PDA

View Full Version : [P] *Buzz!* *Fzzzzt!* *BOOM!!*

Yoh Asakura
19th September 2004, 09:38 AM
What's your favourite movie sound? (Excluding music)

I quite like the sound of a light sabre booting up.

Kris
19th September 2004, 04:27 PM
I love the silence in films, you always know something big is gonna happen afterwards.

O.K so it makes them predictable, but hey at least we feel in power then!

Pichu
19th September 2004, 06:36 PM
Sound of a pokéball. :)

SupremeChampion
19th September 2004, 07:06 PM
hmm... toughie... either the power-up of a light saber or the thwip of spider-man's webbing.

~The Italian Stallion

Agent Elrond
19th September 2004, 07:27 PM
I like the sound Sesshoumaru makes when he turns into a doggy. ^.^

Yarr. :pirate: :wave:

mr_pikachu
19th September 2004, 11:40 PM
I like the instrumental noises to show surprise, suspense, or upcoming action. You know, like the big "boom" when there's a shocking revelation. That's always a good one. 8)

fat man with a monkey
20th September 2004, 12:04 AM
I'm quite a big fan of the newtype "tingle noise." Mostly because in Mobile Suit Gundam: Encounters in Space (ps2), using newtype pilots has saved my ass a lot.

Music Dragon
20th September 2004, 06:36 AM
The BIG explosions! :yes:

RedStarWarrior
20th September 2004, 01:42 PM
I like the overused Jaws-esque music that signifies that the person is in a dangerous situation or that danger is approaching.

Tainted
20th September 2004, 03:34 PM
The "chi-chi-chi-pah-pah-pah" in Jason movies is quite humorous... You always know the poor black guy is getting an axe in the back when the "chi-chi-chi-pah-pah-pah" comes around.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Neo-Xantios
21st September 2004, 05:51 AM
In fantasy films, I like the channelling of energy or magic, the clang of swords, the whincing of arrows, and the deep roar of beasts.

The explosions are also pretty good to perceive.

Adz44
21st September 2004, 03:58 PM
I like the sound of an electronic door opening. The sound of the door that was used in Doom has been used in several films and cartoons. I just think it sounds cool. No idea why...

midnightangel
22nd September 2004, 04:48 AM
I like the sound of things blowing up...cars, buildings, whatever

The more frequent it happens, or the louder---the better :yes:

PS100
22nd September 2004, 06:19 PM
I don't like "movie sounds" that much... but my favorite TV sound is the "dum-dum-dun" on Law and Order. :what: Yeah, ok, so I'm weird, but there you go. Favorite sound effect is probably the sound of a machine gun firing. Uber-cool, it is. :drool:

PS

Heald
22nd September 2004, 06:24 PM
A bullet ricochet.