PDA

View Full Version : Transformation Cave

Dark Eevolution
16th September 2004, 09:41 PM
Alright, near island six is an EMPTY island, with nothing but zubats (and
a walkthrough stated that they hacked the game and found more pokemon there)
What's up with that? Is there anyway to make those pokemon appear?
And there's also a part of the cave to the right that looks like where you'd find
a legendary standing there, like how mewtwo's looks like where he's standing
back in the unknown dungeon. Some people say that the cave looks like mew
do you think that nintendo was planning on putting mew in fr/lg, but screwed up
in coding or something? or that there's something else that's there that we can't
see.

Orion
16th September 2004, 09:59 PM
As far as I know, when you use Mystery Gift with another person, the Pokémon you'll find in the cave will change. Not totally sure on it, though...

And well, I think they messed up in something, as you said. It can't have Mew's shape for nothing. Apart that Mew can learn Transform, and goes with the name, but Ditto does too, and is the Transforming Pokémon... who knows.

WingullTrainer
16th September 2004, 10:00 PM
well, you're supposed to activate the mystery gift function, by filling out the questionaire in any pokemart- (link together with all) I've done it, but I think You actually have to trade mystrery gifts to really get things going- problem is- i don't know how to work the wireless adapters....

Dark Eevolution
16th September 2004, 10:34 PM
Well, that's true, mew can learn transform, my old one from blue version learned it
*hugs him* too bad I can't just trade him to fire red >< Maybe mew is one of the pokemon
that will show up with lots and lots of mystery gifting

Chris 2.1
17th September 2004, 11:54 AM
Transformation Cave is called Altering Cave in the English Version. By using hotspots (like for example, there is one at the NY Pokemon Center), you can mystery gift to recieve stuff. MG-ing changes the Pokemon found in Transformation Cave.

Besides, all the Pokemon in Altering Cave are found in Emerald's Safari Zone. After defeating the E4 In Emerald, two new areas are opened up, full of GSC Pokemon, including Miltank, Pineco, Shuckle (Via Rock Smash), Remoraid via Super/Good rod and many more, like Mareep.

There's also a thread regarding Mew's legal capture somewhere here. It's Level 30 and found on a new Island after a particularly childish game of hide and seek...

andyizcool
17th September 2004, 01:45 PM
Besides, all the Pokemon in Altering Cave are found in Emerald's Safari Zone. After defeating the E4 In Emerald, two new areas are opened up, full of GSC Pokemon, including Miltank, Pineco, Shuckle (Via Rock Smash), Remoraid via Super/Good rod and many more, like Mareep.
Once I found that out I just thought how pointless buying Pokemon Colosseum was because I hate the game. Then again Nintendo have only put the GSC Starter Pokemon in Pokemon Colosseum so you're going to need it to try and get all 386 Pokemon.

Chris 2.1
17th September 2004, 02:43 PM
I think once Nintendo realised Colloseum wasn't particularly favoured by fans, they tried to ensure all 386 Pokemon could be caught without it. There is a Lv 40 Sudowoodo on Battle Frontier, and a small shortcut at BF (called Studio Cave) houses wild Smeargle at about level 40.

Now in the Dessert Underground Tunnel, you can also find Wild Ditto. Both Fossils are also available!

Dark Eevolution
17th September 2004, 05:25 PM
Battle Frontier, aint that like the new battle tower thingy in fire red/leaf green? Haven't
gone into it yet, been on the island, but didn't go in there. And where's the Dessert
Underground Tunnel? Unless all this is in emerald...

Silent Dragonfly
17th September 2004, 05:30 PM
Battle Frontier is a battle theme park built around the existing battle tower in Emerald only.
Desert Tunnel continues on (after E4) from where that guy is digging, at the house west of fortree. At the end is the fossil you didnt pick at illusion tower.

You are thinking of Trainer Tower on Six Island, and theres another one of those North of Mauvill in Emerald too.

Chris 2.1
17th September 2004, 05:38 PM
Yea, I'm reffering to Emerald before.

andyizcool
17th September 2004, 05:49 PM
Desert Tunnel continues on (after E4) from where that guy is digging, at the house west of fortree.
Wasn't he digging a Tunnal West of Fallarbor Town in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire?

You are thinking of Trainer Tower on Six Island, and theres another one of those North of Mauvill in Emerald too.
"Six Island", that makes no sense if you read it over and over so it's an English error. Now Island 6 or Island Six would make sense or the name it really has.

Chris 2.1
17th September 2004, 06:05 PM
Yea, why is it called 'Six Island'? Are you telling me this is a grammatical error NOBODY NOTICED?

For anyone:

This (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=30698&page=1&pp=15) is a thread I made a while ago, where we did some theorising about Altering Cave. In fact, we thought that perhaps there were new areas of the Safari Zone (maybe acessable by a new bike) which led to GSC Pokemon. Huzzah.

Silent Dragonfly
17th September 2004, 06:35 PM
Wasn't he digging a Tunnal West of Fallarbor Town in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire?

"Six Island", that makes no sense if you read it over and over so it's an English error. Now Island 6 or Island Six would make sense or the name it really has.

Yes, the tuneel is west of Fallabor, but apparently it's called desert tuneel, theres a sandy area at the end.

The Island is called is actually Six Island, rather than Island Six

andyizcool
17th September 2004, 06:41 PM
The Island is called is actually Six Island, rather than Island Six
Wow let's all visit One/Two/Three/Four/Five/Six/Seven Island. I was being sarcastic to try and get my point across to everyone. It makes no sense so maybe the translators sort of messed up when they translated the Island names on the USA Version.

Dark Eevolution
17th September 2004, 07:17 PM
doubt it, they probably meant to do that and didn't care, and I wanna visit islands
8 and 9. Me wanty doexys! :'(