PDA

View Full Version : ev

aaronisyoung
21st September 2004, 11:12 PM
if a pokemon gets like all the Evs at like lvl 50 does that mean as it lvls up from there the stats wont rise???

PKMN Master
21st September 2004, 11:23 PM
if a pokemon gets like all the Evs at like lvl 50 does that mean as it lvls up from there the stats wont rise???
They will rise, but evs won't have an effect on them anymore, you won't see +6 or more again, only +3 or so, it depends in the species though...after you gain all evs, you can level up the way you want, with rare candies, day care, etc...

rinku
22nd September 2004, 12:56 AM
Actually, that's a bit misleading... the effort values continue to have their effect once earned, its just that the *rate* of earning them has stopped.

PKMN Master
22nd September 2004, 01:03 AM
Actually, that's a bit misleading... the effort values continue to have their effect once earned, its just that the *rate* of earning them has stopped.
Oh yeah, of course they continue to have their effect... I actually meant that, up to that point, they won't be earned anymore, and they cease to increase stats from that point on... all they did before that stays with the pokemon :p

rinku
22nd September 2004, 07:11 PM
Well... no. Every 4 effort points adds 0.01 per level (before rounding). The formula (apart from HP) is:

int[int({[Base*2 + IV + int(effort/4)]*Level/100}+5)*personality]

The reason you see a surge between the levels that the effort is earned at is because you are getting the value for all the previous levels added all at once.

A pokémon with a base stat of 100, IV and EV 0, will see a flat increase of +2 per level until it gets to L100 when it will be 205. If it has 255 effort, it will gain 2.63 per level until it gets to L100 when it will be 268.

PKMN Master
23rd September 2004, 02:30 PM
Well... no. Every 4 effort points adds 0.01 per level (before rounding). The formula (apart from HP) is:

int[int({[Base*2 + IV + int(effort/4)]*Level/100}+5)*personality]

The reason you see a surge between the levels that the effort is earned at is because you are getting the value for all the previous levels added all at once.

A pokémon with a base stat of 100, IV and EV 0, will see a flat increase of +2 per level until it gets to L100 when it will be 205. If it has 255 effort, it will gain 2.63 per level until it gets to L100 when it will be 268.
Ohhh I see... now it makes sense. So the thing is that the effort points continue to influence the stats... just one thing, it might be me, but I think that's the old formula you're using right? all stats were increased by one point in RS, which would end up with 269... and that 269 would be with a hindering personality for that particular stat...

rinku
23rd September 2004, 07:19 PM
The change from 0-15 to 0-31 IV meant that there was an increase in maximum base stat of +1 at L100 as the old formula added IV*Level/50, giving a maximum IV component of +30 at L100. As the maximum IV component is now +31 at L100 there is a *possible* +1 over the old ranges, before personality effects. The base values did not change.

For what it's worth the old non-HP formula was:

INT[(Base + IV + Effort/2)*Level/50] + 5

But obtaining the old effort value that is plugged into the above formula was a bit more complicated. Pokefor.tk has a discussion on that - I'm not going to bother here as it's all a bit academic now. Suffice it to say that you could max out effort in all stats, but the maximum add per stat was lower (and an exponential relationship, so took longer to achieve than the new way).

Pichu
24th September 2004, 01:00 PM
They will rise, but evs won't have an effect on them anymore, you won't see +6 or more again, only +3 or so, it depends in the species though...after you gain all evs, you can level up the way you want, with rare candies, day care, etc...

One small question: Does using EXP.Share affect those 'ev's?

Silent Dragonfly
24th September 2004, 01:05 PM
Holding EXP. Share gives the pokemon the normal amount of eps it would gain if it battled, whether it did or not. It isn't halved like the EXP is, there is no such thing as half an ep.

andyizcool
24th September 2004, 01:06 PM
One small question: Does using EXP.Share affect those 'ev's?
Yes, Pokemon holding the EXP Share will get the same amount of EVs as the Pokemon in the battle.

Pichu
24th September 2004, 11:42 PM
Strange... my stats seem to 'suck' when I was evolving all my remaining pokés... but my participating 3 pokémon when they level, they seem to get better stats. :rolleyes:

My exp.share poké keeps getting like +1, +2... rarely +3. =(

PKMN Master
24th September 2004, 11:57 PM
The change from 0-15 to 0-31 IV meant that there was an increase in maximum base stat of +1 at L100 as the old formula added IV*Level/50, giving a maximum IV component of +30 at L100. As the maximum IV component is now +31 at L100 there is a *possible* +1 over the old ranges, before personality effects. The base values did not change.

For what it's worth the old non-HP formula was:

INT[(Base + IV + Effort/2)*Level/50] + 5

But obtaining the old effort value that is plugged into the above formula was a bit more complicated. Pokefor.tk has a discussion on that - I'm not going to bother here as it's all a bit academic now. Suffice it to say that you could max out effort in all stats, but the maximum add per stat was lower (and an exponential relationship, so took longer to achieve than the new way).
ohhh ok, now I get it... I got everything wrong :p so it was the change of the IV range rather than a new equation... hmmm, and yeah, it was harder to achieve max stats back then, but I never quite understood how... you should give some lessons about this, it's quite interesting! I'd love to learn more of the game engine...

Silent Dragonfly
25th September 2004, 03:05 AM
Strange... my stats seem to 'suck' when I was evolving all my remaining pokés... but my participating 3 pokémon when they level, they seem to get better stats. :rolleyes:

My exp.share poké keeps getting like +1, +2... rarely +3. =(

It's an unevolved Pokémon right? Until they evolve most pokes gain a less amount of stats per level (My Dratini is currently gaining only +1 or +2) but when it evolves the "missed" stat points will be added and it'll gain more. Just to note, it doesn't matter when you evolve a poke, in the end it's stats will be the same.