PDA

View Full Version : Chansey/Blissey Moveset

Rabid_Cow
20th September 2004, 09:49 PM
Okay, I just caught my Chansey. I got it on the 5th one I saw, and it took just throwing 2 Safari Balls at it. It kind of seemed as though someone must have drugged it, but that's a different story.

So, I was wondering what the standard Blissey set is these days. I'm lookin for a sponge for a special sweeper, but was also wonderin if Counter could work the miracles that I'm thinkin it will. I was thinkin about this:

http://www.pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs377.png @Leftovers (don't know nature) [EV's: 252 HP/Sp. Atk. 6 Sp. Def.] ~Natural Cure~
<>Counter<>Rest<>Thunder Wave<>Seismic Toss<>

I was thinking that Aromatherapy would be on here somewhere possibly, but The only thing I can think to replace would be Rest. I don't know what to do....HELP!!!

Loupeitak
21st September 2004, 01:38 AM
mhmm... lucky you got the chansey.

The blissey set i just LOVE to use is:

Blissey@Leftovers (Bold) [EV's: 252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Sp. Def) ~Natural cure~
<>Aromatherapy<>Softboiled (or they will bring out their physical sweeper)<>Counter<>Seismic Toss/Toxic

Sure he cant hit stuff like Gengar but what the heck... it works wonders

andyizcool
21st September 2004, 12:08 PM
Blissey@Leftovers
Softboiled
Seismic Toss
Aromatherapy
Thunder Wave/Toxic/Ice Beam/Psychic
Nature: Bold/Calm
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Sp Def

Standard Blissey and the last Move is your choice. Thunder Wave/Toxic to annoy or Ice Beam for Dragon Pokemon or Psychic for Gengar mostly.

Rabid_Cow
22nd September 2004, 10:02 PM
So is Counter just too risky with his Defense? I mean w/the HP he could deal some major damage back, but I could see where he'd absolutelly get creamed if he is up against a Sub-puncher. What are your thoughts? Counter or no?

Also I was thinking Counter, then Rest, then switch to abuse his Natural Cure. If Counter is a no go I'll just go w/the standard I guess. Maybe T-Wave still.

IcyLapras
23rd September 2004, 02:28 AM
The classic is like...

Counter
Softboiled
Light Screen
Seismic Toss

Or...

Toxic
Substitute
Softboiled
LightScreen/Filler?

Loupeitak
23rd September 2004, 05:59 AM
Counter is perfect on this guy... He can take a hit and can kill the opponent. Then softboiled and you're ready to go again

Xenesis
23rd September 2004, 06:28 AM
^Lol, Blissey are ALWAYS female.

Blissey can definitely take a hit, IF you give it plenty of defence training. Otherwise, it tends to be fodder for Cross Chop.

Loupeitak
23rd September 2004, 07:04 AM
bleh! i just said guy as i usually say ~_~'

Yep, Blissey can take a Machamp's cross chop but if it lands a critical you're doomed :p

rinku
23rd September 2004, 06:29 PM
bleh! i just said guy as i usually say ~_~'

Yep, Blissey can take a Machamp's cross chop but if it lands a critical you're doomed :p

On the other hand, if it uses Counter, Machop is doomed *unless* it does a critical. Which would you place money on?

andyizcool
24th September 2004, 11:44 AM
On the other hand, if it uses Counter, Machop is doomed *unless* it does a critical. Which would you place money on?
And who actually leaves in a Special Tank with low Defence in against a Physical Sweeper? This is why I prefer Psychic or Ice Beam and not Counter on Blissey so you can at least hit Ghost Pokemon unlike your Seismic Toss.