PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER Hoso special!

Zak
15th September 2004, 08:07 PM
S16: Imperial Racing Legend! Richie and Moltres!

Nothing more to say here.... discuss.

~Zak

Blackjack Gabbiani
15th September 2004, 09:16 PM
Oh god. Why do they keep doing stuff with Ritchie? Don't they know no one likes him? Even in Japan he's unpopular! What, is he a collective of all the writers or something?

And why does he keep running into Legendaries? He's going to be more of a Mary Sue than Ash at this point!

All these Legendaries, and we can't get a special about someone connected to them in another way? Imagine how cool a special about Eusine would be! About his quest for Suicune and why he's after it in the first place. And it would have Morty in it, because it just has to. Or (and you knew I would say this) something about Jirarudan and how he changed after the events in the second movie. Who knows--he could be researching the ancient legends and uncover something earth-shaking...

And I think a special about Molly and her current life would be much appreciated. Her and her Teddiursa and how things are with her parents and all that...

Andrew
15th September 2004, 09:49 PM
I would actually love that special, Blackjack, it sounds wonderful.

Pokemon 3 was the best one IMO so I enjoyed it thoroughly. Molly was an interesting character, and I'd indeed like to see how she and Lisa are getting along!

Eusine seemed a bit too snippy for my liking ;p Sakura would be a better one IMO or even Jiroo.

Blackjack Gabbiani
15th September 2004, 10:44 PM
It would be interesting to see how Eusine got that way. It seems to be a recent change in him, given how Morty reacts to him.

Adamant
16th September 2004, 04:53 PM
Do we have a source?

No, not Serebii. I mean a trustworthy source.

Serebii of SPP
16th September 2004, 05:04 PM
Do we have a source?

No, not Serebii. I mean a trustworthy source.
1. Serebii is a trustworthy source. Never posts inaccurate info and when it posts some I think is a bit dodgy, then I post that its not 100% confirmed thank you very much
2. We have the title as:

Galloping Sky Legend - Richie and Moltres!

Adamant
16th September 2004, 05:13 PM
I see. May I ask where you found this title?

Pewter City Geodude
16th September 2004, 06:56 PM
Since when has Serebii been an untrustworthy source for ep titles? -_-

Adamant, before bashing someone, it'd be nice if you actually had a clue what you were talking about. -_-

Anyway, BJG, what's your beef with Richie? There's nothing wrong with him.

Man, I didn't expect this level of needless bashing over a new Hoso title....people, it's supposed to be a GOOD thing.

Andrew
16th September 2004, 08:01 PM
Oh please, Ritchie is about as interesting as a blade of grass in a meadow. He's got no real interesting defining characteristics other that he wears the most appauling clothes, has a terrible voice and is an absolutely boring character.

I personally dislike Ritchie immensely... so its not just BJG.

But um, not every episode of Pogeymanz ends up being a good one...

Animelee
16th September 2004, 10:19 PM
His English voice is quite annoying because it's the generic "every little kid" voice that 4Kids likes to use in all its shows. In the original version, Hiroshi/Richie has a very smooth-like, distinct voice. The thing about the original version is that they have way more than just ten voice actors doing the same voices for one-time characters over and over. *Counts the number of times he heard the English Mewtwo-Yugi voice back when he used to watch the dub*

The thing I like about the Hiroshi/Richie specials is that they're all like detective stories. First he had to find the kidnapped Professor Oarkhid/Oak, then he had to go back in time and use detective work to help unite a Nurse Joy and a boy together, so that when he went back to the future, they were friends. And now, I feel he'll have to somehow become "Junior Batman" again to help out Fiyre/Moltres.

Adamant
17th September 2004, 05:29 AM
Well, my point is that Serebii.net seems to be the only site that know of this episode.

Wouldn't you think sites like Palette would've listed it by now?

So Serebii, if you're reading this: Where did you find the title of this episode?

Zhen Lin
17th September 2004, 06:02 AM
It comes from the preview at the end of Sept 14th's Housou, I can confirm it.

Serebii of SPP
17th September 2004, 02:34 PM
It comes from the preview at the end of Sept 14th's Housou, I can confirm it.
Thats the Casey Special. This is the one that'll be in the preview at the end of Sep 21st's

But its on Palette's forums and many other places

Zak
17th September 2004, 03:57 PM
Another thing Adamant, if you hadn't noticed, I had obviously gotten it from a Japanese source, because note that the title I got is different.

~Zak

Hanada Tattsu
19th September 2004, 11:48 AM
Adamant, can you stop your bashing of other websites and keep quite? What proof do you have that Serebii is not a trustworthy source? Get on topic, man!

Sounds interesting. Richie is annoying, but could this Moltres be the same Moltres as before, or a brand new one?

Archaic
21st September 2004, 05:44 AM
I'll both confirm this news (Since I saw the preview for it tonight. Clip available for direct download later tonight), and give a slightly better translation of the title than what's above.

Galloping Heavens Legend, Richie & Moltres!

EDIT: Direct download of preview clip is now available, thanks to Fushigi na Niwa and Bulbagarden. Download is only possible from the link on the following thread.
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=5733

Hanada Tattsu
21st September 2004, 09:32 AM
Thanks Archaic - so this airs when? I wonder if this will mean Ash doesn't meet Richie in the Hoenn region.

Archaic
21st September 2004, 09:29 PM
For me, it airs next Tuesday at 7pm. I'm informed that HoSo now may be airing at different times in different areas of Japan, but from what I can see with a quick check of Yahoo Japan, that information seems to be incorrect. At the very least, I'll be getting the episode at the same time as Tokyo in any rate.

BTW, Nanaka's HoSo special is now available as a download from Fushigi na Niwa & Bulbagarden in the FnN IRC channel on Rizon. This episode is raw and unsubbed. A subbed version may be made later, due to the fact this episode is considered unlicensed.

That Scary Clefairy
21st September 2004, 09:47 PM
Hey Archaic, On your site Bulbagarden.net, on one of the topic you said their a character your not going to spoil when talking on the topic about the new hoso episode. Just wondering, did you ment that character is the guy with the chikorita on his shoulder? If you are i can see why you said that. I hope i know who it is and disprove Dogusa on it.

Hanada Tattsu
21st September 2004, 10:33 PM
Clefairy, I don't get what you're saying. Are you asking us or Archaic?

Archaic
21st September 2004, 11:29 PM
Yes Clefairy, that's him. I don't know anything Dogasu's said that'd contract this, but I do know it firmly ends an old Shippers debate about a certain character name.

Hanada Tattsu
22nd September 2004, 11:13 AM
So it was only for Archaic? :o

Oh, I think I know what this is about...

Blackjack Gabbiani
22nd September 2004, 02:05 PM
Yes Clefairy, that's him. I don't know anything Dogasu's said that'd contract this, but I do know it firmly ends an old Shippers debate about a certain character name.

Pardon? Shippers debate about a *name*? In the Ritchie HoSo?

Hanada Tattsu
22nd September 2004, 06:12 PM
So does this come before or after the Charizard special?

Archaic
22nd September 2004, 09:45 PM
Yup. To say it without spoiling too much for non-shippers, back in the days of the TPM Shipping Forum, (2nd generation of TPM Shipping anyway), there was a little debate over the classification of some ships on my list. One character was apparently known by two different names in Japan, in different series. That character had never appeared in the anime however, so people were wondering just what we should call this guy. Now, while that character is not in this episode, a character using one of the two names is in this episode, which kind of ends that arguement. Oddly enough actually, IIRC, in the original debate, we'd settled on the other way around, though I was hardly happy with it.

That Scary Clefairy
22nd September 2004, 10:44 PM

I thought something was fishy about him. But it might be who i think he is or maybe not but You, Archaic, kinda help bring my supicion of that guy further.
BTW how you know who he is? Did the trailer actually say who he is?

Archaic
23rd September 2004, 12:20 AM
Yes, the trailer gave his name. Which is the name in question from above. If Ketsuban had been right at that time, a different character should have that, rather distinctive, name.

Blackjack Gabbiani
23rd September 2004, 06:33 PM
I'm lost. Can you be more specific? At least tell us what the guy in the HoSo's name is--I can't really hear it (the sound levels are ok, it's just my bad hearing)

Archaic
23rd September 2004, 10:06 PM
PMed to avoid unnecessary spoilers.

Hanada Tattsu
24th September 2004, 09:14 AM
Can anyone answer my question please?

Is this aired after or before the Charizard special we were told about in another thread? Thanks.

Blackjack Gabbiani
24th September 2004, 02:53 PM
Archie--why is that a spoiler?

And he *did* appear on the show, very briefly. We saw him trounce someone, then it cut to his own defeat. All in the span of about 15 seconds.

That Scary Clefairy
24th September 2004, 04:02 PM
Can anyone answer my question please?

Is this aired after or before the Charizard special we were told about in another thread? Thanks.

sure, it air after because this one airs tuesday coming up and the charizard one just came out tuesday 9/21.

Hanada Tattsu
24th September 2004, 07:30 PM
I see. Okay, thanks for answering! =)