PDA

View Full Version : Kotor

MetalScyther
19th September 2004, 01:53 PM
I need advice from anyone who has played this game.

I found fable for like $38 or so but it won't be here for two weeks and I need something to do. I just beat the game on the dark side which was pretty fun. I started a new class on the light side and am about two hours in and it is pretty fun.

I'm wondering if playing the light side is really worth it though. Is it really worth spending 20 hours in? How different is the ending? Are there major plot changes? How much different is the experience?

Anyone that has played through the game both sides please respond. I need a comparison to see if it is worth wasting my time in for the next two weeks. School is easy at this point and I have a lot more free time than usual.

Keep note that if I don't do this, I have about 50 other RPGs for PS2 to play, and alot of Xbox games to play also. So please tell me if it is worth spending 20 hours in.

Don't spoil the plot either, just answer my questions :P

PNT510
19th September 2004, 03:19 PM
Personally I think it's worth it because I found the game more challenging when playing on the lightside, because you couldn't just kill everyone. But if you really wanna know if you should play through it again just start playing, and if you don't find yourself having fun, then quit and play another game.

Outlaw JT
24th September 2004, 02:06 AM
Yes it is worth playing through a second time with a different alignment. Nearly every conversation in the game is different based on who is in your party and what alignment you lean towards with your answers. You could play the game through ten times and have 10 completely different conversations with most of the npc's you meet. Not to mention there are a couple of drastically different plot twists based on which alignment you choose. Without knowing specifically what alternatives you would play, I definately say put in the time for the second play through. Hope this helps you.