PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Items using Itemfinder

Cyber Dragon
18th September 2004, 08:14 AM
I've have my itemfinder registered on my select button the entire time I first received it. I've gotten a lot of things... o_O;;;

I LOVE ITEMFINDER! It made my first bout with the Elite Four so easy. I had so many elixirs I didn't have to worry about running out of pp, so my lvl 70something Raichu totally dominated 'em, along with this Victreebel I had.

about... 8 or so rare candies
a couple of vitamins
lots of pp-ups and one pp max
evolution stones...
those rare pp-restoration items... (oh why can't those be buyable?)
... etc.

Is there any source that can tell me every single location of these hidden itemfinder items? It'd be nice to find it all... especially those really "rare" hidden spots that aren't completely obvious, like when you stand over Giovanni's spot in the Viridian Gym, and use itemfinder, there is some kind of animation that involves stars, and it picks up the macho brace. Or when you pick up soothe bell at Pokemon tower. Or this place that I got the PP Max from... totally forgot where it was but I think it was on Four Island.

drgntamer
25th September 2004, 11:58 AM
the GameFaq written by RAMS at the end has a section on the hidden item finder items.... but i think its only ones with the special items(like... uh... Macho Brace + Giovanni)

basically, Mr. Fuji gives you a Shell Bell, Giovanni give you a Macho Brace, Ho-oh gives you a Sacred Ash, and the Snorlax some Leftovers(both of them)

I would really like to know where some of those Rare Candies are.... They could be SOO useful to check IVs

WingullTrainer
25th September 2004, 01:10 PM
Does it work automatically if you use select? i tried using it on treasure beach, and got nothing....

Pichu
25th September 2004, 11:02 PM
... maybe you already picked up the items already! =p

If I remember correctly, there are two items on treasure beach... one is a ultra ball, and I forgot what the other thing is. :x

PP ups are buyable, but you need friends I think. In Cerulean city, if you play that berry crush (with your friends), you get enough berry powder, and then you can go to that one house that gives you the powder jar. And you can buy PP-ups from there. (but I never tried it myself, so I maybe wrong :x)

CerebralSocko
26th September 2004, 01:12 PM
Not sure if it's been posted before, but a Leftovers can be found under each Snorlax.

..hrm, question: where can one find a Shell Bell or two in Leaf Green/Fire Red? I've already traded over a couple from Ruby, and am hoping the item is obtainable in my Leaf Green...

Poryhedron
26th September 2004, 03:53 PM
If I remember correctly, there are two items on treasure beach... one is a ultra ball, and I forgot what the other thing is. :x
I found four items on Treasure Beach...at least. I'm pretty sure it was four, but it may have been five or six. There was at least one Pearl, possibly two...

Cyber Dragon
26th September 2004, 06:29 PM
Rare candies are in the most random places, I can't remember where I found most of them. The last rare candy I found was near the south entrance to Saffron City on Route 6. On the right ledge, use an itemfinder - there's a rare candy over there. So far I've found a total of 10 (most of 'em were from itemfinders)

It costs 3,000 "powders" for one PP up, and most of the obtainable berries have a "max powder" of about 20, 30, 50, or 70. It's probably easily obtainable if you actually have friends that play FR/LG, but I play in secrecy. :what:

Pichu
26th September 2004, 07:34 PM
There's another rare candy I found yesterday while cycling down the Cycle Path (from Celadon to Fuchsia City) ... and a PP up is there too.

Poryhedron
26th September 2004, 11:47 PM
By the way, just thought I'd throw this out there...Rare Candies and PP Ups can be found with Pickup. They're not as common as the wide assortment of Berries that FRLG's version of Pickup produces, but cart around a Meowth for long enough and you'll get them.

Xenesis
27th September 2004, 11:01 AM
Heh, I just found something interesting.

Go to Giovanni's room in the Game Corner hideout. Use the itemfinder. There's a nest and net ball between the plants on either side.

Also, theres a PP up in the bottom right potplant in the group of 6 on the first floor.

It also finds the loose game corner coins. Holy crap, there's a lot of them. O.o

I found 310 game corner coins in total on the ground. Not bad. *Goes and buys Abra*

andyizcool
27th September 2004, 11:42 AM
I found 310 game corner coins in total on the ground. Not bad. *Goes and buys Abra*
In the Original Pokemon RBY I remember I kept pressing A as I walked around the Game Corner because there were lots of Coins on the floor. The Itemfinder is a great Key Item and I plan on searching areas after I've played Pokemon FR/LG and start getting bored.

drgntamer
27th September 2004, 09:07 PM
I started using it to waste time while trying to hatch a female omanyte..... I have like five guys so far...... :grumble:

lol

Cyber Dragon
2nd October 2004, 02:45 AM
I'm cartin' around my Meowth... I need to get the Hidden Power TM. Thanks to all the rare candies I've found I can get to know a pokemon's IV's easily! My new Zapdos can supposedly learn HP Ice (yay!!!) or Dragon (boo)... at base power 48 (ick... but who cares, its S.Atk IV is 31, with a *modest* personality).

You can get COINS on the floor too?? *searches Game Corner*

I found a few more things on Cycling road... there's a Max Elixir, I think, at the last ledge of Cycling road. As of now, I'm scouting through Cerulean Cave... haven't found anything, though.

Xenesis
2nd October 2004, 07:30 AM
There's also a max revive about 3/4 of the way down the cycling road on the left side.

Hurrah for itemfinder!