PDA

View Full Version : Prize Structure Changes for Pre-Releases - Prepare to be Surprised

Water Pokemon Master
14th September 2004, 03:32 PM
Great news thanks to farbsman of the PokeGym!

After you play in a pre-release, no matter what place you come in, you will get an additional 4 booster packs, which means you will get 10 in total! Also, in addition, you will get two POP series booster packs, which contains promo cards!

Also, winners of pre-releases will recieve a trophy/plaque/medal/etc from now on, like with the original EX R/S pre-releases.

This is so cool! I am so excited that I will be going to every pre-release in my area from now on (or will attempt to)!

Gotcha! Actually, gotcha again! No surprise this time, it's all real!!!!!

Alec Trevelyan
14th September 2004, 06:24 PM
woha, so, on the set EX: return of team rocket we'll get 10 packs, for the same price?
actually here the price is 16 US$ on the pre-release...
but i think they will make it cost more money in order to get more packs, no?
last pre-release (EX HL) we got 8 people =/, i wonder if they still will do pre-releases for us after this

Water Pokemon Master
14th September 2004, 06:58 PM
Nope, still the same price. You get your six, open them up, then after the last round, they hand out 4 more packs to everyone.

mr_pikachu
14th September 2004, 10:05 PM
That's great news. Events with that kind of incentive could really get people back into the game.

Now I just have to find a pre-release tournament... and there's probably a total of zero of them in my state, anyway.

*sighs* Sometimes it really sucks to live in Oklahoma...

P.S. Is there a website (or any other source) where I could get information on tournaments in my area? It'd be really nice to have, since all we have here is a tiny once-a-week tourney with next-to-no prizes to speak of.

(If it would be considered linking to a competitor of TPM... then just PM me, if you could. Thanks!)

Water Pokemon Master
15th September 2004, 04:47 AM
Well, umm, when the EX Team Rocket Returns pre-releases come around, you can locate pre-releases in your area by going here:

http://op.pokemon-tcg.com/events/

Roarkiller
15th September 2004, 08:30 AM
And i suppose that does not apply to all over the world? But then i never had an RS prerelease.

Would be nice to have a medal when u win tho. Should look nice beside the #2 on that pikachu trophy of mine. Extra boosters should be useful, especially for ppl like me who dont buy any boosters at all (no money, i juz buy/trade singles).

Btw, does a set prize even exist? For me, it simply depends on the turnout, and more old promos. I stopped taking them (the old promos) since my last tourney, juz told everyone to take them in my place. But ey, when u got like 30 copies of that card, obviously u wouldnt want to take any more, eh?

Come to think of it, wanna trade?

Water Pokemon Master
16th September 2004, 05:36 PM
*turns into an Absol and becomes the bearer of bad news*

Ok, I apparently didn't read all the way through the topic at the PokeGym, and missed one very small itty-bitty little sentence.

"You will know longer be able to win any booster boxes."

So, for those of you who always come in first, you don't get any packs for that. If you always end up in last, then this is still good for you I suppose.

Alec Trevelyan
16th September 2004, 06:55 PM
thats good imo, cuz everyone will have the cards... on TA vs TM pre-release, my partner won a box, got everything... and people got 1 or 2 more packs... thats unfair...

Roarkiller
18th September 2004, 03:09 AM
Very. Over here, i have yet to hear anyone winning anything bigger than a couple of boosters.

A whole box? Damn lucky if u ask me, considering the price of a box.

mr_pikachu
18th September 2004, 05:41 AM
>_< Okay, that's ridiculous... there aren't any events even remotely near me. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, considering there's a grand total of seven pre-releases on my continent... but it's still pathetic. Would it kill 'em to hold a few more of these tournaments? *growls*

Water Pokemon Master
18th September 2004, 09:54 AM
Maybe that's because the next pre-release isn't for another 2 months? Those 7 places are actually early birds signing up to have them. If you already have 7 two months before the pre-releases are supposed to even happen, then you are definately in good shape.