PDA

View Full Version : What Are You Playing? 3: Revenge of Fall

Razola
17th September 2004, 01:39 AM
The old one has fallen to the wayside. This Fall is PACKED with games. Hell, these next two weeks are full of games I would love to own but am far to poor to do so at once. So, here's the latest iteration of our "What are you playing/gaming chat" thread.

PC
City of Heroes: Issue #2 gave us heroes a lot more to do. Badges let me go off and do stuff when I'm waiting on a team or Task Force to start. Good stuff.

Unreal Tournament 2004: Not playing it at this moment, but the game gets a free mini-expansion this coming week when the Editor's Choice Edition hits retail. Three new vehicles means fun for Onslaught. And a SLEW of choice mods are getting juicy patches for Phase Four of the Nvidia mod contest. Alien Swarm 1.2 is sexy.

X-Box
Fable: I love this game. Just thinking about next character reminds me how DIFFERENT each character and play experience can be.

Gamecube
Pikmin 2: I need to polish off the single-player mode (paid off the debt, just getting all the treasures, but it's on hold for Fable. I'm going to be playing a lot of battle mode this weekend though.

Game Boy Advance
Mario Golf: Advance Tour: The recent drought in must-buy GBA games has me a bit sadden, yet relieved since this month is turning out to be so damned expensive. I recently pull this sucker out to get a few more hidden characters. Multiplayer is also enjoyable since you can just pass one GBA around rather than deal with Link Cables. Good stuff during a movie (and not nearly as frustrating as the good, but not as good Cube version).

Pichu
17th September 2004, 09:49 AM
I actually bought and playing Pkmn FR and that's the only thing I play...

I also play that Shattered Galaxy thing that was posted in the Online Game Sticky section for PC.

Last Exile
17th September 2004, 10:25 AM
Pikmin 2 is on the list once it hits Australia.

I'm really hoping for The Legend of Zelda. All the info so far suggests even Final Fantasy may flee in terror once the real Link finally emerges.

I would be playing SOul Calibur II right now, except my mum confiscated my Cube for an indefinite period.

As for PC, usuals in Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne and Counter-Strike.

Red Angel
17th September 2004, 11:06 AM
Mainly just WC3TFT. I'm spending more time lurking message boards than playing games. I'm debating whether or not to spring for Fire Red/Leaf Green

mvtm
17th September 2004, 12:27 PM
hmm PC i havent played in a long long time ... last one was Need For Speed Underground (Dont laugh , rolf).GBA i have one but i have 1 year and a half that i dont purchase any game ... last one i played was Metroid Fusion. PS2 and XBOX i dont have any of these. As far as Gamecube my most recently is Pikmin 2

kainashi
17th September 2004, 12:49 PM
for pc, i am getting back into playing call of duty. can't be too rusty now that the expansion pack is out. :D

for gamecube, i am playing madden 2005 still. that's about it. can't beat pc gaming. :)

MetalScyther
17th September 2004, 03:39 PM
Haven't been gaming as much as I usually do, but I'm still playing quite a bit. I can't really afford to buy many new games, so mostly older games that I've borrowed from friends or found cheap.

Xbox

KOTOR - I'm hoping fable is like this, as in worth playing through more than once. I know for a fact I wanna play light side on my next game

PC

WC3 - I'm into a custom map called "Tides of Blood", I've been playing that a bit
Call of Duty - I play it whenever I can
Doom 3 - Pirated copies run better than normal ones :]

Haven't touched my PS2 in awhile. Haven't touched my GCN either.

PNT510
17th September 2004, 04:01 PM
PC - None
Gameboy Advanced - Pokemon Fire Red
Nintendo Gamecube - Pikmin 2, WWE: Day of Reckoning
Playstation 2 - Nothing, I will be playing Gradius V(sp) when I get the money
XBox - Burnout 3, Fable

It should be noted that these are all the games I have been playing recently, but I havent actually played anything other than Fable all week.

Gengachu
17th September 2004, 04:28 PM
N64 - WWF No Mercy, Conker's Bad Fur Day(replay), Banjo Tooie
GC - Resident Evil
GBC - Zelda 4 (Replay on the color version)
PC - Age of Empires 2
PS1 - Dino Crisis, Soul Reaver

Adz44
17th September 2004, 04:33 PM
At the moment, I'm playing Golden Sun on the GBA. Bought it last week off eBay. I'm impressed up to now.

I've also been playing Goldeneye on my recently purchased N64 (erm...I've never owned one until now and I wanted to play some of the 'classics'...I had played Goldeneye before, though, so I knew what to expect :D lol). Turok 2 came today. Just had quick go earlier, so I can't really judge it yet.

On the PC, the last game I played was Doom 3. Bit stuck, but I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually. I tried out a demo of Tribes: Vengeance the other day. Wasn't bad.

ryandude713
17th September 2004, 04:45 PM
im playing Burnout 3 and Street Fighter Anniversary for the PS2 and City of Heroes for the Pc

Animelee
17th September 2004, 04:47 PM
I'm basically alternating between Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon LeafGreen -- trading over all my Ruby and Colosseum Pokémon to LeafGreen.

I'm also playing Animal Crossing a little bit everyday -- tending to my town, re-arranging all the trees in the towns of Kanto and Johto, tending to the islands of Hoenn and Orre, etc.

Other than that, I'm just planning to get Sonic Mega Collection, Metroid Prime, and Mario Kart Double Dash!! in the following weeks. Horray for Players Choice!

bme
18th September 2004, 03:36 AM
Recently i've been playing Smash Bros Melee. I like that game. A lot. 8)

TheParadox
19th September 2004, 07:53 AM
Donkey Konga on GC and Halo multiplayer on PC

Craig
19th September 2004, 12:49 PM
I've been playing Call of Duty: United Offensive lately

I rented Pikmin 2 :love: and am considering purchasing it...probably after I get around to actually finishing 100% the original pikmin game, though.

Mew2-formally known as Evee67-
19th September 2004, 01:49 PM
GC-none

PS2-Fire-Pro Wrestling Z

Xbox-Fable

PNT510
19th September 2004, 03:24 PM
Fire Pro Wrestling Z. Oh how I wish spike made games in the US :(

phaedrus
19th September 2004, 09:56 PM
all i'm playing is d2lod.

Razola
29th September 2004, 01:56 AM
Well, my life is now consumed by Burnout 3.

Metallix
2nd October 2004, 06:46 PM
OutRun2 for me at the moment.

PNT510
2nd October 2004, 09:31 PM
X-Men legends is such a yummy game.

Razola
3rd October 2004, 12:32 AM
X-Men legends is such a yummy game.
Indeed!

Drago
3rd October 2004, 06:38 AM
GC: Animal Crossing... I actually like the methodology I've got going here, I miss holidays so that I'll have more to do next year. Great justification. Actually, I just happen to forget, and end up playing about a day late. I think I've only ever made it to three special events, as well as two morning aerobic sessions. The world seems just that much more bizarre at 6 am.
PS2: Dead or Alive 2... Whee-ha, nothing like playing the game I got with my PS2... Just working on tag methodology, the mode would have a lot more lastability if tag moves weren't so damned easy. That, and whittling away matches to unlock more costumes. Perversion ++
GB: Pokemon Blue... Play your fancy Fire and Leaf all you want. I save money this way.
GBA: Sonic Battle... Unlocking new moves when you've hit 70% absolutely sucks. I'm sick of getting Tails Run. Tails has run enough!!
N64: Perfect Dark... Progressing through multiplayer deathmatches, as well as challenges again. I had forgotten just how much the game suffers from slowdown.
SNES: Donkey Kong Country... stupid hidden caves. I passed the game in about two hours, but now have 12+ hours spent headbutting walls with Rambi. And I'm still only in 60%. Perhaps I shouldn't have restarted...
Genesis: Toejam & Earl 2... would be playing the original, but I find the sequel gives a better single-player experience. Playing TJ&E without a second player gets to be a lonely experience...

whistler
3rd October 2004, 08:02 AM
pc: sims2 and rome: total war
gba(emu): pokemon leaf green

Musourenka
3rd October 2004, 09:56 AM
Just two for me right now...

Ragnarok Online, and the GC version of Mega Man X: Command Mission.

Mag Launcher
6th October 2004, 03:02 AM
GameCube
Tales of Symphonia. Those who have it know it's greatness. ;)

PS2
I'm playing through the .hack series again. And THPS3 from time to time. (Yeah, I'm a bit behind. :P)

GBA
Pokemon Leaf Green. I heard the second round of the Elite 4 was tough, but...wow.

Crazy
6th October 2004, 06:03 AM
Gamecube:Metal Arms:Glitch in the System. This game rocks and tis quite fun.

Xbox:Morrowind,NHL2K5. Yet again fun games.

Razola
6th October 2004, 02:08 PM
Updated...AGAIN:

PC
City of Heroes - Renewed interest.

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - It's like the marriage of Warcraft 3 and Starcraft. Very cool.

Gamecube
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - So much better than the first. RAAWWWWK.

Game Boy Advance
Mari & Luigi: Superstar Saga - Mario RPGs are always good times.

X-Box
Burnout 3: Takedown - Arcade sex.

Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusades - Haven't played it yet (Paper Mario), but sounds good.

Heald
23rd October 2004, 10:31 AM
PC: Civ 3 - 1605 and I hold the world at seige - anyone who falls out of like will be ICBMed into oblivion.

PS2: Pro Evolution Soccer 3 - Gotta get ready for Pro Evo 4.

Red Angel
23rd October 2004, 12:47 PM
Update:

PC: Yup, still Warcraft III TFT. Although Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War looks nifty, my PC can't run it. Shame.

GBA: Playing more Advance Wars 2. Go me.

PNT510
23rd October 2004, 01:25 PM
I haven't played many games in the last week, but I have played a little bit or Mortal Kombat: Deception, WWE: Day of Reckoning, and Pokemon: Fire Red.

ryandude713
23rd October 2004, 03:31 PM
KATAMARI DAMACY!

kainashi
23rd October 2004, 05:13 PM
pc: call of duty: united offensive

gcn: madden 2005, i guess?

mostly pc gaming. :yes:

Moonlight Espeon
23rd October 2004, 09:50 PM
Mostly playing FFX and FFX-2 all over again.. You're looking at such a fanatic it's unhealthy..

Adz44
24th October 2004, 08:54 AM
After my other hard drive died about 3 weeks ago, I've started Doom 3 again. It's not really proving to be a job going through it again. Maybe it's because I'm playing in the dark with headphones right from the start this time...

Anyway, no need to say what I'll be playing on Friday and probably for quite a while afterwards. Of course, most of you will have the pleasure on Tuesday. A game, made in Britain, is going to be released over in the 'States first...no justice...no justice whatsoever...lol

Heald
24th October 2004, 08:57 AM
Of course, most of you will have the pleasure on Tuesday. A game, made in Britain, is going to be released over in the 'States first...no justice...no justice whatsoever...lolActually, it is made by a British company in the States...plus since the British are much better gamers than the US, they need more time to complete it...I think three days isn't a big enough head start, try a few weeks :D

Gengachu
24th October 2004, 09:59 AM
PC
Silent Hill 2

N64
WWF No Mercy
NFL Blitz 2000
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Banjo Tooie

GCN
Resident Evil

PS1
Soul Reaver
Dino Crisis

Razola
24th October 2004, 10:19 AM
Actually, it is made by a British company in the States...plus since the British are much better gamers than the US, they need more time to complete it...I think three days isn't a big enough head start, try a few weeks :D
Absolute lies. We all know the fat Americans really get their game on, while you Brits do silly things like exercise and play sports.

MetalScyther
24th October 2004, 11:59 AM
PS2
- GTA:SA is preordered and is coming in 5-10 business days :( That is what I'll be spending my time on.

GCN
- Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

Xbox
- Fable from time to time, although it gets boring..

PC - UT2K4 is a AWESOME
- Friend gave me pirated copies of Warhammer 40K, United Offensive, Max Payne 2, but I haven't touched these games yet. I can't really handle more than two games at a time.

Heald
24th October 2004, 01:01 PM
Aye Raz, but the flaw in this is that your chubby fingers mash several buttons at once, resulting in mishaps such as throwing grenades at walls and the like.

ryandude713
24th October 2004, 05:06 PM
Aye Raz, but the flaw in this is that your chubby fingers mash several buttons at once, resulting in mishaps such as throwing grenades at walls and the like.

but thats why we're so good at fighting games
all the fun of button mashing with less effort
and special moves are easier cuz our fingers cover 2 buttons at a time
im not seeing a down side to this

Heald
25th October 2004, 06:22 AM
Ack, I got it wrong. GTA:SA is actually being developed in Scotland.

Woo! Go Scottish brethren!

Toxicity
25th October 2004, 07:15 AM
Recently, I've been playing Mario Party 2 and Pokemon Stadium 2 on my N64. Also using Gold alongside Stadium 2 considering the fact my GBASP was taken until my grades "get much better". (C'mon mom, it was only one B-)

Razola
25th October 2004, 10:58 AM
Ack, I got it wrong. GTA:SA is actually being developed in Scotland.

Woo! Go Scottish brethren!
Is it just me, or does anyone else find it scary that a Scottish Developer is working on a game about the black gangsta life which takes place in a fictional California?

Adz44
25th October 2004, 02:29 PM
British Developers + American Content = One heck of a great game. Does that settle the argument? lol

SWAMPERT1
4th November 2004, 10:26 PM
UPDATE...

GBA- FireRed (havnt [play it much though)

GCN- Soon to be Paper Mario 2

PC- Soon to be NFSU 2 :drool:

Razola
5th November 2004, 05:28 AM
World of Warcraft...it isn't just the game I'm playing, it's ALL I'm doing. The past three days I have spent at least 8-12 hours on WoW.

PNT510
5th November 2004, 08:27 AM
PS2 - WWE: Smackdown vs. Raw, GTA:SA, Katamary Damacy
GCN - Paper Mario 2
XBox - Midway Arcade Treasures 2

Reality
5th November 2004, 11:20 AM
Mainly Winning Eleven 8.....patched =]

It's Pro Evo...I don't know which one. THERE ARE TOO MANY lolz.

I want to get Pokemon though.

Adz44
5th November 2004, 01:21 PM
The only game I'm playing at the moment is GTA: San Andreas. I'm really enjoying it. The storyline is great and most of the missions are challenging, but fair.

I've also started a game of Football Manager 2005 (my youngest brother got it yesterday). I'm manager of Everton, as usual. Not sure how often I'll play it, as it isn't my priority at the moment.

HawkerXatu
5th November 2004, 05:59 PM
Right now, I'm playing Katamari Damacy for the ps2. I've already beaten it, now I just need to unlock the extra stuff. It so simple and fun, not to mention hilarious.
On my pc, I'm playing FFXI(well, was. I'm having payment problems with my account. They closed it because I "owed" them the last monthly fee.Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.)

The Blue Avenger
7th November 2004, 01:43 PM
GC: Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. This game rocks out loud. If you don't have it, get it then come back so I can berate you for not having it earlier.

GBA: The Sims and Mario & Luigi (again). For when I'm not playing PM.

Craig
7th November 2004, 02:38 PM
grand theft auto, and world of warcraft 8)

both supreme games, of supremeness.

Kyl3
7th November 2004, 04:27 PM
PC: Doom 3, Call of Duty, and United Offense, Vice City, and The Sims 2

GCN: not much
Xbox: not much
GBA: some old games, but not much..

I've really been into PC gaming lately.