View Full Version : Blastoise and charizard moveset

SeleucusII
20th September 2004, 05:03 AM
Can someone suggest a moveset for blastoise,i ain't changing hydro cannon though.:009:Charizard too please.

Mitch's Bashamo
21st September 2004, 04:43 AM
Blastoise
@Leftovers
Hydro Cannon
Counter
Rest
Ice Beam

Charizard
@Salac Berry
Overheat
Rock Slide
Aerial Ace
Belly Drum

I'm gonna use this Charizard moveset when I get FR and I'm not sure how effective my Blastoise moveset is but I'm still trying to help.

Drazonmaster
22nd September 2004, 12:58 PM
Blastoise
@Leftovers
Hydro Cannon
Mirror Coat
Earthquake
Ice Beam

I just suggest this becasue it covers a few bases, like attacking electric types with Earthquake, and dealing back double damage when an electric or grass type attack hits you.

Charizard
@Salac Berry
Overheat
Rock Slide
Aerial Ace
Belly Drum

I agree and disagree with this set. I'll say that I agree with it becasue the Salac Berry Supports the use of Over heat, and the Belly Drum of the other two moves. On the other hand I disagree with it becasue Belly Drum takes down half of your hp, and you have no way of getting it back, and with the Salac Berry, Overheat will be only able to be used effectively (with all of Charizard's Special) Twice, but all in all its a good set, just watch how you use it.

andyizcool
22nd September 2004, 01:03 PM
Blastoise@Leftovers
Ice Beam
Mirror Coat
Haze/Roar/Rest
Surf/Hydro Cannon

I really recommend Surf because Blastoise's Job is a Tank/Utility and doesn't have the Special Attack needed for high powered moves.

Charizard@Salac Berry/Liechi Berry
Fire Blast
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Swords Dance

SeleucusII
24th September 2004, 03:59 AM
thank you

Ultimate Pikachu
24th September 2004, 09:49 PM
Blastiose@Leftovers
Bold
252 HP, 129 Def, 129 Sp Def
Surf
Toxic/Rest/Mirror Coat/Rapid Spin/Roar (use with Toxic)/Counter/Ice Beam/Yawn (pick 3)

Sorry, Hydro Cannon is not an option.

Charizard@Petaya Berry
Timid
6 HP, 252 Speed, 252 Special Attack
Flamethrower
HP Grass
Dragon Claw
filler

Suffers from poor special attack movepool syndrome.

Charizard@Salac Berry
Jolly
6 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
Dragon Dance/Swords Dance/Belly Drum
Overheat/Earthquake/Return/HP Flying or Aerial Ace/Rock Slide or HP Rock (pick three)

Poryhedron
25th September 2004, 12:06 PM
Sorry, Hydro Cannon is not an option.
What makes you say that? I taught the move to my Blastoise just fine. Was there something in this post that makes you think shiny seeker's Blastoise was bred or something? And why are you using the spoiler tag? It's already been discussed on this board, non-spoiler-fashion, that the Elemental Hyper Beams can be taught to one Venusaur, one Charizard and one Blastoise per game, all of which had to be, if not your starter, then at least somebody's starter.

Ultimate Pikachu
25th September 2004, 09:24 PM
I always rate on a competitive level. Spoiler tag was used so I didn't make the topic creator mad as easily.

SeleucusII
27th September 2004, 04:28 AM
Why is hydro cannon not an option and why would you have made me mad :swear: ,while i'm here what would be a decent moveset for kingdra

Ultimate Pikachu
29th September 2004, 03:29 PM
Why is hydro cannon not an option and why would you have made me mad :swear: ,while i'm here what would be a decent moveset for kingdraSurf outclasses Hydro Cannon. The missed turn gives you too much of a disadvantage. The PP is rather poor for something that is meant to last.

Kingra@Petaya Berry/Lum Berry
Modest
129 HP, 129 Speed, 252 Special Attack
Surf
Ice Beam
HP Dragon
Rain Dance

Ultimate Charizard
9th October 2004, 07:11 PM
My Charizards have always gone

Flamethrower
Slash
Swords Dance
Earthquake

Now that My Charmeleon knows Rock Slide this will have to Change....i may remove Slash for Slide but i normally like having a 'non-element' dependant move....used to be Seismic Toss.
Thinking about it.....im gonna have to give this some serious thought.

Crazy
9th October 2004, 07:59 PM
What you said made no sense. You said that Blastoise doesn't have the Sp.Atk for a HIGH powered sp.atk move. Why would you would you want a LOWER powered Sp.Atk on a Tank? See what I mean. Blastoise has the defenses to take a hit so it is a option.

Ultimate Pikachu
14th October 2004, 05:53 PM
What you said made no sense. You said that Blastoise doesn't have the Sp.Atk for a HIGH powered sp.atk move. Why would you would you want a LOWER powered Sp.Atk on a Tank? See what I mean. Blastoise has the defenses to take a hit so it is a option.It's the effect of Hydro Cannon that makes it bad. It also has low PP, which we all know isn't good for a tank.

Crazy
14th October 2004, 07:40 PM
Your missing the point. Let's say that you have about half of your HP and you know you can't take 2 more hits. One Hydro Cannon will take it out. See that's what makes it useful. It is a last resort attack and since it is so "crappy"as you make it out to be. No one will expect it.

SeleucusII
16th October 2004, 04:52 AM
What's the best kanto fighting type to use and what moves should it know. Thanks :sweat4:

andyizcool
16th October 2004, 05:06 AM
What's the best kanto fighting type to use and what moves should it know. Thanks :sweat4:
Pokemon like Machamp, Primeape, and Hitmonlee come to mind. They have the Attack and sometimes the Speed to be used as a Physical Sweeper. Hitmonlee may be a UU Pokemon but it has the Limber Trait so that's a bonus.

SeleucusII
16th October 2004, 05:28 AM
Alright thanks,i'll try hitmonlee,what's the best moveset for it?

andyizcool
16th October 2004, 05:37 AM
Alright thanks,i'll try hitmonlee,what's the best moveset for it?
Hitmonlee@Salac Berry
Bulk Up
Rock Slide
Brick Break
Earthquake

That's a Physical Sweeper Moveset and you just better hope after you use Bulk Up you'll be left with some HP so the Salac Berry activates and you can sweep. If not you'll just be OHKO'd and lose your Physical Sweeper so this is why Hitmonlee is UU because it's very risky to use.

SeleucusII
16th October 2004, 05:40 AM
So what do you reckomend<------ spelling mistake forgot how to spell it, what's UU

andyizcool
16th October 2004, 05:50 AM
So what do you reckomend<------ spelling mistake forgot how to spell it, what's UU
I would use the Physical Sweeper Moveset I posted above or Heracross could use a Moveset like that too if you don't like Hitmonlee. UU Pokemon means Under Used Pokemon. Meaning UU Pokemon aren't used much because they don't really stand a chance against the OU (Over Used) Pokemon that everyone uses.

SeleucusII
16th October 2004, 05:52 AM
Can primeape learn the hitmonlee moveset,if it can i'll try that because i don't want to use heracross due to the 2x flying weakness.

andyizcool
16th October 2004, 12:46 PM
Can primeape learn the hitmonlee moveset,if it can i'll try that because i don't want to use heracross due to the 2x flying weakness.
Primeape@Leftovers
Bulk Up
Rock Slide
Substitute
Cross Chop

Primeape works differently to Hitmonlee because Primeape can setup a Substitute and keep Bulk Uping. The Leftovers restore HP so you have enough to make another Substitute by the time someone breaks your first one. By the time you make your next Substitute Bulk Up should have gave you the Defence to make it stay in longer.

Cyber Dragon
16th October 2004, 03:00 PM
My Battle Tower Charizard has:

Heat Wave (I hate its 90% accuracy but... whatever.)
Dragon Claw (because... he looks like a dragon. o_o)
Substitute (Um, so that its ability can be activated easier, and it activates Petaya early)
Sunny Day (This move is sorta filler-ish, but it helps)
& Petaya Berry
(Timid Nature)
252 S. Atk, 252 Spd, 6 something else...

Yeah, I totally robbed this from a GameFaqs faq. STAB + Sunny Day + Blaze + Petaya Berry + EV's = I pwn you.

SeleucusII
20th October 2004, 05:13 AM
I've done blastoise and charizard now i need a venusaur moveset,Any suggestions will be appreciated.

It knows these moves
frenzy plant
earthquake
leech seed
toxic

Thanks.

andyizcool
20th October 2004, 05:21 AM
Venusaur@Leftovers
Toxic
Synthesis
Leech Seed
Sludge Bomb

One of the best Annoyers around and that's what I like Venusaur for.

SeleucusII
20th October 2004, 05:29 AM
What's sludge bomb for?

andyizcool
20th October 2004, 05:45 AM
What's sludge bomb for?
You could use Razor Leaf or HP Grass for STAB but Grass is just a bad attacking type. Sludge Bomb also counters that other Annoyer Ludicolo who can't really harm Venusaur. Venusaur hasn't got very good offensive moves so I always stick with Sludge Bomb because you'll try and use Leech Seed and Toxic to take care of them anyway.

SeleucusII
20th October 2004, 05:49 AM
Alright thanks i'll give it a try,by the way can you think of a kanto electric type that wuold be worth using and what moves it should know.thanks......................Anybody?

WaterTrainer
31st October 2004, 02:11 PM
I dunno... but I still sorta prefer Lanturn for an electric type. I'd wanna see the idiot who wants to use an electric move on Lanturn.Tons of HP, but low stats. too bad Lanturn isnt that good because of its stats

Rudoku
31st October 2004, 05:27 PM
I dunno... but I still sorta prefer Lanturn for an electric type. I'd wanna see the idiot who wants to use an electric move on Lanturn.
I'd rather see the idiot that tries to bump up dead threads...