PDA

View Full Version : Experience rate formulas

rinku
17th September 2004, 12:59 AM
I have the formulas for the four original experience rates, but not the two (or more?) that were introduced with R/S. Anyone know the proper formulas?

For the record, the old rates are:

"Fast" = 0.8*L^3
"Medium" = L^3
"Slow" = 1.25*L^3
"Parabolic" = 1.2*L^3 - 15L^2 + 100L - 140

One of the new rates starts faster than the old ones, but ends up slower than any of them (an example is Hariyama). The other starts slower but I'm not sure if it stays slow or not (example is Nincada).

Any help would be appreciated - I'd rather not level things up to L100 by rare candy to manually check it.

PKMN Master
17th September 2004, 12:14 PM
I think those two formulas have not been discovered/released yet. They are from "Erratic "and "Fluctuating" groups I think... erratic ends up with 600k and fluctuating with 1,500,000 or something like that... or soI have a list of those, but I can't seem to find it. There are Faqs about this, you should check them out.

rinku
19th September 2004, 06:35 PM
Oh well... I'll just have to have a crack at reverse engineering them myself. As it happened I had time to kill over the weekend and now have the numbers for L6-L100 for Nincada and L5-L100 for Hariyama. I'll graph 'em and see what likely formula is used then see if I can match the exact numbers.