PDA

View Full Version : The return of Elemental Punches

Ultimate Pikachu
18th September 2004, 09:40 AM
Now that the elemental punches are back, how would things change?

andyizcool
18th September 2004, 09:54 AM
Maybe Typhlosion would use some of those Elemental Punchs that he had on Pokemon GSC so he could make use of his high Special Attack. I'm not sure what other Pokemon would benefit from those Elemental Punchs as of yet but I'm sure they might create some new Standards.

Cyber Dragon
18th September 2004, 09:56 AM
I don't think the change would be anything drastic, but it'd give some pokemon advantages...

Xenesis
19th September 2004, 01:28 AM
Yeehaa!

Return of Flamethrower/Thunderpunch/HP-Ice Typhlosion!

:D

Misdreavus
19th September 2004, 01:37 AM
Wait... how do you get F/I/T Punch in this game? Is it from a move tutor somewhere?

Xenesis
19th September 2004, 01:41 AM
Emerald has elemental punch move tutors.

andyizcool
19th September 2004, 03:54 AM
Yeehaa!

Return of Flamethrower/Thunderpunch/HP-Ice Typhlosion!

:D
Why not Ice Punch instead of HP Ice? Ice Punch has 5 more Base Power than Hidden Power at its maximum. Ice Punch also has the 10% freeze chance. Ice Punch will be much easier to get than HP Ice that has a decent Base Power.

Chris 2.1
19th September 2004, 06:08 AM
I don't think Typhlosion can learn Ice Punch....

Xenesis
19th September 2004, 07:31 AM
Yeah, what Brit Chris said. Otherwise, I would suggest Ice Punch.

Then again, Emerald won't hit Aussie shores for quite a while. I might not even bother getting it. Looks funky though.

SWAMPERT1
19th September 2004, 11:57 AM
Alakazam will be able to have the punchs again.

andyizcool
19th September 2004, 12:05 PM
Alakazam will be able to have the punchs again.
He's always been able to have them but having them but Move Tutors is just easier than by breeding. You could keep catching Pokemon in the wild for the right Nature and IVs but hatching Eggs just takes longer.

You guys are right when you said Typhlosion doesn't get Ice Punch. You never know they might add it onto him in Pokemon Emerald.

Iveechan
19th September 2004, 12:34 PM
Ya'll are forgetting Ampharos. Who would end up having an almost identical moveset to Typhlosion. Other than those two and not having to breed annoying, I just see the element punches as a welcome return and won't change the way Pokemon battle too drastically (like having swords dance and rockslide readily available did).

*Drools over fire punch Gengar*

Ultimate Pikachu
29th September 2004, 03:44 PM
Some new Pokémon have the ability to use elemental punches. Gardevoir and Grumpig get it, and this might change their standards.

Chris 2.1
29th September 2004, 03:49 PM
Cacturne can get Thunderpunch...could this maybe be used to help it against flying types?

andyizcool
29th September 2004, 03:53 PM
Some new Pokémon have the ability to use elemental punches. Gardevoir and Grumpig get it, and this might change their standards.
Grumpig having Fire Punch will be much easier than trying to get a decent HP Fire. Even having Thunderpunch on Grumpig would be more powerful than using Shock Wave. Grumpig can be quite useful when you think about it and it can get Substitute without Pokemon FR/LG Move Tutors.

DarkestLight
29th September 2004, 04:27 PM
Cacturne with T-punch does help it. Alot. Now I friggin' need emerald >>

It's still going to get ripped a new one, but giving it
Substitute
Teeter/Leech Seed
T-Punch
Toxic

Will give it some severe lastability, better than most anything else it can get.

Mr.E
29th September 2004, 11:29 PM
Gengar with Ice Punch, oh yeah. 8)

'Zam can now get elemental punches WITH other breedable moves.

Chris 2.1
30th September 2004, 02:53 PM
Both sceppy and Breloom can learn thunderpunch....t-punch on Breloom would surely help it against it's flying weakness...

Hariyama can learn all three, but I don't know of any Hari sets really, can't say I like the big bulk o crap that much.

Poryhedron
30th September 2004, 03:24 PM
t-punch on Breloom would surely help it against it's flying weakness...

I doubt it. Breloom's SAT is so despicable that I don't think even Thunderbolt would help it that much.

Sparkz
30th September 2004, 05:13 PM
It's good,I like the fact that we can get them again It's the return of my thunder punching Typhlosion and my Fire punching Ampharos XD and Hariyama with the elemental Punches is not good *points to sp attack*

rinku
30th September 2004, 05:54 PM
HP Rock is still a better option than Thunderpunch (if you can get it); on the other hand those Flying *types* that are part-Normal, Ice, Rock or Steel are OK for it to thump with a STAB Fighting attack. Crobat, Xatu and the Bug/Flying types are the problem.