PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with the Elite 4:FR

Crazy
13th September 2004, 05:56 PM
I have finally arrived at the Elite 4 and I am having GREAT trouble with Lance. I chose to overpower my starter which is what I normally do,but sadly I have a sucktastic male Charizard with a horrible nature. If I ever manage to beat the E4 then I will breed it with meh Ditto. So any advice,and I also need info. on where to find the VS. Seeker. Note:Charizard is currently Lvl:70

andyizcool
13th September 2004, 06:02 PM
You really should have a Water or Ice Pokemon with Ice Beam so you could own Lance quickly. Remember when you played Pokemon Red/Blue and Lance was very easy but when you moved onto Pokemon Yellow they improved him? I think Pokemon FR/LG is like this they have Natures and EVs to think about so Lance's Dragon Pokemon are super strong. Remember after Lance you'll have Green (Gary) to battle so you're going to need a lot of Pokemon to survive because Green is a few levels higher than Lance.

rinku
13th September 2004, 06:31 PM
Only quick fix I can think of is to use the Dragon Claw TM if you have it (according to Serebii it's on Victory Road somewhere, so you should be able to get it before E4). Otherwise it's back out and train up something useful, or keep training your Charizard up to unbeatable levels.

Edit:
Just had a quick look at the pokémon Lance uses - Electric is as useful, if not more so than Ice - while Fire is weak against the lot. Even a Charizard with a perfect personality and great stats is going to struggle against them. Get something else as a backup - Lapras might be a good one, since it gets STAB Ice vs Dragonite & Dragonair, STAB Water vs Aerodactyl and can learn Thunderbolt or Thunder to wipe the floor with Gyarados.

Crazy
13th September 2004, 07:28 PM
UPDATE:I am at Lance with a LVL 51 Zapdos. That is how I beat him in the old days,let's see how this turns out.

Puaru
13th September 2004, 08:28 PM
Quick question, so you face Gary after Lance in FR/LG?

Rabid_Cow
13th September 2004, 08:35 PM
Yeap. That's how it was in old RBY, and that's how it is now.

Puaru
13th September 2004, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the info, I didn't remember that honestly :no:

Andrew
13th September 2004, 09:04 PM
VS Seeker, you get that from the woman in the Electric Town's Pokecenter.. Vermillion... blah?

*Closes*