PDA

View Full Version : Am I insane? Something to do with Legendary Birds

Ultimate Pikachu
17th September 2004, 08:10 PM
I'm going to try to get an Articuno with a good nature, Zapdos with good nature and HP Ice, and Moltres with good nature and maybe HP Grass. Is there a moveset for Zapdos and Moltres without Hidden Power that's decent. I'm about to train for Articuno. Should I paralyze it or put it to sleep?

andyizcool
17th September 2004, 08:25 PM
Should I paralyze it or put it to sleep?
Sleep always works better than Paralyzise if you're trying to catch a Pokemon. Moltres is a pretty bad Pokemon overall but Zapdos could work without using Hidden Power.

Zapdos@Leftovers/Chesto Berry
Drill Peck
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Light Screen/Rest

Dark Eevolution
18th September 2004, 09:36 AM
Moltres is pritty easy to catch, or at least he was for me, then articuno is like at medium
to catch, then zapdos is the hardest for some reason. I'd recommend with zapdos you
try to get his hps a little lower than you did with the others. And use a great ball instead
of ultra, for some reason ultra balls aren't as good as they should be.

Cyber Dragon
18th September 2004, 09:53 AM
Maybe you were just lucky with great balls.

I'm also trying to catch Articuno right now, but I HATE battling it with its stupid Pressure ability. It makes my sleep-inducing movies go to 0 pp almost immediately, then I have to waste my ethers.

Yeah, sleep is always better. It's impossible to catch them if they're paralyzed, I think.

Ultimate Pikachu
18th September 2004, 10:32 AM
Should I catch Articuno and Zapdos before or after the islands?

Poryhedron
18th September 2004, 11:44 AM
Yeah, sleep is always better. It's impossible to catch them if they're paralyzed, I think.
Actually, they're easier to catch when they're paralyzed than when they're healthy. But they're even easier than that when they're asleep, and when it comes to catching legendaries every little bit counts. Long Live the Spore Swiper! :nod:

Ultimate Pikachu
18th September 2004, 10:48 PM
I kind of got lucky with the natures. Articuno was Docile, Zapdos was Modest, and Moltres was Docile. Still thinking of a Moltres set. Maybe this.

Moltres@Lum Berry/Chesto Berry
Docile
168 Attack, 172 Speed, 168 Special Attack
Flamethrower
Aerial Ace
Roar/Agility
Toxic/Rest

But I don't like mixed sweepers...

IcyLapras
19th September 2004, 01:15 AM
hEHE... after tossing many balls i got Zapdos w/ a pokeball...lucky

andyizcool
19th September 2004, 04:02 AM
Moltres@Lum Berry/Chesto Berry
Docile
168 Attack, 172 Speed, 168 Special Attack
Flamethrower
Aerial Ace
Roar/Agility
Toxic/Rest

But I don't like mixed sweepers...
Moltres@Leftovers/Petaya Berry/Salac Berry/Lum Berry
Toxic
Fire Blast
HP Special
Sunny Day

You could use this Moveset and HP Special can be any Special Type Hidden Power expect Fire or Water.