PDA

View Full Version : Are the Wireless Adapters Meant for Use Only Between FR and LG?

Cyber Dragon
20th September 2004, 07:31 PM
Hm, I fixed the network machine on One Island, so I couldn't wait to start trading. I didn't have a link cable so I thought the wireless adapters would work fine. I had my friend come over with his GBA SP, and I borrowed the SP, put the LG in it, and put the Sapphire in the old GBA. I tried to trade... it wasn't working.

And I tried the berry glitch fix too, but I don't think my Sapphire game was fixed, because the diagram showed link cables.

So to trade between Ru/Sa and FR/LG, I NEED a link cable? Darnit!!!

Rudoku
20th September 2004, 07:37 PM
Why do you think you have the option of using the Link Cable? And R/S came out way before the wireless adapter was even thought of.

Cyber Dragon
20th September 2004, 07:57 PM
... that's what I thought at first. Just making sure. I guess I'll go get a link cable.

WingullTrainer
21st September 2004, 10:39 PM
does that affect Mystery gift?

andyizcool
22nd September 2004, 11:56 AM
does that affect Mystery gift?
Mystery Gift on Pokemon FR/LG is totally different to the Mystery Gift from Pokemon GSC. For Mystery Gift to work on Pokemon FR/LG you need your Wireless Adapter plugged in and you use it in a Wonder Spot area.

Drazonmaster
22nd September 2004, 12:32 PM
in the near future more games for the GBA will use the wireless adaptor, like there is a game out already, "Digimon Racing" that has the ablity to use the wireless adaptor. Right now I'm not sure on what other games that will use it except for I know that Pokemon Emarld will use it for sure. Also FYI you can buy the adaptor alone for 19.99 american or 24.99 Canidian

WingullTrainer
22nd September 2004, 01:52 PM
what's a wonder spot area?

Aarkan
22nd September 2004, 01:58 PM
Places like the Pokemon Center in NYC. Supposedly if you mystery gift there you'll get one of the tickets for ho-oh/lugia or deoxys. I'm planning on checking it out soon enough.

Poryhedron
22nd September 2004, 06:04 PM
A "WonderSpot area" is a place that broadcasts stuff you can pick up with the Wireless Adaptor. It works pretty much like Wireless Internet access. You can't use Mystery Gift unless you go to a place that has a WonderSpot set up. At the moment, I think the new York Pokémon Center may be the only place in the USA that has WonderSpot broadcast.