PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS Launch Details

Razola
21st September 2004, 02:50 AM
At a pricetag of $150.

Damn it all, I may have to buy this now.

UPDATE: From Thy:

Taken from GameSpot:

Asphalt Urban GT
Feel the Magic: XY/XX
Madden NFL 2005
Metroid Prime: Hunters (demo bundled with the DS)
Mr. Driller Drill Spirits
Ping Pals
PictoChat (built-in)
Rayman DS
Ridge Racer DS
Spider-Man 2
Super Mario 64 DS
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005
The Urbz: Sims in the City
:drool:
Pokemon games for the DS have been announced. There's a seperate thread dedicated to their discussion. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31679)

Animelee
21st September 2004, 03:12 AM
When the SP came out in Canada, it was $150 CAN... Hmm, it looks like the DS is going to be just over $200 with tax up here, but damn, it's worth it.

Eat your heart out, PSP.

kainashi
21st September 2004, 09:57 AM
heard it was going to be $199. now with it being $149, i might look into buying one.

Thy
21st September 2004, 03:09 PM
Plus it will have Metroid Prime and PictoChat with it. I was going to get one anyway, but the launch soubds even better. Plus the US gets it before Japan (Dec 1). Nintendo has tried doing the NA, JPN, and PAL launches all at once (Mario Kart and Mario and Luigi) and they worked. Maybe it just a matter of time when Nintendo can release all of their games at once. Plus Melee had the option of changing the language to Japanese, maybe they can develop a Universal Code disk. Might solve a few problems.

Adz44
21st September 2004, 03:39 PM
I'm considering trading in my GBA SP at Gamestation some time before the DS comes out (which will be early 2005). That way, I won't have to pay as much when I buy it. It's not that it wasn't affordable, it's because my GBA SP won't get much use once I have the DS (thanks to backwards compatability).

I think some of the games look interesting. I hope the stylus and touch-screen is fully taken advantage of.

Razola
21st September 2004, 04:24 PM
The Gameboy has been well known for it's universal compatibility, so if the DS follows the same track then I see no reason for their to be much a difference in global release dates.

GreenShirT
21st September 2004, 04:28 PM
Yup I heard about this today and am going to order mine from America so I get it on release ^_^
Im so happy :)

PNT510
21st September 2004, 05:15 PM
Any word on games that are gonna be out during lanch?

Shadow Djinn
21st September 2004, 07:03 PM
Most games I've looked into are being released December 7th, supposedly. I tihk they'll probably have a few games with the release.

Razola
21st September 2004, 08:44 PM
Games at launch will be coming soon.

Powarun
21st September 2004, 11:16 PM
Only 150, wow, thats great, I was wondering why the Sp already had a price drop, but this explains it. Trying to sell them before the DS gets big.

Gengachu
22nd September 2004, 10:02 PM
150 is too much for me. For that price I could get a new console. I'll wait for the price to go down, and then get it, if I'm interested in the games.

Thy
7th October 2004, 03:12 PM
Taken from GameSpot:

Asphalt Urban GT
Feel the Magic: XY/XX
Madden NFL 2005
Metroid Prime: Hunters (demo bundled with the DS)
Mr. Driller Drill Spirits
Ping Pals
PictoChat (built-in)
Rayman DS
Ridge Racer DS
Spider-Man 2
Super Mario 64 DS
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005
The Urbz: Sims in the City
:drool:

kainashi
7th October 2004, 04:03 PM
only really looking forward to metroid prime: hunters out of those. maybe tiger woods too, haven't played a golf game in a long time. :)

PNT510
7th October 2004, 04:32 PM
I'm only looking forward to Super Mario 64 DS out of those games listed, maybe Metroid Prime Hunters too.

Razola
7th October 2004, 04:45 PM
The bundled Metroid Hunters is only going to be a demo from what I hear.

And I'm going to merge this with my old DS thread so everyone has the complete launch info.

Dark Scizor
7th October 2004, 07:24 PM
Can't wait till the DS comes out, but if my current financial situation remains the same, I won't be getting one on the UK release date :(

I might order one from the US just so I have bragging rights over my friends.

Red Angel
7th October 2004, 10:29 PM
I'm just really dissapointed that Nintendo couldn't be bothered to put a GBA like port on the DS for full backwards compatibility. As for the DS, I'll probably wait until the price drops or Animal Crossing comes out.

PNT510
8th October 2004, 02:37 PM
I'm just really dissapointed that Nintendo couldn't be bothered to put a GBA like port on the DS for full backwards compatibility. As for the DS, I'll probably wait until the price drops or Animal Crossing comes out.
Well Nintendo says it's not a next gen gameboy, so I don't see why they should have put the port in it. I think it's ablity to play GBA games is more than enough.

Red Angel
8th October 2004, 08:42 PM
Well Nintendo says it's not a next gen gameboy, so I don't see why they should have put the port in it. I think it's ablity to play GBA games is more than enough.

Well, if it can play games, why not add the port too? Then again, this is the company that was too cheap to put a proper headphone port on the SP. :mad2:

Razola
8th October 2004, 09:12 PM
Got an old GBA? Got link cables? Then play them on that and stop trying to make the DS bigger than it already is.

Oh, and headphone cords for the SP are $5 bucks. Only the poor are going to cry over something so trite.

Red Angel
9th October 2004, 01:42 PM
Got an old GBA? Got link cables? Then play them on that and stop trying to make the DS bigger than it already is.

Yes, I have an old GBA... but I'd like to trade it in to afford the somewhat overpriced SP. Not all of us are rolling in money, you know.

Oh, and headphone cords for the SP are $5 bucks. Only the poor are going to cry over something so trite.

They're 8 CDN. And if you don't care about $5, why don't you just send them to me? I could use them. And I'm a college student. That makes me poor by definition.

Razola
9th October 2004, 01:46 PM
Yes, I have an old GBA... but I'd like to trade it in to afford the somewhat overpriced SP. Not all of us are rolling in money, you know.
The only cash I have during the school year is the money I make from my $5.75 an hour job. So I ain't rich either.

They're 8 CDN. And if you don't care about $5, why don't you just send them to me? I could use them. And I'm a college student. That makes me poor by definition.
I didn't buy official Nintendo ones. I got a $10 set that lets you recharge at the SP at the same time.

Oh, and I'm a college student too. Ramen 4 lyf.

PNT510
9th October 2004, 03:06 PM

Just use the money you saved on batteries to buy the headphones.

Razola
10th October 2004, 09:40 PM
I have seen screenshots of Advance Wars DS. While the graphics haven't evolve a bit, I'll be content if the gameplay delivers.

Andrew
10th October 2004, 10:19 PM
Does this thing chew through batteries like nobodies buisness or has it a nifty recharge feature like the SP?

Because I'm considering buying a new GB to upgrade from my GBC, should I wait (I think so) or get the SP.

Razola
11th October 2004, 12:12 AM
I am almost positive it has at least 10 hours of play and has a battery system similar to the SP. Let me check.

Crazy
11th October 2004, 10:50 AM
10 hours of battery life? Not bad. Much better than the PSP's 3 hours of battery life.

Razola
11th October 2004, 12:00 PM
The PSP is ten as welll...for games. It's like 2 1/2 for movies and I forget what it is for music.

Red Angel
11th October 2004, 03:34 PM
I just saw Advance Wars DS. Makes me want to buy that system. Now if they give us a good RPG, I'm sold.

PNT510
11th October 2004, 05:33 PM
The PSP is ten as welll...for games. It's like 2 1/2 for movies and I forget what it is for music.
I thought it was 10 for music, 2 1/2 for movies. and it varried for games depending on how often the system needed to read the disc.

Legends-Kuja
11th November 2004, 03:12 PM
Note to clowns:

There seems to be evidence that the DS will launch next week, 11/15. Dammit, I still have to wait for Christmas...

Razola
11th November 2004, 03:17 PM
I'm waiting for Christmas. The next two weeks has these releases:

-Half-Life 2
-Metroid Prime 2
-Alien Hominid
-Vampire Bloodlines
-World of Warcraft
-Prince of Persia 2

Not to mention Halo 2 and Mario Tennis just got released. The DS launch isn't that strong anyways, and I have plenty to do until I get it.

Legends-Kuja
11th November 2004, 04:14 PM
I don't have many VG systems or money to spend, so my last GBA game will be Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. After that, it's Super Mario 64 DS and whatever good games ALL THE WAY.

HavoX
11th November 2004, 04:24 PM
I'm waiting for Christmas.
same here http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

i might also consider getting the Half-Life 2 Collector's Edition set since Half-Life: Source (the recoded verson of the original game) is included

/me adds to my Christmas list

Powarun
16th November 2004, 05:12 PM
I was messing around on the internet, and came across the old game and watch series of video games. Surprisingly they were double screened too, so this wouldn't be the first time that a 2 screen hand held comes across the gaming market. http://www.vidgame.net/NINTENDO/GAMANDW.html Strange, history really does repeat itself.

Razola
18th November 2004, 03:09 AM
There should be demo DSes in your local gaming store. I played a bit of Metroid at my EB. I like it, the screen is well lit and the touch pad is real nice. I was skeptical of the control scheme (touch pad aims/jump, R fire), but it works. It really works (though you can change it to something more traditional) and I'm looking forward to the full version.

Jeff
18th November 2004, 09:46 AM
I haven't seen the demos yet but I don't get out much either... I have seen the "Touching is good" displays though :lol: (sick and twisted Nintendo)

Anyway, I'm getting this for Christmas, it was either going to be the DS or a PDA and the DS is cheaper. Also, there is the posibility that somone could make an organizer program for it.

Chikoo
21st November 2004, 09:08 PM
I played a DS on display yesterday. I must get it...

Jeff
21st November 2004, 09:13 PM
DS is out today!!!

But I still have to wait for Christmas :grumble:

Anyway my brother's friend has a DS (or at least claims to), but I didn't even see it and still haven't played a DS at all, not even a demo.

PNT510
22nd November 2004, 03:35 AM
I picked up the DS this morning for my little brother with Mario 64 DS. It's pretty cool, it controls better than I thought it would without analog. Also being able to eat guys as Yoshi is cool. I haven't played any of the mini games yet though.

Jeff
23rd November 2004, 09:38 AM
It's getting impossible to find this thing anywhere, however...

A K-mart near my house can't get rid of them! People are waiting in long lines at the electronics stores and video game stores but no one is thinking of looking in K-mart!

My mom sent me up today to pick one up for myself (that's right I picked up my own Christmas present) and my dad has my brother's birthday money and got one for him. He said he's going to open it at work and play with it there :P

Thank God for K-mart...

GreenShirT
26th November 2004, 06:59 PM
Me and Suzie managed to get DS's and they should be here in a week and a halfish. I am so looking forward to playing on it! We are both getting Mario 64x4 since it is the only launch game that appeals to us but one thing that filled me with anger was when I went into a games shop in town today that usually gets imported games etc and asked about DS games I was met with the answer: "DS?" ~_~
Apparently people do live under rocks in this day and age...

Crazy
29th November 2004, 05:47 PM
HAHAHAHAHA! You know that crap I said about me not getting one? Well I am this Christmas. I can't wait. I am going to get Super Mario 64. :liplick: