PDA

View Full Version : TPM's "Best Game Ever"

Razola
21st September 2004, 11:44 PM
You all play games, so let's see what is "The Best Game", as decided by TPMers.

All you have to do is list your top five favorite games of all time (list the system it's on and be specific: games with dual versions like Pokemon should have all versions listed. For example, Pokemon Red and Blue cannot take up two spaces on your list: just one.). The list should be in order of preference. Number 1 on your list being what you think is the best game of all time, and number 5 being what you think is the fifth best game of all time.

Each game will get five points for each #1 spot it gets from you all, four points for each #2 spot, three for each #3 spot, and so on. Then we'll take the winners and put them in death matches using the weapon of choice in this day and age: the poll system.

So get to it. Oh, and keep conversation down. No arguing, we can make other threads for that. Just list your games and be on your way.

PNT510
22nd September 2004, 12:17 AM
5. Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction - PC
4. Halo - XBox
3. Twisted Metal 2 - PSX
2. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - Gameboy
1. Final Fantasy 7 - PSX

Animelee
22nd September 2004, 01:04 AM
5. Super Mario Bros. 3
4. Animal Crossing (Doubutsu no Mori)
3. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
2. Super Smash Bros. Melee (Super Smash Bros. DX)
1. Pokémon Emerald

Andrew
22nd September 2004, 02:06 AM
5) Final Fantasy 6
4) Warcraft 3
3) The Sims
2) Fire Emblem
1) Donkey Kong Country 2 - Diddy Kong's Quest

Razola
22nd September 2004, 02:25 AM
5. Super Mario Bros. 3
4. Animal Crossing (Doubutsu no Mori)
3. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
2. Super Smash Bros. Melee (Super Smash Bros. DX)
1. Pokémon Emerald
Is this even out in Japan yet?

Andrew
22nd September 2004, 02:46 AM
No. He's just a rabid fanboy. (http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame94.html)

:(

Razola
22nd September 2004, 02:53 AM
No. He's just a rabid fanboy. (http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame94.html)

:(
Then he'd better change to. Preferably to something that isn't Pokemon (though I may tolerate Red/Blue in the #1 spot).

EDIT: That site is solid gold truth, by the way.

Last Exile
22nd September 2004, 03:42 AM
5. Warcraft III
4. Super Smash Brothers Melee
3. Counter-Strike
2. Soul Calibur II
1. F-Zero GX

Crazy
22nd September 2004, 06:01 AM
1:Splinter Cell: Pandora Tommorow
2:Star Wars-KOTOR
3:Morrowind
4:FFTA
5:Soul Calibur 2

All great games yo! I have many other favorates like ADW.(I changed the pokemon vote due to the fact that after playing my FFTA lately I seem to like it better.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
22nd September 2004, 06:54 AM
5. Realms of Arkania - Star Trail (PC/DOS)
4. Thief 2: The Metal Age (PC)
3. Fallout 2 (PC)
2. Final Fantasy VI (SNES)
1. Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past (SNES)

Musourenka
22nd September 2004, 09:05 AM
5) Guardian Heroes (Saturn)
4) Lunar: The Silver Star (Sega CD)
3) Mega Man 3 (NES)
2) Super Mario Brothers 3 (NES)
1) Shining Force 2 (Genesis)

Heald
22nd September 2004, 10:36 AM
1. The Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time (N64) - Best game ever.
2. GTA:VC (PS2/PC/Xbox) - The best installment of the excellent series.
3. Goldeneye (N64) - Best FPS ever.
4. Rollercoaster Tycoon (PC) - the best management game ever made by one man. Genius.
5. The Sims 2 (PC) - The Sims got old quite quickly. I see no end to this game. I like.

Razola
22nd September 2004, 12:19 PM
To be honest, Heald, you've only had the game for what, less than a week? That may be why you can't see an end to it yet.

And my list:

5. Advance Wars (GBA)
Ths is avery addictive strategy game, with solid multiplayer.
4. Mario 64 (N64)
I will never forget the first time I played this...the joy of stepping into a 3D world for the first time...
3. Starcraft (PC/Mac)
I played this game for years with the same person for the most part. Three distinct races and a solid story and gameplay to bring them together.
2. Super Mario Brothers (NES/GBA)
Stepping into a 3-D world was good... almost as good as playing a Nintendo game for the first time. Simply classic.
1. Tetris (GB)
A best game, for me, never gets old. I can always pick up Tetris and just play the crap out of it. While my personal favorite is The New Tetris (N64), I have to give props to the one that started it all (and that I play the most).

ryandude713
22nd September 2004, 02:02 PM
5. GTA Vice City
4. Chrono Trigger
3. Soul Calibur 2
2. Super Mario World
1. Street Fighter 2 Turbo

Yoh Asakura
22nd September 2004, 03:31 PM
1. Super Mario Bros. 3
2. Bubble Bobble
3. Legend Of Zelda - A Link To The Past
4. Tetris *starts humming tune*
5. Final Fantasy VII/Final Fantasy VI

Pokemon should never be listed as one of the best games ever.

Gengachu
22nd September 2004, 04:00 PM
5. Final Fantasy Tactics (PSX)
4. Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES, SNES, GBA)
3. Zelda - A Link to the Past (SNES)
2. Super Metroid (SNES)
1. Castlevania - Symphony of the Night (PSX/Sega Saturn)

Zak
22nd September 2004, 04:20 PM
I'm an outcast in the gaming world... watch none of my votes make it.

1. Commander Keen
2. Kingdom Hearts
3. .Hack series (I consider it one game)
4. Gex 2-3
5. Mystic Towers

~Zak

Chris
22nd September 2004, 04:30 PM
1. GTA3 (yes, it's better than VC) - PC
2. Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 (1 was good, 2 is better) - PC
3. Max Payne (Stop laughing. It was good.) - PC
4. Tetris - GB
5. Pokemon Yellow (LOL IT'S AWESOME BECAUSE IT'S LIKE THE ANIMU) - GB

I'm also an outsider of the gaming world. I tend to prefer old(er) games to newer ones.

Adz44
22nd September 2004, 05:06 PM
1. GTA3 (yes, it's better than VC) - PC
2. Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 (1 was good, 2 is better) - PC
3. Max Payne (Stop laughing. It was good.) - PC
4. Tetris - GB

I'm also an outsider of the gaming world. I tend to prefer old(er) games to newer ones.

Yeah, Max Payne was great. My dad is a big fan, too. Here's hoping for a Max Payne 3.

Anyway, this is my list...

1. Final Fantasy 7 (PSX and PC)
2. Chrono Trigger (SNES and PSX)
3. Half Life (PC and PS2)
4. Street Fighter 2: Champion Edition (Arcade, Spectrum, SNES, Mega Drive...too many to mention lol)
5. GTA:VC (PS2, PC and X-Box)

Red Angel
22nd September 2004, 10:11 PM
5) Pokemon Puzzle Challenge (GBC) - Awesome, awesome puzzle game.
4) Super Smash Brothers Melee (GC) - Best. Party. Game. Ever.
3) The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (GBA) - Just a wonderfull game.
2) Golden Sun & Golden Sun 2 (GBA) - Parts 1 and 2 of he best RPG I've ever played.
1) Warcraft III (PC) - Now with 98% less mass Hydras.

Outlaw JT
24th September 2004, 01:59 AM
Man.....lots of great games being thrown into the mix but a few highly questionable ones too. I'll be nice and not call any of those titles out by name.

1: Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time (best game ever made, no contest, Nintendo would like to thank all those who lost. You people aren't showing enough love for this instant classic yet. Can't believe Heald is the only one on this page with me.......)

2: Star Wars - Knights of the Old Republic (The best Star Wars game ever made. What more do you need to say about it?)

3: Super Mario Brothers 3 (I hate to vote for it because of all the votes it has already this'll help clinch it as the #1 even though I don't think it is. Still, you can't ignore greatness of this calibre)

4: Steel Battalion (play this on a big screen with surround sound for five minutes and try to tell me this one doesn't belong here. I'd bet money you can't. Shame hardly anyone has it.)

5: Disgaea - Hour of Darkness (this was a tough spot to call but Disgaea's humor and deep deep deep item/character development bumped it up over my beloved Final Fantasy Tactics for PSX)

Well, there's my five picks. I know my 4 and 5 don't really stand a chance because they weren't made available to a very large market but they were good enough to deserve a nomination in my opinion. There are a lot of games I wish I could've put on this list but with only 5 spots to work with, these are the 5 I give the nod to. Here's hoping you people wake up and start voting Ocarina. It really is the best game ever made.

Razola
24th September 2004, 03:38 AM
Yellow? But then you can't use teh l33t missingno hax0rz.

Rudoku
24th September 2004, 01:53 PM
It's been out for about a week or two. Way better than R/S, but not that great.

5. Megaman 3
4. Chrono Trigger
3. Sonic 3 Complete
2. Wario Ware
1. Super Smash Bros. Melee

Honorable mention: The Armored Core series.

MetalScyther
24th September 2004, 03:11 PM
I'll just list the games in order of the effect that they had on me, because that is how I measure games.

5 - pokemon rby. I found this game when I was in 4th grade and it was the first RPG I ever played. I spent too much of my life on this game. :[ I probably had 100 hours on the game just from battling/training, and I spent a few years of my life battling online a few years later.

4 - Shenmue (I and II). These were some of the first games I got for DC, and they definately make my list. The story hooked me in. What can I say :S

3 - Starcraft. I discovered this game many years ago and play it a few times every week. Three races that are DIFFERENT. A great story. Grey multiplayer. This may not have been the first RTS, but I definately think that it was a huge leap in RTS's in general.

2 - Goldeneye. This was my introduction to FPS. I'd seen doom in action but was far to young to play it, and I stumbled into this at my cousins house. This pretty much introduced me to the greatness of FPS. Awesome multiplayer and a great single player mode.

1 - Super Mario Bros. 3. There is no doubt in my mind that this is the greatest game ever made. I played this game in like 1st grade on my awesome Nintendo. It ruled. :D

.hacker
24th September 2004, 03:39 PM
1. Chrono Trigger
2. Final Fantasy VI
3. Xenosaga
4. .hack
5. Final Fantasy VII

Metallix
25th September 2004, 03:13 PM
5) Soul Calibur - Greatest 3D fighter ever, period.
4) Super Mario World - Mario's finest game IMO, no Mario platformer after it really interested me to be honest.
3) Shenmue 2 - A ****ing masterpiece, if Yu Suzuki doesn't get to finish this story, it'll be a tragedy
2) Street Fighter 2: The World Warrior - Although long surpassed by it's updates and other fighting series, this game redefined the genre, if it wasn't for this, we wouldn't of seen the likes of Soul Calibur and Virtua Fighter.
1) Sonic 3 & Knuckles - I only put 1 Sonic game in this list for a reason, to prevent me from listing the entire Sonic series as my top 5. XD Anyways, although I actually prefer Sonic CD over this, S3&K is probably Sonic's best game, therefor it gets my Number 1. :-)

I don't really have the patience to play RPGs, thats why theres no Zeldas or Final Fantasys in my Top 5. heh

Lezta
25th September 2004, 05:52 PM
5. Command and Conquer. (The original and probably the only RTS I've ever played that felt... realistic. The way that actually moving units means tanks miss etc. The way tank rushes are quite hard to pull off (compared to a modern RTS). I just love it) PC

4. Final Fantasy VII (Overrated? Very much so. Incredibly cool? Very much so. I just love the game and it was the first console RPG I ever played. The only one I ever enjoyed too) PS1

3. Civilisation. (A very, very cool game. One of the most violent games ever too. Thousands (millions?) of civilians dead? Good stuff. One of the first games I played as a kid; and I still enjoy it) PC

2. Half Life. (A game I still play and enjoy as much as I did when I got it. *shrugs*) PC

1. Sonic 2. (No game, EVER, has come as close to the amount of pure joy I get playing this game. The level design, the soundtrack, everything. It's all perfect) Mega Drive

Very, very brief reasoning behind my love of the games; but I'm tired. I feel proud not to have listed a game before 1998.

The_Missing_Link
25th September 2004, 06:13 PM
I have limited game knowledge (well, compared to you guys) but I shall attempt my own list

1) Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64) - Absolutely stunning. The first 3D game I truly enjoyed and it's fun to play it again and again

2) Super Smash Brothers Melee (GC) - A lot better than the original and I would enjoy it a lot more if I had people to play it against

3) Super Mario Brothers 3 (SNES) - It really is a great Mario game and it nevers gets old to me

4) Sonic 3 and Knuckles (Sega Genesis) - I love any Sonic game from the Genesis era but this one was a personal favorite

5) Duck Hunt (NES) - I know, a stupid addition but I thought it was a great game. Plus, it had the cool gun

DarkTemplarZ
25th September 2004, 07:01 PM
1) Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2)
Far and away the best in my book. If all it had was the radio and driving it would be worth playing, the hilarious talk shows, excellent music, and ridiculously funny characters. Then the absolute freedom to do whatever you want whenever you want in the middle of a city is just what makes it an unbelievable game.

2) StarCraft (PC)
Still the best RTS ever made, far and away better than any WarCraft game. Great music, awesome story, absorbing multiplayer, three completely different races that each take time to master, just an awesome game.

3) Devil May Cry (PS2)
Original, insanely difficult, awesome gameplay. Used to have so much fun with my friends fighting all the bosses sometimes for hours and losing every time.

4) Final Fantasy VII (PS)
It's FF7, nuff said.

5) Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Xbox)
I never thought I'd put up an Xbox game as one of my top five but still, KotOR was just an amazing game. 70+ hours of freedom and fun and branching storylines.

MetalScyther
26th September 2004, 10:04 AM
2) StarCraft (PC)
Still the best RTS ever made, far and away better than any WarCraft game.

*gives you a high five*

Heald
26th September 2004, 02:09 PM
I'd like to change my votes due to reconsideration.

1. The Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time (N64) - Best game ever.
2. GTA:VC (PS2/PC/Xbox) - The best installment of the excellent series. Bigger, better, badder than GTA3.
3. Goldeneye (N64) - Best FPS ever.
4. Starcraft (PC) - Best RTS ever.
5. Rollercoaster Tycoon (PC) - The best management game ever made by one man. Genius. And for future reference, miles better than crappy number 2. Fingers crossed number 3 doesn't go tits up like the last one did.

ryandude713
26th September 2004, 02:43 PM
1. Chrono Trigger
2. Final Fantasy VI
3. Xenosaga
4. .hack
5. Final Fantasy VII

xenosaga should not count
it was more cutscene than actual gameplay

PNT510
26th September 2004, 03:22 PM
xenosaga should not count
it was more cutscene than actual gameplay
No it wasn't.

HavoX
26th September 2004, 03:41 PM
5.) Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES/SNES/GBA) - How could I ever forget that lovable Italian plumber? I love this game. What else could be fun than wearing a Tanooki suit... or even a Hammer Suit? http://www.quake3world.com/ubb/icons/icon25.gif

4.) DooM 2 (PC) - There a lot of reasons why this game's great (I'm just too lazy to list them)

3.) Sonic 3 and Knuckles (Sega Genesis) - Thanks to the game's unique "Lock-On Technology", you could plug in a Sonic 3 cart into that cart and play a totally new game... if you know what I mean http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

2.) Pokémon FR/LG (GBA) - a remake of the Red/Blue version using the same engine as Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, and presto! A new classic, but not good enough to top No. 1, which is...

1.) DooM 3 (PC) - Turn out the lights. Close the curtains. Get the surround-sound speakers (if available) in place. Crank up the volumes, and say goodbye to sanity for the next 20-odd hours as you let yourself be scared shitless. Until Quake 4 is released, DooM 3 is, without a doubt, THE greatest game I have ever played.

Heald
26th September 2004, 03:47 PM
4.) DooM 2 (PC) - There a lot of reasons why this game's great (I'm just too lazy to list them)

2.) Pokémon FR/LG (GBA) - a remake of the Red/Blue version using the same engine as Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, and presto! A new classic, but not good enough to top No. 1, which is...

1.) DooM 3 (PC) - Turn out the lights. Close the curtains. Get the surround-sound speakers (if available) in place. Crank up the volumes, and say goodbye to sanity for the next 20-odd hours as you let yourself be scared shitless. Until Quake 4 is released, DooM 3 is, without a doubt, THE greatest game I have ever played.Gee, how did I guess these would be in your top 5 :rolleyes:

kainashi
26th September 2004, 04:44 PM
Gee, how did I guess these would be in your top 5 :rolleyes:i would never have guessed! :rolleyes:

here is my TOP 5;
1. legend of zelda: ocarina of time (n64)
2. goldeneye (n64)
3. super mario 64 (n64, duh)
4. call of duty (pc)
5. super mario world (snes)

so many great games to choose from. probably am forgetting some but those are the ones i could think of. too many great ones to choose from.

Animelee
26th September 2004, 04:53 PM

The game came out on September 16, though I "got" it on September 14. My post was made on September 22.

No.

See above.

He's just a rabid fanboy.

That is true, except I like all kinds of cartoons, not just Japanese ones.

phaedrus
26th September 2004, 08:05 PM
you all have forced me to post today.

1. the legend of zelda: ocarina of time (any zelda game for that matter)
2. diablo ii: lord of destruction
3. super smash bros. melee
4. mario kart: doubledash
5. starcraft

i put #6 because i ****ing can.

RAZ EDIT: As a matter of fact, no, you can't.

fat man with a monkey
26th September 2004, 08:39 PM
My list, as follows.
1. Space Invaders (arcade, PC)
Ownage ensues.
2. Kingdom Hearts (ps2)
Pimp.
3. Unreal Tournament (PC, Dreamcast. ps2 version sucked)
Classic cool.
4. Mechwarrior series (PC + various)
Chicks dig giant robots.
5. Red Faction (ps2)
Geo-mod rocks my socks.

MetalScyther
26th September 2004, 10:21 PM
3) Shenmue 2 - A ****ing masterpiece, if Yu Suzuki doesn't get to finish this story, it'll be a tragedy

I don't really have the patience to play RPGs, thats why theres no Zeldas or Final Fantasys in my Top 5. heh

Question. If you don't have the patience to play through RPGs, how did you last through Shenmue? Shenmue I is seen by most people to be pretty damn boring, and I have to agree. If I wouldn't of spent a lot of money on Shenmue (hey, 20 bucks was a lot for me at the time), I probably wouldn't of finished it due to it being so boring until Disc 3. After disc 3 though I bought the second one. :] Shenmue II is far from boring and probably dreamcast's best game IMO.

Anyway if you are awaiting shenmue III, sites have reported that Yu is going to release it for XBox or next-generation consoles. My magazine also mentioned an online massively multiplayer Shenmue game that is in development. That is weird. :S

Strider
27th September 2004, 08:01 PM
So many games, too hard to choose, but...

5. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
4. Silent Hill 2
3. Super Metroid
2. Final Fantasy VII
1. Xenogears

It's almost painful.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
28th September 2004, 08:17 AM
as you let yourself be scared shitless

By Doom 3? Lol, that game had absolutely nothing scary on it as you could expect 99 % of all enemy "surprise" attacks. The game telegraphed them everywhere. I got startled twice in the entire game, twice by mobs waiting behind doors and twice because I was unattentive for a moment and didn't focus on the game. Doom 3 is a very decent game ... but you promise the audience too much here IMO. =/

Adz44
28th September 2004, 09:44 AM
I think I know what HavoX meant. While the game doesn't leave me crying in a corner, it is a very intense game. Sometimes you can hear noises and you don't know where it's coming from. That and the darkness really builds the atmosphere for Doom 3. I'm not scared of the actual monsters, I just get a bit jumpy when the show up all of a sudden (especially with headphones on). lol I think Doom 3 is more of a 'shock horror' than anything. Great game, though.

Anyway, let the voting continue...not that you needed me to say that...

Metallix
28th September 2004, 02:16 PM
Question. If you don't have the patience to play through RPGs, how did you last through Shenmue? Shenmue I is seen by most people to be pretty damn boring, and I have to agree. If I wouldn't of spent a lot of money on Shenmue (hey, 20 bucks was a lot for me at the time), I probably wouldn't of finished it due to it being so boring until Disc 3. After disc 3 though I bought the second one. :] Shenmue II is far from boring and probably dreamcast's best game IMO.

I really played Shenmue 1 on-off for a few months before I finally beat it, and shortly before Shenmue 2 was released, I played through it again (Had it beat in less than a week this time).

Besides, the arcade was a distraction from the more boring stuff. XD

Boy of Enders
28th September 2004, 04:22 PM
Oh, this is quite a tough decision. Requires me to go over all those games i've played and pick the bests.. Well I'll take a shot at it.

1. FFVII- Wicked game, yes its over rated, but i still love it... love it so...

2.Legacy of Kain: Soul reaver... This game introduced me to the legacy of kain series, and for that it gets to be 2nd on this list.

3. Xenogears- Wickedly amazing game.

This is where it gets difficult for me...

4. Starcraft- Thinking about it for this post has caused me to want to go play it.

5. Morrowind- Its an open ended and truely orgasmic rpg. It's been on my comp since it came out, and i've still yet to actually finish the main quest.

Honourable mentions: I had a list here originally but when it reached 20+ games i said screw it i aint writing that.

Adz44
29th September 2004, 07:40 AM
Sorry to butt in again, but why is FFVII considered to be over-rated? It has a great storyline, great characters and great gameplay. What's the problem? lol

I don't think it has any special treatment because it was the first 3D FF. Graphics mean crap all at the end of the day. I can name a few over-rated games (I'm pleased to say I haven't seen any in this topic), but FFVII isn't one of them.

PNT510
29th September 2004, 07:45 AM
Sorry to butt in again, but why is FFVII considered to be over-rated? It has a great storyline, great characters and great gameplay. What's the problem? lol

I don't think it has any special treatment because it was the first 3D FF. Graphics mean crap all at the end of the day. I can name a few over-rated games (I'm pleased to say I haven't seen any in this topic), but FFVII isn't one of them.
Some people think it's over rated because "crap storyline, boring characters, and easy gameplay". Personally most people I know who say they don't like FFVII haven't even beat the game, they just say they don't like it because it's the popular thing to say.

Razola
29th September 2004, 10:56 AM
Just a heads up: last day to post a list is Monday.

Pichu
29th September 2004, 12:41 PM
I don't play games much, and limited knowledge and no clue what kind of games is good or bad now... so ...

After serious pondering, the list is as follows:

5. Gunbound (PC)
4. Shattered Galaxy (PC)
3. Pokémon Emerald (Emulator.) XD
2. Final Fantasy VII (PC)
1. Zelda 3: Link to the Past. (SNES)

:x

Crazy
29th September 2004, 04:15 PM
Ahem I must butt in. Graphics do mean crap at the end of the day because they affect the overall experience which helps out in the gameplay department. I had to say that.

Adz44
29th September 2004, 05:42 PM
Ahem I must butt in. Graphics do mean crap at the end of the day because they affect the overall experience which helps out in the gameplay department. I had to say that.

True. Graphics can have an effect on gameplay in certain games. Would there have been any point if Doom 3 had graphics that are 7 years old? I'm not too sure...

What I'm getting at are the people who look at old game and say "Ha ha! The graphics are rubbish! I'm not playing that!". Same goes for the people who say "The graphics are amazing! I know crap all about the actual gameplay, but I'll buy it because it looks fantastic!".

For me, gameplay is the most important thing. If a game with good gameplay has fancy graphics as well, I consider it a bonus.

Austrian ViceMaster Alex
30th September 2004, 05:08 AM
In my opinion the graphics are the least important part of the game. There are great games with bad graphics but I've never seen a great game with bad gameplay.

It's of course important though how you define "bad". Bad as in "state of the art 10 years ago" or bad as in "bugged and looking like my 10 year cousin drew it" or bad as in "not fitting to the game (e.g. Half Life with cartoon graphics)" or bad as in "not detailed enough" ...

Graphics weigh a lot to the general ambience of a game, just like the music and storyline.

For some gaming genres graphics are also more important than in other ones. Tetris doesn't need top notch graphics but shooters sure do.

Unfortunately we live in a time when the first look counts though and the graphics are what you see first. So if they are "bad" in your eyes, no matter what your defnition of bad is, you'll probably not even look at the game and probably miss a real gaming pearl. It's like judging a book by its cover.

Crazy
30th September 2004, 06:08 AM
Wrong,wrong. I define bad as in buggy and just plain undetailed. I like Morrowind a lot and while it isn't "great looking"I still like it. It has a considerable amount of detail and for the most part it isn't buggy. Animal Crossing also isn't that great in the graphics dept. but it is till a pretty fun game. See what I mean? I am saying that most games in this day and age should at least look decent.

Drago
30th September 2004, 06:48 AM
5. Super Mario Kart (SNES)
4. Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES)
3. Sonic 3 & Knuckles (Genesis)
2. Final Fantasy VII (PSX)
1. Super Mario 64 (N64)

Keep in mind, a great deal of my opinion is tainted by nostalgia.

Mew2-formally known as Evee67-
2nd October 2004, 03:37 PM
5.Street Fighter II TUrbo: Hyper Fighting(SNES)
4.Super Mario Kart(Snes)
3.FF VI(SNES)
2.Chrono Cross(PSX)
1.Chrono Trigger(SNES)

Heald
9th October 2004, 03:19 PM
Er, Raz, results?

Razola
9th October 2004, 09:46 PM
A big paper in Victorian Literature that's worth almost half your grade = little free time. I'll try to have it done soon.

Krystalline Kabutops
9th October 2004, 10:00 PM
1. Jak 2 (PS2)
2. Kingdom Hearts (PS2)
3. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64)
4. Halo (XBox)
5. Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC)

Toxicity
10th October 2004, 12:04 AM
1. Yoshi's Story (N64) - Sorry, it's a game that will forever stick with me.
2. Kingdom Hearts (PS2) - Not exactly the biggest Disney fan, but it did give me a reason to hold the PS2 hostage for a while.
3. Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal (GBC) - Even though RBY brought the craze to me, GSC brought us PokeRus, Breeding, and the only game with 16 badges to earn and a tough-as-hell final battle.
4. Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga (GBA) - Non-Christmas gift I got when it was released. It revived my interest in Mario.
5. Paper Mario (N64) - Can't wait until the sequal is out

Neo-Xantios
10th October 2004, 03:55 AM
1) WarCraft III (PC)
2) StarCraft (PC)
3) Diablo II (PC)
4) Final Fantasy VIII (PC/PS)
5) Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS2)

Heald
10th October 2004, 05:48 AM
A big paper in Victorian Literature that's worth almost half your grade = little free time. I'll try to have it done soon.Okay, I understand, considering I should be doing an essay at this very moment on Shakespeare...

Orion
10th October 2004, 08:50 PM
Guess I'm in a good time. That's great...

1. Final Fantasy IV
The oldest FF I've played, yet one of the best. Awesome storyline (From where most FFs afterwards took a bit of.); simple, yet interesting characters. Also, it has my favorite of all FF styles (Everyone has given and different abilities among each other, not crappy and cheap customization.). Plus, it was one of the few Final Fantasies that was actually difficult. The PSX ones were way too easy. Prolly the only RPG I could restart over and over.

2. Chrono Trigger
One of, if not the best SNES Game ever. Good enough storyline, awesome music, dynamic battle system, plus the first RPG in all history that included the option to restart the adventure with your current Level, Items and such (New Game ++.). An option that should be more common. Add a big amount of different-and-funny endings and you have a jewel of the RPG world.

3. Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire/Colosseum/Fire Red/Leaf Green/Emerald.
As a Pokéfan, I can't leave my favorite Generation aside. A nice and interactive game (R/S), the most controversial Pokémon game ever (Colosseum), the great remakes of the first Pokémon games ever (FR/LG) and a Special version that's actually worth it (Emerald)... this Generation has everything I could pay. Still good Ol' Pokémon, and maybe a bit too repetitive, but still awesome games nonetheless.

4. Final Fantasy VII
Yep, I am a RPG whore. The first TRUE Final Fantasy I played (Mystic Quest was crap :P). While I hated many characters, this game had pretty much everything a RPG lover could pay. Deep storyline, a great villain, a deep-but-annoying main character, a word filled with variety all over, awesome Summons, some of the best FF music ever, a weird, yet easy and cool Battle and customization system, LOADS of side-quests, and an involving plot at every second... in the opinion of many, the best game ever. I can just agree with'em.

5. Super Smash Bros. Melee
The only non-RPG of my list. A great Multiplayer game in all aspects. Stunning and fun battles, loads of items and powers, pre-established events, fun gameplay. Add in the characters and places of the Nintendo Universe and you have one of the most exciting and creative games ever made! A must for any GCN owner, and I hope I can get one soon... I can't stand not having it anymore!

Really sure none of my choices will make it... but it'd be shocking if they did.

Razola
10th October 2004, 09:35 PM
Okay, I understand, considering I should be doing an essay at this very moment on Shakespeare...
SHAKESPEARE IS NOT VICTORIAN.

Heald
11th October 2004, 12:55 PM
SHAKESPEARE IS NOT VICTORIAN.I never said he was.

And Shakespeare is much harder than Victorian. You can actually read Victorian without having an aneurism.

PS100
11th October 2004, 02:29 PM
1) Final Fantasy 7(PSX): Best storyline, best characters, best villain, best gameplay of any game I have had the pleasure of playing. Simply amazing. 'Nuff said.

2) Super Mario Bros.(NES, SNES): Revolutionized the video game era. Put Nintendo on the map. Still replayable, even to this day. What more could you ask for from a game?

3) Starcraft(PC): Made people rethink the way RTS were made. It also showed Blizzard, the king of RTS, that not everyone wants interchangable units for their races/armies. Effects from SC are still seen in RTS's being made today.

4) Doom(Sega Genesis(?)): Granddaddy of FPS's. the Conflict series, Medal of Honor, Rainbox Six... they all have Doom to thank for what success they've had.

5) Halo(Xbox): Xbox's one game with a true cult following. Best-selling shooter in history. Shooters on Xbox are copying its controller set-up; I think that's proof enough that its great.

PS

Heald
11th October 2004, 02:40 PM
4) Doom(Sega Genesis(?))Try PC. That was the platform it originally came out on.

PNT510
11th October 2004, 05:34 PM
1) Final Fantasy 7(PSX): Best storyline, best characters, best villain, best gameplay of any game I have had the pleasure of playing. Simply amazing. 'Nuff said.

2) Super Mario Bros.(NES, SNES): Revolutionized the video game era. Put Nintendo on the map. Still replayable, even to this day. What more could you ask for from a game?

3) Starcraft(PC): Made people rethink the way RTS were made. It also showed Blizzard, the king of RTS, that not everyone wants interchangable units for their races/armies. Effects from SC are still seen in RTS's being made today.

4) Doom(Sega Genesis(?)): Granddaddy of FPS's. the Conflict series, Medal of Honor, Rainbox Six... they all have Doom to thank for what success they've had.

5) Halo(Xbox): Xbox's one game with a true cult following. Best-selling shooter in history. Shooters on Xbox are copying its controller set-up; I think that's proof enough that its great.

PS
How can a game that has sold over 4 million copies have a cult following?

MetalScyther
11th October 2004, 09:17 PM
Better question yet: what the hell is a "cult following?" Never herad that terminology.

PNT510
11th October 2004, 10:29 PM
Better question yet: what the hell is a "cult following?" Never herad that terminology.
A cult following is a small, but extremely loyal following.

ryandude713
8th November 2004, 11:20 PM
are there ever going to be results?

Adz44
9th November 2004, 09:36 AM
Well, I'm not sure if Vice City is in contention...but if it is, I'm not sure if the results are 100% accurate anymore. As good as it is, San Andreas is easily better. I'm sure there's others that would agree.

Anyway, probably best not to mess with the voting at this stage. San Andreas will probably have a chance to figure in the next "Best Game Ever" poll. I'd still stick with FFVII as my favourite, though. lol

Kyl3
13th November 2004, 06:52 PM
1. Duck Hunt (NES)
2. Super Mario Bros. 3 (GBA/SNES)
3. SSBM (GCN)
4. CoD/UO (PC)
5. Doom 3 (PC) (This is a good game, it preforms very well on my GeForce 3 22.9 FPS)

Jeff
13th November 2004, 09:21 PM
Well here's my list...

5. Pokemon GSC (GB), an improvement over RBY, and RSE sadly took out alot of good stuff.
4. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
3. Super Mario World (SNES)
2. Tetris Attack (SNES) (very addictive)
1. Super Smash Brothers Melee (GC)

Cheesey
14th November 2004, 06:02 AM
Didn't Raz say that the last votes were to be in by early October? Or did I miss something... Anyway, just wondering, will any lists posted after the deadline count in the final results?

Sceptile_Master
15th November 2004, 02:48 PM
Okay then you know these are the BEST 5 games EVER

5) Final fantasy X (PS2)

Good storyline and great graphics. the main thing that makes this game so great is that it has so much to keep you going, doing it all will be a long, long trip especially if you have the EU version.

4) Sonic 3 and knuckles (Mega drive/genesis)

I played this game to death. i was completely obsessed. It kept me going for ages and ages and ages. You wouldn't believe how addicted I was.

3) Kingdom hearts (PS2)

I was sucked in by the superb amount of challenges and the story line. You could keep finding crazy ways to test yourself. The lv 100 on destiny island challenge is the hardest thing ever (still only lv 31).

2) Pokemon advanced generation.

You know its good. i played ruby and sapphire more than any other pokemon game. I don't know why i just played it sooo much trying to find out all these new things. A master peice definetely.

1) Final Fantasy VII (bet you didn't see that coming *sarcasm*)

You can't call it over rated because something this good no matter how much you worship it is under rated as it is that great. SO GOOD IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE.

Mwaha you know its true.

pokemasterfrank
21st November 2004, 05:15 PM
1. Commander Keen

Hahahahahaha. I remember playing that game. It came with my first PC :rotfl: DOS games pwn :P

Yeah, I'll just say that my gaming pool is quite limited as well...

5. Pokemon Gold/Silver ~ I see it as a Red/Blue improvement. It added time and color and stuff to it. It was enjoyable to play, I suppose.

4. SSBM ~ I suck at Super Smash, but its a fun game :o

3. Bloody Roar ~ It was the only Fighting Game I was ever good at ._.;; For some reason, people are too linear while playing Fighting Games. Abuse of Sidestep = uber

2. Ragnarok Online ~ Something about this game is quite addicting @_@ I spent my summer playing this game, even ditching Halo for it. It was crazy. Only problem is that now, I don't have the effort to start a new char. Very time consuming, but fun.

1. Halo for PC ~ I was never good with controlers of any sort, so mouse and keyboard were better for me. It has an awesome multiplayer and I can't wait for Halo 2 for PC (they damn better do so >_>).

dratinihaunter13
29th November 2004, 03:19 AM
If it can still count:

1. Super Smash Bros. Melee (GCN) - I just might die for this game, even if nobody asked me to.

2. Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES, SNES)

3. Halo (Xbox)

4. Pokemon GSC (GBA)

5. NHL 97 (SNES) - Might as well get in a personal favorite at this spot :D

Misty's Tears
22nd December 2004, 08:49 PM
1.Pokemon Red/Blue(GB)
This is eternal. Best game ever created (aside from chess).

2.SSBM(GCN)
Amazing game with tons of replay value.

3.Pokemon Puzzle Leauge(N64)
Since i've played this more than any game in my entire life, its on the list. It's an endless hundreds and hundreds hours of enjoyment.

4.The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time(GCN)
There's so many noteworthy zelda games; this is the best of the whole lot.

5.Tales of Symphonia(GCN)
This is an incredible game that everyone should buy. The story, the battle system, everything is impressive. Squeaks by Chrono Trigger for the 5th slot.

shazza
26th December 2004, 09:34 AM
1. goldeneye (n64)

2. halo (xbox)

3. super mario 64 (n64)

4. halo 2 (xbox)

5. super mario bros 3 (nes)

MToolen
28th December 2004, 01:48 AM
1. Half-Life (PC)

Such an immersive title could garner no more than my deepest respect. That is, until I play HL2.

2. Halo (X-Box)

I dunno... I liked the original a whole lot better than the sequel.

3. Super Smash Bros. Melee (GCN)

The ultimate party game, bar Halo.

4. Soul Calibur II (GCN)

Another excellent title. Perks for Weapon Master mode.

5. Tetris (NES, GB, PC, etc.)

One of the few games to tap into the human psyche (http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/nes/review/R37497.html) and rip at it like a tick.

Greyfox
28th December 2004, 06:04 AM
Since people are still posting their lists:

5] SUPER MARIO KART [Nintendo - SNES]
The original kart racing game. Including several Mario-family characters, each having their own unique racing style. Why is this Mario Kart better than the others? One word: Feather.

4] FINAL FANTASY VII [Squareenix - PSX]
Arguably the best of the franchise. FFSeven included an addictive battle system and an inspiring storyline truly like no other. It turned people on to videogames, and revolutionised the RPG genre.

3] SONIC the HEDGEHOG 3 & KNUCKLES [Sega - Genesis]
True, you have to buy two cartridges to truly engulf yourself with this game, but its definately worth it. The graphics were incredible for their time, and the music was superb. Plus, it had three characters that you'll probably never see again: Hypersonic, Hyperknuckles, and Supertails...

2] SUPER MARIO BROS. 3 [Nintendo - NES]
Just as Sonic the Hedgehog peeked at the third game, so did the Mario Bros. franchise. Included eight in depth and unique worlds to envelop yourself in, as well as several special suits and flowers to make your experience all the better.

1] CHRONO TRIGGER [Squareenix - SNES]
Time travel and robots. Enough said.

That was fun...

Leon-IH
30th December 2004, 08:18 AM
1. Fire Emblem (GBA)
~ screw Final Fantasy Tactics, Fire Emblem has a decent range of charecters and less gay item powar.

2. Warcraft 2 (PC)
~ Best RTS ever IMO, really pioneered online gaming too.

3. Super Mario Kart (SNES)
~ Yep.

4. Advance Wars (GBA)
~ not fire emblem, but I thought it was more like warcraft anyway, good strategy game.

5. Dr. Mario (SNES)
~ was included with the old snes tetris so I tried it and fell in love hehe.

The Muffin Man
30th December 2004, 12:16 PM
5.Metroid Zero Mission
-Amazing game

4.Secret of Evermore
-One of the most underrated SNES games of all time.

3.Super Mario 3
-Need I say ANY more?

2.Chrono Trigger
-Amazing game. Again.

1.EarthBound
-My all-time favorite game and, in my opinion, one of the best games ever made.

The Blue Avenger
1st January 2005, 09:48 PM
Since lists are still being posted, I guess I'll post mine. I don't have a very large knowledge of games, though; I am a relative newcomer to the world of games.

5. Golden Sun 1 and 2. An absorbing plot, good characters and great GBA graphics make these games solid GBA RPGs.

4. Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2. The almost-ultimate party games.

3. Super Smash Brothers (N64 and GC). They still remain the ultimate party games.

2. Paper Mario (N64 and GC). They both tie for 2. A great battle system and awesome music (I'm listening to Keeping Pace as we speak).

1. Earthbound. I am surprised that nobody else, bar TMM, mentioned this gem of a game. Humor, brilliant dialogue, and a solid storyline, this is easily the best game ever.

internal dragon
1st January 2005, 10:16 PM
1)Halo 2
2)Devil May Cry
3)Ninja Gaiden
4)Final Fantasy X
5)Metroid Prime

The Muffin Man
1st January 2005, 11:23 PM
Since lists are still being posted, I guess I'll post mine. I don't have a very large knowledge of games, though; I am a relative newcomer to the world of games.

5. Golden Sun 1 and 2. An absorbing plot, good characters and great GBA graphics make these games solid GBA RPGs.

4. Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2. The almost-ultimate party games.

3. Super Smash Brothers (N64 and GC). They still remain the ultimate party games.

2. Paper Mario (N64 and GC). They both tie for 2. A great battle system and awesome music (I'm listening to Keeping Pace as we speak).

1. Earthbound. I am surprised that nobody else, bar TMM, mentioned this gem of a game. Humor, brilliant dialogue, and a solid storyline, this is easily the best game ever.
Yeah, where's the EarthBound love?

You know what? Don't go to heaven!

I love that game :D

Razola
2nd January 2005, 01:57 AM
Every time I try playing Earthbound, for the past decadem some unseen force has ceased my progress.

When the game first launched, I rented it and could never get my brother or friends off it.

Several attempts at emulation have recently in freak vanishings of my ROM folder. And I can't find my old SNES. God forbid if it suffered the same fate as my beloved NES.

We need more RPGs that don't take themselves seriously. In all honesty, there should be a law requiring hippies to be an enemy in them.

Andrew
2nd January 2005, 03:29 AM
Ok TPM, here's your BEST GAME EVER.

Notes - I condensed all the Street Fighter 2 Votes.
- I hate you bitches who nominate multiple games in one position
- I'm frikken awesome for tallying this all. Post your thanks.

Guardian Heroes - 1
Splinter Cell : Pandora Tommorrow - 1
Realms of Arkania - Star Trail - 1
Final Fantasy Tactics - 1
Mystic Towers - 1
Pokemon Puzzle Challenge - 1
Disgea - Hour of Darkness - 1
Command and Conquer - 1
Rollercoaster Tycoon - 1
Red Faction - 1
Super Mario World 2 : Yoshi's Island - 1
Gunbound - 1
Legend of Zelda : Wind Waker - 1
Metal Gear Solid 2 - 1
Tales of Symphonia - 1
NHL 97 - 1
Dr Mario - 1
Metroid Prime - 1
Metroid Zero Mission - 1

Animal Crossing - 2
Doom 2- 2
Theif 2 : The Metal Age - 2
Lunar: The Silver Star - 2
Gex 2 - 2
Gex 3 - 2
Steel Battalion - 2
Mario Kart : Double Dash - 2
Doom - 2
Shenmue I - 2
Mechwarrior - 2
Shattered Galaxy - 2
Call Of Duty - 2
Silent Hill 2 - 2
Call Of Duty - 2
Mario and Luigi - Superstar Saga - 2
Final Fantasy 8 - 2
Secret Of Evermore - 2
Super Monkey Ball 1 - 2
Super Monkey Ball 2 - 2

Twisted Metal 2 - 3
The Sims - 3
Counter Strike - 3
Fallout 2 - 3
Final Fantasy 10 - 3
Max Payne - 3
Civilization
Xenosaga - 3
Advance Wars - 3
Unreal Tournament - 3
Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask - 3
Pokemon Colosseum - 3
Ninja Gaiden - 3
Pokemon Puzzle League - 3
Bloody Roar - 3

The Legend of Zelda : Link's Awakening - 4
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - 4
Bubble Bobble - 4
Roller Tycoon 2 - 4
Pokemon Fire Red / Leaf Green - 4
Megaman 3 - 4
Morrowind - 4
Wario Ware - 4
Legacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver - 4
Chrono Cross - 4
Raganork Online - 4
Tetris Attack - 4
Warcraft 2 - 4

F-Zero: GX - 5
Shining Force 2 - 5
Castlevania - Symphony of the Night - 5
Commander Keen - 5
GTA 3 - 5
.Hack - 5
Shenmue II - 5
Sonic 2 - 5
Space Invaders - 5
XenoGears - 5
Jak 2 - 5
Final Fantasy 4 - 5
Golden Sun 1 - 5
Golden Sun 2 - 5
Yoshi's Story - 5
Paper Mario 64 - 5

Duck Hunt - 6
Doom 3 - 6

Super Metroid - 7
Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire - 7
Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal - 7
Halo 2 - 7
Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow -7
Devil May Cry - 7
Star Wars : Knights of the old republic - 7
Super Mario Kart - 7
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest - 7

Pokemon Emerald - 8
Diablo 2 - Lord of Destruction (PC) - 8
Super Mario Brothers - 8

Fire Emblem - 9

Tetris - 10
Earthbound - 10
Super Mario World - 10

GTA: Vice City - 11

Street Fighter 2 - 12
Half Life - 12

Warcraft 3 - 13
Mario 64 - 13
Final Fantasy 6 - 13

Soul Calibur 2 - 15

Goldeneye - 16

Kingdom Hearts - 19
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the past - 19

Halo - 21
Sonic 3 - 21

Starcraft - 22

5) Chrono Trigger - 31

4) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - 32

3 ) Super Mario Brothers 3 - 39

2) Super Smash Bros. Melee - 46

1)Final Fantasy 7 - 47

That's how close it was. Creepy, eh?

The Blue Avenger
2nd January 2005, 09:01 AM
Cool. No surprise that FF7 took the top spot - I know so many people who love that game to pieces... they have advised me to buy the system (the PSX, right?) to get that game. But SSBM was a lot closer than I expected.

Go EB! Beat all those other games! (Although it would have been hilarious to see it in third place...)

Adz44
2nd January 2005, 02:09 PM
I'm quite happy with that Top 5. Great games the lot of them.

andyizcool
2nd January 2005, 02:38 PM
The top 5 games seem to be games overrated like Final Fantasy VII, Super Smash Bros. Melee, and Zelda. I like Final Fantasy VII because it's a good game but I just think everyone makes such a deal about it. Just shows how many fans these games really have. :)

Jeff
2nd January 2005, 08:29 PM
Cool, two of the games I voted for took the top 5, and SSBM is not overrated...

PNT510
2nd January 2005, 09:43 PM
SSB:M is extremely over rated. I would say SSB:M is more over rated than any other game of all time. It's an alright fighting game, nothing that great, yet so many people think it's one of the best games ever.

Drago
3rd January 2005, 12:30 AM
Yeah, SSB:M is overrated. Seriously overrated.
If you're talking about multiplayer party potential, it's a really good game. It's fast-paced, high-octane, and just generally zany.
One of the best ever games, however? Not by a long shot.

The adventure mode is weak, most of the special melee options are useless, and there are far too many questionable roster choices (Dr. Mario over Wario?), many of whom are clones, anyway.

I'm not saying my list is superior by any means, but SSB:M is definitely too flawed to gain the acclaim it has. A cult following, it deserves. More than that is pushing it a little, unless it's a contendership for multiplayer gaming. And even then, there is better for party gaming. Not so much on the GC.

I disagree that it is the most overrated game of all time, that's saying a lot... Games like Donkey Kong 64 were largely overrated, things that were high in style, but low in lastability (I don't wanna get all the f'in bananas). Of course, nobody really talks about DK64 anymore anyway, sort of pushing it out of the spotlight, but at the time of its release, it really wasn't as good as people said.
Someone with more gaming years could probably come up with something better than that, though. I only go back as far as the beginning of the SNES.

EDIT: Thanks for posting it, Werdnazo. Yeah, it took me a couple minutes to remember that. I'm an ungrateful git.
EDIT2: Why bother posting a reply, this way I can condense things.
Anyway Mike, I personally consider Melee to be more overrated than Halo 2 due to the fact that, (while Halo 2 is indeed overrated) Melee lacked in some serious departments. It's also had time to die down, and yet still, we're hearing about it. A game that, imo, scores a 78, doesn't deserve to be so loved some three years after its release.

And if anyone thinks I'm claiming this because I prefer Halo to Melee, I just want to falsify that. I love Melee, I play it all the time, but from my experiences with Halo 2, its hype is more justified. Funnily enough, I thought the first Halo was overrated, though. Meh, guess I just have weird preferences.

The Muffin Man
3rd January 2005, 12:33 AM
People who claim Melee is overrated have no experienced Halo 2s hype-fest.

ryandude713
3rd January 2005, 12:53 AM
People who claim Melee is overrated have no experienced Halo 2s hype-fest.

You stole the words from my brain.
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

Sceptile_Master
3rd January 2005, 08:17 AM
The top 5 games seem to be games overrated like Final Fantasy VII, Super Smash Bros. Melee, and Zelda. I like Final Fantasy VII because it's a good game but I just think everyone makes such a deal about it. Just shows how many fans these games really have. :)

Final Fantasy 7 is so good it can't be overrated no matter how hard you try.

Misty
3rd January 2005, 08:48 AM
Believe me, FFVII is spectacularly overrated - go to GameFAQs sometime(but avoid the Summer Contest board, the elitists there hate it).

Anyway, I'd say that's a decent list - but LttP should have been higher >:(

Lezta
3rd January 2005, 09:01 AM
I'd be curious to see how it all tallys if it was actually done with number one games getting 5 points and number 5 games getting 1 points. I'd work it out but lazy.

andyizcool
3rd January 2005, 09:05 AM
Believe me, FFVII is spectacularly overrated - go to GameFAQs sometime(but avoid the Summer Contest board, the elitists there hate it).
The Final Fantasy VII boards on GameFAQs are full of people saying, "Final Fantasy VII is the elite RPG and we play no other games". Rating it the best Final Fantasy game might be an alright view but then they go to the extremes and rate it the best game ever. So it's overrated and you can't say it isn't. :(

Adz44
3rd January 2005, 10:49 AM
Well, FFVII is my personal favourite. A lot of people will think the same, but not everyone. I like it because of the characters, storyline and gameplay. There's only a few RPGs that I have found equally enjoyable (e.g. Chrono Trigger, Grandia). Even if FFVII is over-rated, I like it for what it is.

...and yes, SSB:M doesn't have depth. It's just great fun. :D

Andrew
3rd January 2005, 04:17 PM
I'd be curious to see how it all tallys if it was actually done with number one games getting 5 points and number 5 games getting 1 points. I'd work it out but lazy.

Well believe me V99, its quite correct, and if all my tallying of fanfic votes in the past doesn't back me up, I don't know what does.

Although, someone who has effort, feel free to contest this.

Lezta
3rd January 2005, 04:26 PM
Well believe me V99, its quite correct, and if all my tallying of fanfic votes in the past doesn't back me up, I don't know what does.

Although, someone who has effort, feel free to contest this.

If that is the case; I salute you sir!