PDA

View Full Version : 4 more episodes to the end of Full Metal Alchemist!

Dark-San
15th September 2004, 09:24 AM
Okay now I take back my word that Chrno Crusade is better than Full Metal Alchemist. Looking at the way on how the story plot has evolved since episode 1, I must agree this explosive anime deserves its number 1 spot in the anime magazine that ranks it at the top.

Let us recap what happen so far, at first the anime started out at the town of Loir. The Elric brothers were battling this priest which uses the red stone. My impression of the anime ain't very good in the introduction. However as the story goes back to the days that they are young and from there things are only starting to get better. I started to know how on earth do they get their metallic arms and legs (For Edward) and the armour body (For Alp). I was starting to follow with interest from the moment they failed in their transmutation of their dead mom, to the days they enter the military, to the days they get to know Nina and how she was transmute to a chimera by her own father, Life Sewing Alchemist Tucker.

The most exciting part where I followed enthusiastically was the introduction of the homoculus to the anime. Homoculus, a by product of a failed human transmuatation, was brought up and reared by someone so that the person could obtained the Philosopher Stone. To my shock, the person was none other than Ed's grand teacher, Dante. She in terms was responsible for the war on Isabal, death of Hudges etc...

As of now, the anime is just opening the secret of alchemy slowly like a flower blossoming slowly in spring. The truth behind the gate and the relationship between Dante and Ed's Dad are to be unveil in the upcoming last 4 more episodes. What are your comments on this doods?

Totodilemew
15th September 2004, 07:20 PM
Dante and Ed's dad were lovers in the past, weren't they? Anyways, I can't wait for this. I hope Alphonse doesn't die...

Roarkiller
16th September 2004, 09:31 AM
1st time ive seen u use such colourful language. Thought u werent capable of that :P

I havent watched it yet, mainly due to 1)too many titles i want to download first, and 2)harddisk space running out. And besides, i wanna watch the previous series first.

Maybe u could lend it to me after it ends, ey? Btw, how many eps r there in total?

Last Exile
17th September 2004, 10:03 AM
Episode 51, the final episode, screens in Japan on October 2.

Yeah, someone I know is downloading it, so I'll get it off him in exchange for Chrno Crusade, Last Exile, Paranoia Agent and GANTZ.

I'm trying this one out since there's nothing else left for me to pursue that I can easily get aside from newer Samurai Champloo and Elfen Lied episodes. And if I'm forced to put it on at the anime club I'm now part-runner of, I will want to know what I'm getting everyone into.

I'm always going to resent FMA to an extent because Studio Bones put all their focus onto it and the latter parts of Wolf's Rain and Scrapped Princess suffered as a result. If FMA is what Studio Bones needs to stay afloat financially, this is a sad world we live in where every studio has to come up with a 50-odd episode series to hook everyone into.

Roarkiller
18th September 2004, 03:50 AM
I happen to think that Scrapped Princess was wonderfully done.

Tho i can agree with Wolf's Rain.

Last Exile
18th September 2004, 03:54 AM
Scrapped Princess was wonderuflly done. It's just that the last 5 or so episodes seemed rushed and it took a bit of the polish off.

As for Wolf's Rain, that fell apart by the half-way mark.