
4. Have you been affected by a fire? Not really I been near camp fires and started a minor fire in my yard, and once a school grass got on fire.
5. Are you a pyromaniac? nope.

6. What's your favorite Fire-type Pokemon? Charizard
7. What's your opinion on the anime's use of fire? (The flame for each League, the flame of Moltres, etc.) Great Moltres was cool, Ho Oh is slightly better though
8. What Fire Pokemon have you used in the various Pokemon games (i.e. the video games, TCG, etc.)? Blaziken EX, Blaziken FireStarter

Ninetales3001
16th September 2004, 08:14 AM
GENERAL SECTION

1. I don't remember about the times I've flamed people here, but I probably have. On other forums, not so much - but I use to flame people a hell of a lot at Soul Calibur 2 forums, because they were a bunch of idiots.
2. They are angry people online who are shy, and timid in person.
3. Just on TV. heh
4. No. Though, I am paranoid about the house catching on fire XD
5. Yes. It's sad really lol

POKEMANIZED SECTION

6. My favorite Pokeman is Ninetales. :D
7. I have no opinion, because I don't watch the anime. If it's Pokeman though, it's probably a lame use of it. ^^;
8. um... I really don't remember/care. XD

Edge
17th September 2004, 03:45 PM
General Section

1. Well, I haven't been actively posting on these forums for a couple years, so I can't vividly remember. Might have been a couple instances.

2. Depends what their intention is. If it's to defend their believes but they get a little out of control then I don't like it but it's understandable. If it's just to harass someone for shits and giggles, then it's pathetic.

3. TV? Yeah. Some of those real life horror stories.

4. No, never. Thank goodness.

5. I actually have a fear of fire... so no.

Pokeyman Section

1. Charizard. It's got that completely badass look that make you stay at it with awe.

2. I'm not too big on the Pokemon anime, but what uses of fire I've seen I've liked.

3. Almost every single one of them. Pretty skippy type.

DarkTemplarZ
17th September 2004, 07:25 PM
General

1) I've been banned four times so I've done more than my fair share

2) Depends, if you're going after somebody who's being a complete baka or asshole then it's perfectly alright. Flaming just for the sake of it is just retarded.

3) TV and movies yeah, never in real life

4) Started campfires, not much more than that.

5) Nope

Pokemonized

1) Arcanine rocks. Charizard and Blaziken in a close 2nd.

2) Don't really notice it, although it's kinda stupid people don't get burnt to a crisp when they get hit by Ember/Flamethrower

3) Most of them, except the Slugma line cuz I always found them just disgusting...

kainashi
17th September 2004, 07:32 PM
1. yes, quite a few times.
2. i don't like them. :mad2:
3. yes. many times.
4. nope.
5. not really.

POKEMONIZED SECTION

6. i like moltres.
7. *shrug* don't pay any attention to the anime.
8. most of them, except for the crappy ones. ie. slugma, etc.

Leon-IH
18th September 2004, 10:03 AM
The Questions Were.
GENERAL SECTION
5. Are you a pyromaniac?

POKEMONIZED SECTION

And The Amazing Leon Replied :)
1. Yes, i always flame idiots - im the bastard, it's my job :P
2. We > You
3. Does my mum throwing a burning towel out the window and screaming count?
4. Regularly i'm affected by fire.
5. Yep
6. Houndoom, burning dogs rule
7. Don't make me destroy the anime
8. ALL OF THEM