PDA

View Full Version : Victory Dragon + Time Seal Archtype Deck [YGO]

Dark-San
22nd September 2004, 09:10 AM
I havn't been catching up on the game lately. So Jay's offer of an apprentice league for Duel Monsters can keep me updated on the game. Blame the army for the lack of time. I have been finding it difficult to keep up with my animes (Note I'm like 2 days late of downloading FMA and Initial D). Also I've trouble squeezing a bit of time to play a game I've just pick up, Ragnarok Online. Well I could console myself every now and then by telling myself that I can considered myself lucky compared to you know whoever. ;)

The league could also well prepared myself for the November nationals. Winner of that tourney will find himself/herself on his/her way to Taiwan. Yupz the September Tourney has been scrapped in order to prepared for November one. Okay enough talk as always, here goes the real reason why I posted this topic!

Lately Edo had put up a new report. This time a part of the report interest me a lot. The part of where he mentioned of the new archtype that recently making waves in Japan. Its the Victory Dragon + Time Seal deck. I was wondering how this combination worked! I remember reading that particular part and can only understand a minor part of it. Heres the paragraph from the report:

"I found out that three of the top-tier decks involve (a) Scientist-Catapult, (b) Chaos-HanDes (HANDestruction), and belive it or not, (c) Victory Dragon! Though the Victory Dragon deck isn't played by any of the players at the toy store, the most-experienced player explained it to me. Basically, the combo revolves around using Seal of Time (the one that makes your opponent skip his or her next Draw Phase). The key is to use Mask of Darkness and Tsukuyomi (the Spirit that turns things face-down) to cause an endless retrieval of Seal of Time. Playing Victory Dragon is done by using Magical Scientist to Special Summon Dragon Fusion Monsters, and sacrificing them. So, as the game commences, as the loop of skipping Draw Phases continues, your opponent either concedes, or loses the entire MATCH."

Yupz that minor part was on the Mask of Darkness and Tsukuyomi. Now could somebody well explain to me on how Victory Dragon comes into play here? Decks following the explaination is always welcome~

Note: Thanks Edo a part of your report to be put up here. For the full version of the report, click here (http://www.stormpages.com/edhrzic/Yugis23.htm)

Last Exile
22nd September 2004, 09:22 AM
Can someone explain what Victory Dragon is?

Okay, Mask of Darkness to get the trap back, Tsukiyomi to flip Mask back down. That I understand, but what the heck is Victory Dragon?!

I would like to see what this deck could do to the English game. Is there like a standard deck list for this type of deck yet? If so, I'll play it in the regionals and nationals in Australia if it's good enough. (i did sell my cards, but the buyer has everything in the game and he's a judge, so he cant' duel, so he figured I should. ;) )

Paperclip
22nd September 2004, 02:07 PM
I consulted my friend about this(he's a big YGO player) and he told me this:

Victory Dragon states that if this monster is on the field, and your opponent loses a 2/3 game that wasn't your second win, you win the MATCH. Meaning you IGNORE that 2/3 and treat it as a 1/1 match. I'm pretty sure it's just as long as it's on the field, but it might have to do the killing blow, which isn't tough as it ranks up there with Jinzo(2400 ATK)

EDIT - He says Add this in. It requires THREE Dragons to be Sac Summoned(hence Scientist summoning dragons out) and is a 2400/3000 monster so it can survive in Defense mode if it has to...it's a lvl 8 Dark/Dragon, too.

Yoh Asakura
22nd September 2004, 03:06 PM
Ah crap, I was dredding somebody posting this =\

For those who don't know, Victory Dragon is a Kaiba LE pack card.

Victory Dragon
[Dark/Dragon]
[8][2400/3000]
This card can't be Special Summoned. You must sacrifice 3 Dragon
Sub-Type Monsters on your Field to Sacrifice Summon this card.
If this card reduces your opponent's Life Points to 0 in a direct
attack, this card's controller wins the Match.

It has to attack direct in order for it's effect to apply. If you don't understand what that means, it means his attack has to be direct. Battle damage through a monster isn't direct, it has to attack an empty field and reduce life points to 0.

Scientist + 3 Death Demon Dragon x Sacrifice + Direct Attack = Match Win.

A Match consists of 3 duels, if it's pulled off first round then the match is yours.

There's only 1 standard deck type that I know of, and I've only ever seen it pulled off once.

Last Exile
23rd September 2004, 05:44 AM
A decklist would really help explain how to set it up. It just doesn't really make too much sense otherwise.

Dark-San
23rd September 2004, 05:54 AM
Yupz so how on earth does this combo being pieced together? Pls note that if we are to apply the mask of darkness + Tsukuyomi combo, this means that there ain't any chances of normal summoning Magical Scientist. Don't think of special summoning using Early Burial and Cry of the Living Dead either 'cause the chances are super low too. Around 5%? A deck provided would proberly shed some light into this archtype deck.

Last Exile
23rd September 2004, 06:43 AM
COuld be the template for the Scientist + Catapault deck except you use this as the backup instead of Jowgen, Wall of Revealing Light and Last Turn.

Dark-San
23rd September 2004, 07:35 AM
My guess that this deck isn't much like Catapult Turtle. The most important magic element to Catapult Turtle deck, Monster Gate, can't be used to summoned either Mask of Darkness and Victory Dragon. The theme isn't first turn either. My guess that this deck should be a new breed. First of its kind perhaps.

Actually I'm kind of tired of playing against Chaos Hand Destruction, Scientist/Turtle Deck, Reverse World Deck, Horus/Shocker Deck and Undead decks. I only forward to duel with a different kinds of weird decks. So Victory Dragon + Time Seal deck fits the bill.

As for you guys info, the doods at DMC are playing Warrior Decks with Lv 4, 6 and 8 Swordman as the main theme. So whether this deck can pit against them? Well, the answer will come in November if this deck truely works!

Yoh Asakura
23rd September 2004, 12:19 PM
I have a Warrior deck of my own, they're pretty standard now since they have both Search and Revive.

I'm guessing that the deck runs o0n mass draw/mass discard + revival. You know the basic cards for Draw/Discard/Revival. I'm guessing it's that. I'm not 100% sure though, I could ask around and find out the exact type if you'd like, see what comes up. I've only seen it pulled off in a control deck =|

SWAMPERT1
23rd September 2004, 10:40 PM
This sounds like a cool theme. It would be 00ber hard to pull off though but I guess its worth it. I may consider trying one out.

jesschow12
24th September 2004, 06:21 AM
If this card reduces your opponent's Life Points to 0 in a direct
attack, this card's controller wins the Match.

wat does it mean?? even if u use other monster and finish him off,u still win,not quite understand victory dragon's effect

Yoh Asakura
24th September 2004, 12:36 PM
It means it has to take your oponants LP to 0 through a direct attack. So if he attacks a GST and takes LP to 0, it's effect isn't triggered.

jesschow12
24th September 2004, 05:49 PM
still not sure LOL

but the effect doesnt make sense!!
when a player LP is 0 the other player win

So if he attacks a GST and takes LP to 0, it's effect isn't triggered.

so the other player still win right??

Yoh Asakura
24th September 2004, 06:21 PM
Okay let me explain this.

Victory Dragon has to reduce your oponants lifepoints to 0 through a direct attack. That means he has to deal damage from a clean field.

If your oponant has 2300 lifepoints, and has a Beserk Gorilla in play, if you attack with Victory Dragon you'll win that duel but not the match.

If your oponant has no monsters on the field, and he attacks, sends your oponants lifepoints to 0, you win the match.

Duels consists of 3 games. The best 2 out of 3 wins the match.

That make better sense? =\

Last Exile
25th September 2004, 05:32 AM
Makes sense, but how could a deck possibly work for it?!

Only way I see is making a Dragon Deck of some sort.

What would you use? Spear Dragon, Emerald Dragon, Element Dragon, Lord of D.?

I don't see how a deck would be fast enough to work with it. Dragon decks are still pretty slow, arne't they? Or are there extra dragon-theme cards in Asia to make such a deck work?

And how would Time Seal and Tsukiyomi fit in?

I need a deck list or this whole concept doesn't seem readily playable.

Yoh Asakura
25th September 2004, 06:20 AM
1. Use Seal Of Time to stop your oponant drawing (Stall). Recycle it over and over for hand lock.
2. Use Scientist to summon 3 Death Demon Dragons.
3. Sacrifice all 3 to summon Victory Dragon.
4. Gradually lower your oponants lifepoints untill you finish it with an attack from Victory Dragon.

I've built one in App. I just need Altron to sign online so I can test it out and see if it works. If it doesn't work then it's back to the drawing board.

DY explained how it works. Stall untill you can summon. They'll either concede or lose the match.

For those who don't play English and don't know card names. This is the combo:

Seal Of Time + Mask of Darkness + Moon Diviner = Draw Lock.

EDIT Well shit =\ that didn't work very well at all. But my Undead works perfect x]

jesschow12
25th September 2004, 07:12 PM
omg!!!! i gonna try victory dragon!!

bwt the time seal combo is abit hard to get all those 3 cards together even thouhg i didnt try it

btw just 1 newbie question,who has the victory dragon card pic? LOL i really want to know which set has it

Yoh Asakura
26th September 2004, 03:08 AM
omg!!!! i gonna try victory dragon!!

bwt the time seal combo is abit hard to get all those 3 cards together even thouhg i didnt try it

btw just 1 newbie question,who has the victory dragon card pic? LOL i really want to know which set has it

Kaiba Limited Edition Pack 5

LE packs are easy to find, or they are here, and they're not too expensive either.

Victory Dragon is an ickle mini Ra
http://www.cardhaus.com/images/le5-010.jpg

Last Exile
26th September 2004, 10:20 PM
Death Demon Dragon?! What the heck is that?!

And if you summon Magical Scientist, doesn't that break the lock? Or would you do it when you're guaranteed victory?

Without Foolish Burial, Sixth Sense and a few other things , this can't work in English yet. I'm pretty sure Victory Dragon doesn't exist in English yet. And what happens if someone uses Nobleman of Crossout or D. D. Warrior Lady or Exiled Force?

Okay, here's a hypothetical I came up with for ENglish. It probably sucks, but see what you think of it.

Monsters: (15)

Mask of Darkness x 3
Tskuiyomi x 3
Gilasaurus x 3
Cannon Soldier x 3
Magical Scientist
Victory Dragon
Dark Magician of Chaos

Magic: (19)

The Shallow Grave x 3
Reasoning x 3
Monster Gate x 3
Last Will x 3
Book of Moon x 3
Pot of Greed
Painful Choice
Card Destruction
Premature Burial

Traps: (6)

Time Seal x 3
Reversal of Dead x 2
Call of the Haunted

Would that work?

Yoh Asakura
27th September 2004, 12:26 PM
That was close to mine, except I had Foolish burials and the such. Then Altron schooled me =| which didn't amuse me at all. I'll have to do some searching and speaking, see if I can find a basic deck list.

Great minds think alike eh?

Last Exile
29th September 2004, 03:45 AM
Cards that don't exist in English yet should:

Victory Dragon
Foolish Burial
Sixth Sense
Crush Card Virus
Dark Curtain
Marshmallow

and possibly some I forgot.

I would put Foolish Burial in instantly since Reversal of Dead is out in English, but bloody Upperdeck. Japan can do so much more. *sigh*

And yeah, great minds do think alike. ;)