http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3675700.stm

can't believe how small it is. @_@

http://premium.uploadit.org/dsn2000/ps25.JPG
http://img63.exs.cx/img63/2233/7178.jpg
http://www.playfrance.com/news/images/7,7958379/zoom/4645.jpg

i don't know if i'll end up buying one or not but it does look nice. :yes:

mvtm
21st September 2004, 02:11 PM
it surelly looks nice but ill stay with my GC , yeah or pherhaps wait till his little brother arrives .

Razola
21st September 2004, 03:02 PM
Sony sure has a nack for coming up with some of the stupidiest names.

Adz44
21st September 2004, 03:32 PM
Jesus Christ!!! That thing is almost wafer-thin. I'm impressed, but it all makes sense. Technology has moved on, so they can make it smaller because the parts are smaller. Won't be buying one...unless something happens to the PS2 I have at the moment...

Gengachu
22nd September 2004, 03:51 PM
Looks cool. If the price is right, I'll get it. Anyone know what the retail price will be in US Dollars?

Red Angel
22nd September 2004, 10:08 PM
They need a new slogan:

PSTwo: Now with 98% less doorstop.

Seriously, though, it looks cool and all but... meh. I'm waiting to see how the PSP is.

Little_Pikachu
12th October 2004, 10:00 AM
How very tiny! I already have a PS2 though, and I don't really need and extra 4cm on a shelf where I keep my gaming stuff so I doubt I'll be replacing my existing system :)

PNT510
12th October 2004, 01:24 PM
My PS2 just got broken so I was thinking of buying one of these, but then I heard stuff like the hard drive and mulititap wont work for it.

Reality
12th October 2004, 04:08 PM
What I heard is that you can't modchip it either.....

Yoh Asakura
12th October 2004, 05:21 PM
I give it a month before it'll be chipped~

Crazy
13th October 2004, 09:07 AM
One problem though. The only difference is that it is smaller than a PS2 and it took forever to release. Can you say "money scam?"

PNT510
13th October 2004, 01:01 PM
One problem though. The only difference is that it is smaller than a PS2 and it took forever to release. Can you say "money scam?"
How is it a scam? OMG!!!! A COMPANY HAS RELEASED A SMALLER SLEAKER VERSION OF AN OLDER PRODUCT YEARS LATER!!!! SCAAAAMMMM!!!!!!

andyizcool
13th October 2004, 01:11 PM
If you checked the GAME website a few weeks ago you would have seen this before now because you could have pre-ordered it. I think having a smaller version of the PS2 would just make it easy to break if you keep it up straight. The PS2 in tower formation when it's up straight is easy to knock over and just break something inside it. We already have like four PS2s for my family so I don't think we'll be buying another one just because it's smaller. It looks like a nice idea but I thought Sony would be moving onto the PSP now, guess they just wanted some extra profit before the PSP release.

Crazy
14th October 2004, 05:12 PM
How is it a scam? OMG!!!! A COMPANY HAS RELEASED A SMALLER SLEAKER VERSION OF AN OLDER PRODUCT YEARS LATER!!!! SCAAAAMMMM!!!!!!

Because you don't NEED a smaller sleaker version of a older object when its size is fine to begin with! SCAAMMM!!

Moonlight Espeon
14th October 2004, 05:40 PM
It's not a scam, it's simply a pit attempt to pull ahead of the competition that's closely following it around. I would say that this won't sell much, the liability of breaking is too high and it's not worth it. It's been like 3 years, I think everyone who wants a PS2 either has one or has decided not to get one .-.; This'll give them a bit of profit, but not enough to make the wasted time worth it.

Yoh Asakura
14th October 2004, 05:52 PM
Because you don't NEED a smaller sleaker version of a older object when its size is fine to begin with! SCAAMMM!!

Damn the SP was a scam aswell with it's backlit screen and rechargable battery..

Crazy
14th October 2004, 07:43 PM
It was. You could buy a charger before the SP came out. You didn't need a backlit screen because you could buy a WORM LIGHT. So yes the SP is a scam just like this pointless mini version od a PS2. It isn't needed.

PNT510
14th October 2004, 11:17 PM
the Gameboy Advanced SP is not a scam just because you don't like it. The worm light provides glare, and normal rechargeable batteries are expensive.

The newer PS2 isn't a scam because it comes with a built in network adaptor and many people consider it to look much nicer, making a product look newer is hardly a scam, it's a marketing tool used to help boost sales going into a very competitive holiday season.

I fail to see how ethier products is fraudulent or a scam.

Red Angel
15th October 2004, 12:09 AM
scam

n : a fraudulent business scheme [syn: cozenage] v : deprive of by deceit; "He swindled me out of my inheritance"; "She defrauded the customers who trusted her"; "the cashier gypped me when he gave me too little change" [syn: victimize, swindle, rook, goldbrick, nobble, diddle, bunco, defraud, mulct, gyp, con]

Now tell me how the PSTwo or the GBASP are scams. If you buy one, you know what you're getting. It's not like they're charging you for an emptly box.

Razola
15th October 2004, 12:55 AM
It was. You could buy a charger before the SP came out. You didn't need a backlit screen because you could buy a WORM LIGHT. So yes the SP is a scam just like this pointless mini version od a PS2. It isn't needed.
Battery Charger = Unreliable and nothing 1st Party. I had a Battery Charger, I know what I'm talking about. Also more money and things to pack/lose.

Worm Light = A Joke. I might have taken you seriously had you mentioned Afterburner, but you went for the shit option. Worm Light also sucks off battery supply and makes multiplayer games unstable (pass-through connector was not very secure). And the Afterburner was like $50 bucks, so don't try to use that.

Oh and both void your warranty. Whee!

It's not a scam, it's an upgrade. You can call it poor business, but it's perfectly legitimate for a company to release an imrpovement of their old hardware. Is it needed? No. But then again, neither are larger memory cards or other such silly things.

The PS2 is getting old, and Sony is releasing an updated model to try and lure in the last gasp of customers. Get over it.

Pokemaster Matt
15th October 2004, 05:21 AM
Battery Charger = Unreliable and nothing 1st Party. I had a Battery Charger, I know what I'm talking about. Also more money and things to pack/lose.

Been using various ones ever since I got a GBC, and I've never had a problem. They burn out every 3-4 years, but I don't care when they're about $10-20 Australian.

Razola
15th October 2004, 12:16 PM
I'm talking about ones made for the GBA in particular.

Red Angel
15th October 2004, 08:25 PM
I've been using plain old rechargeable AA batteries with my GBA since I got it. They work just as well as a battery pack, except I can use them elsewhere too.

Chris
16th October 2004, 07:18 AM
holy shit guys a company is trying to make money, should i call the ftc

Seriously though, this is the furthest thing possible from a scam. My current PS2 is also broken and I was planning on buying an Ethernet adapter anyway so I might as well buy a new PSTwo when they're released...

Crazy
16th October 2004, 08:17 AM
Fine then the afterburner. I didn't use a wormlight I used a Shield Light Pro. I just put down the first thing that came to my head. I still say the PStwo is a rip-off.

andyizcool
16th October 2004, 09:35 AM
Fine then the afterburner. I didn't use a wormlight I used a Shield Light Pro. I just put down the first thing that came to my head. I still say the PStwo is a rip-off.
It's going to be the same price as the normal PS2 in some shops. So if people want to buy a new PS2 they get a smaller version with some extras. Of course if you already have a PS2 or more than one you aren't going to need an extra smaller PS2 in your house.

dracox
17th October 2004, 02:49 AM

no a scam is releasing a ****ing small ass memory card that holds nothing, then months later releasing a bigger one for the same price, then months after that releasing an even bigger one for the same price as the other two!

****ing nintendo.

Razola
18th October 2004, 01:08 PM
Fine then the afterburner.
Did you read my post? That adds like $50 to the price.

I didn't use a wormlight I used a Shield Light Pro. I just put down the first thing that came to my head.
That sucked too. They all cause way too much glare.

I still say the PStwo is a rip-off.
Ripoff doesn't equal scam. You might not think it's a good deal, but it's still a legititmate item to sell.

en0miz
18th October 2004, 01:35 PM
Looks good. I have yet to buy a ps2 and there are now quite a few games for it that interest me so.. I'll end up getting this sooner or later. :yes:

Ultimate Charizard
21st October 2004, 08:33 PM
Well im tempted. Mainly cos my PS2 is one of the original models, ie the ones that wont play Blue Discs. It loads slowly and Game are willing to give me 50 for it. I have a Multitap which unfortunately wont work but i can sell that to family and there arent any games i want that need the HD.
It is £100, the same as the Regular 'chunky' model and Game want a £10 deposit if i want one on release but With a few trade in games, and out on the same day as GTA-SA its a decent option.

Only thing i wanna know is if i hook up my Modem to the Network adaptor will i need to re-register with Central Station etc.

Oh and for the guy who said it would be easier to knock over in 'tower mode' as far as im aware it comes packacged with a Vertical Stand.....see, Sony think of everything.

Kyl3
7th November 2004, 04:23 PM
yes... how much money is this in USD/is it here for US yet... thats really great... a porta ps2 with gta:sa action!

PNT510
7th November 2004, 07:17 PM
Yes it's here. It's been out for a few weeks. And it's like all PS2 $150.

Cheesey
14th November 2004, 05:51 AM
We already have like four PS2s for my family so I don't think we'll be buying another one just because it's smaller.

Why on earth do you have 4 in the house? Can't you just share one or two or something?

I'm kinda late, and I hope you don't mind me bumping this thread up a bit, but it does look attractive. I doubt I'd buy it - I'd only do so if I had money to burn or something - but it appeals to me more than the original PS2 does. I might get a Playstation console sometime. I mean, I certainly wouldn't mind if someone just happened to give me one.

I don't think it's a scam either. Sure, it can be a little annoying when a company brings out a better version of the same product, but by now I'm sure we already know that they're going to do that. And also I agree with Pants and Raz when they say (well I'm not sure if they both said but I'm sure one of them did, I think it was Raz, and besides they both think the same thing) that the Wormlight is the worst possible example you could've come up with. But you've explained why you said it, so...

Although I do agree with dracox about the memory cards.