PDA

View Full Version : pray tell...why?

Blackjack Gabbiani
20th September 2004, 01:46 AM
I know the reason the Raikou special wasn't released outside Japan was due to the lack of Ash, but...why is it so bleedin' hard to get *IN* Japan? It was only released on VHS, and then only for RENTAL. They never had a home release...

so WHY?

Animelee
20th September 2004, 11:08 PM
I guess it was an experiment that the writers tried, and they decided that they just wanted to work on the main series, so by not releasing a DVD/VHS for purchase, people will continue to focus on the main series?

...That's the best I've got. :sweat2:

mr_pikachu
20th September 2004, 11:50 PM
Because they are evil? :rolleyes:

I'd be willing to bet it's a money issue. Producing that in mass quantities would be a big risk, since they have no idea how many people are even interested in it (I think). So rather than take a risk, they continue their tried-and-true method of making videos of the regular series.

Although I must say, I'm rather baffled that they'd make rental copies and not home release ones... maybe they sell it somewhere. I'd check Japanese websites similar to Amazon.com, except I don't understand Japanese... :sweat2:

Zhen Lin
21st September 2004, 03:23 AM
Housou is available only as VHS rentals in Japan as well. Extremely expensive rental fees, I believe. These are not for sale, obviously.

Blackjack Gabbiani
22nd September 2004, 01:58 PM
Wow. I'll have to keep checking my local Japanese video store to see if they ever sell the HoSos then. (I *did* get a copy of Legend of Thunder there once...)