PDA

View Full Version : Brock's acquisition... *spoilers*

JazzJazz
13th February 2003, 08:22 PM
Looking around the Pallette message boards I read that Brock does indeed get Lotad in the latest episode (as was quite apparent from the show's opening). I'm unsure of the circumstances of his capture until someone with more skill can translate and interpret the summaries...

Hanada Tattsu
13th February 2003, 08:30 PM
Yay! I knew he would get Lotad!

I'm glad Brock's mom handed over the baton to her son, because Brock is now a water trainer like Misty was!

I hope he uses Lotad a lot, and I hope it evolves!

Yay! :)

Osiris
13th February 2003, 09:14 PM
Well, Lotad Will Evolve soon, cos if you see the 6º Movie Poster of the Mini Movie you can see Lotad's evolution in it! :yes:

pokefreak04
13th February 2003, 10:22 PM
Cool! Brock's a water trainer now? Now we have a half-Misty kinda thing going on, the only things missing are the mallet, her firey temper, and a female body! <PERVERT ALERT LMAO!!!!>

Hanada Tattsu
13th February 2003, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Osiris
Well, Lotad Will Evolve soon, cos if you see the 6º Movie Poster of the Mini Movie you can see Lotad's evolution in it! :yes:

Thanks for telling me, Osiris!

I think Brock's Hasuboo will kind of be like his Vulpix in the Kanto season. I think he'll be all nice to it! :)

Fett One
13th February 2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
At least I hope he will. There is a ray of bad news, though. Brock's Forretress will be left in the dust.

If you don't mind me asking, what reason could Brock possibly have for giving up forretress?

Hanada Tattsu
13th February 2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Fett One
If you don't mind me asking, what reason could Brock possibly have for giving up forretress?

Fett One, I don't know, because the idea has not even been proposed in Japan yet.

I am just stating that due to past experiences, Brock will most likely give up Forretress because it is an old G/S/C Pokemon.

Rei_Zero
14th February 2003, 12:05 AM
You guys are trying to predict the unpredictable. Where talking about the same suprising writer who suprised you with the end of Johto Tattsu. You just can't guess these things unless you got better hints other than I predict cause this happened before.

Hanada Tattsu
14th February 2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Rei_Zero
You guys are trying to predict the unpredictable. Where talking about the same suprising writer who suprised you with the end of Johto Tattsu. You just can't guess these things unless you got better hints other than I predict cause this happened before.

I know, I'm just predicting. I know Advance is a whole lot different.

Ashi-chan
14th February 2003, 12:32 AM
Hmm...Takeshi as a water Pokemon trainer... Can't quite invison it yet...

But hey, I guess it could work.

AKA Pokemon Fan
14th February 2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
Yay! I knew he would get Lotad!

I'm glad Brock's mom handed over the baton to her son, because Brock is now a water trainer like Misty was!

I hope he uses Lotad a lot, and I hope it evolves!

Yay! :)
Well its quite premature to say Brock has become a Water Pokemon trainer. After all, even though his gym specializes in Rock types Brock himself, wanting to be a breeder, has never said he is a Rock trainer. I mean he only has two Rock types, plus a Fire type (now gone), a Poison/Flying type and a Bug/Steel type. Now he'll have a Bug/Steel type, a Water/Ground type, and a Grass/Water type. Where people get the idea that he just likes Rock types really illudes me...

And by the way, what do you mean with the "same suprising writer whos suprised you with the end of Jouto" stuff. I was not at this board at the end of Jouto. In fact, I joined this board again during the early Advance episodes.
Well I think what was meant was that despite what many people expected, Ash *SPOILERS* did not win the Johto League, did not become a Master, the series did not end, and Misty left the main group, among other things.

Hanada Tattsu
14th February 2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by AKA Pokemon Fan
Well its quite premature to say Brock has become a Water Pokemon trainer. After all, even though his gym specializes in Rock types Brock himself, wanting to be a breeder, has never said he is a Rock trainer. I mean he only has two Rock types, plus a Fire type (now gone), a Poison/Flying type and a Bug/Steel type. Now he'll have a Bug/Steel type, a Water/Ground type, and a Grass/Water type. Where people get the idea that he just likes Rock types really illudes me...

Actually, it was stated in the Hoso special about Brock that he wanted to take up water Pokemon training like his mom, since it was revealed that she loved training water types. Also, I never said that Brock was a rock trainer, I merely said that he was going to start training water types. Thus, another reason for me to believe that Forretress might leave.

Rei_Zero
14th February 2003, 01:22 AM
Misty kept togepi. It isn't water. Moe (won't know her unless you read spoiler, BTW *SPOILERS*) has electabuzz when she is a fire trainer.

Hanada Tattsu
14th February 2003, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Rei_Zero
Misty kept togepi. It isn't water. Moe (won't know her unless you read spoiler, BTW *SPOILERS*) has electabuzz when she is a fire trainer.

How many times did Misty battle with Togepi? Answer that. And don't count the Metronome or the battle against Pikachu, because those were not actually battles. Misty just wanted to conjure Pikachu to not attack.

Misty is just using her Togepi as her pet. She never uses it to battle.

Anyway, let's stop arguing, this post is about Brock getting Lotad, not about wether Brock is a water trainer or not.

T M Pikachu
15th February 2003, 12:42 AM
So Brock gets the Lilypad thing. Hmm. I hope his Forrestress doesn't leave. If its does I hope he sends it back to Pewter. Err... so he gets Lotad before he gets Mudkip surprisingly. Brock is on to water types. It's still going to take a lot of getting use to. Its always been. Ash all types. Brock was rock/ground. Misty was water. Now the balance is all mixed up. ERRR! On well. At least Brock got a new Pokemon. THat am glad about.

Venasaur89
15th February 2003, 09:33 AM
Can u plz give the url of Pallete Message Boards, or just the website? Becuase I am looking for the website and can't find it.

Thanx