PDA

View Full Version : A Timeless Tale

Cyborg J
13th February 2003, 06:06 PM
Has anybody seen this? Is it good or bad? Is it worth me buying?

Hanada Tattsu
13th February 2003, 06:11 PM
Is this the 4th movie? Cause if it is, the dub title of the movie was "Pokemon 4Ever".

Anyway, yeah, it's a really good movie. Then again, I've only seen the Japanese version of it (cause of Miramax's stupid limited release), so I don't know how the dub went.

Yet, I would rent it and see what I think of it, since the never before seen 4th movie short is on there.

Cyborg J
13th February 2003, 06:57 PM
...it's not for rent anywhere, to see it I'd have to buy it.

But thanks for the info, oh, and on the cover it said "A Timeless Tale", it's in its original Japanese form, I never knew it got dubbed to English.

Hanada Tattsu
13th February 2003, 07:55 PM
Oh, you're talking about the Japanese version?

BTW, the title of the Japanese is really Serebii: A Timeless Encounter, but some sources say A Timeless Tale, so that would work.

Yeah, I would get the Japanese version. It's really good, and I would pay 50 bucks or even more for it. Very dramatic.

AKA Pokemon Fan
14th February 2003, 12:06 AM
I saw the dub and I have to say its very good, possibly the best dubbed Pokemon movie yet (or at least on the caliber of Spell of the Unknown). The keep most all the background music I think and Vicious has a great dubbed voice. They also actually let the characters say "die" outright. :o

Also, for better or worse, the dub includes several scenes that weren't in the Japanese version and add three or so extra minutes to it. Aside from an added Team Rocket comic relief scene, most of them are simply to make it clearer to us dumb Americans just who the mysterious kid from forty years ago is.;)

Mikachu Yukitatsu
14th February 2003, 12:58 AM
I thought it was "Toki Wo Koeta Deai":rolleyes: OK, it can be translated to English in many ways, so it does not matter really. I myself would say "A Meeting Which Crossed Time" ;)

Still waiting for the movie here in the European Union...

T M Pikachu
15th February 2003, 12:36 AM
Yes it was really well dubed. But I'm still mad, since Miramax had it an limited release. Hey I saw it, but still. I would definitely buy it dubbed or the Japanese version. Which I'm going to do when it comes out.