PDA

View Full Version : [P] If you could be a tree, what tree would you be?

Yoh Asakura
22nd September 2004, 03:19 PM
If you could be a tree, what tree would you be?

I'd be an oak.

EmpressMyuu
22nd September 2004, 03:36 PM
I'd be a dogwood. Not only are the flowers beautiful, but it has an amazing story. If you don't know the story, I'll tell it to you now.

Long, long ago, back during Biblical times, the dogwood was a very strong and sturdy tree. When Jesus was to be crucifyed, they chopped down a dogwood to use to make the cross He would be crucifyed on. Then they went through the whole...well, crucification process, and Jesus passed on. When He rose from His grave on Easter Sunday, God "recreated" the dogwood so it would be more frail and less stable so no one could use it to crucify again.

This tree shows symbolism towards the event now, too. The flowers' petals are white, but the tips of the petals are a bit crimson, as if to represent the blood Jesus shed for us. The middle of the flowers look thorny, resembling the crown of thorns Jesus was forced to wear on His head. The dogwood also blooms around Easter, as a reminder of what happened. I've yet to see a dogwood in real life, but I've seen pictures of them, and they are very beautiful.

If I weren't a dogwood, I'd probably be a cherry blossom. Or either an apple tree or a palm tree. ^_^

Typact
22nd September 2004, 04:06 PM
Wow, they certainly go all out when they make up those story things don't they. o___O;

I think I'd be an orange tree. :> I think they're cute, and oranges smell pretty.

aragornbird
22nd September 2004, 04:41 PM
I know!

I would like to be a Huon pine (Dacrydium franklinii)
It is known as the longest living organism in the world. It can live up to 10,000 years!

Kris
22nd September 2004, 05:01 PM
Hmmm Id defiantly be a lime tree, cus I love the lime colour!!

Tainted
22nd September 2004, 05:07 PM
Hmmm Id defiantly be a lime tree, cus I love the lime colour!!

Lime for lime-filled statement. Also limed for agreement. Also am agreeing that I like the color lime... Lime's the secks.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Yoh Asakura
22nd September 2004, 05:13 PM
Lime is my street name, it's also the name of the train station I get off at.

Tainted
22nd September 2004, 05:39 PM
Lime is my street name, it's also the name of the train station I get off at.

Are you by any chance British? We call the British kid that goes to our highschool "Limey," for obvious British reasons. I want a train station named "Lime." That'd be tits.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Yoh Asakura
22nd September 2004, 05:45 PM
Are you by any chance British? We call the British kid that goes to our highschool "Limey," for obvious British reasons. I want a train station named "Lime." That'd be tits.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Indeed I am. Lime Street Station is the proper name, and the next stop after that is my name.

Music Dragon
23rd September 2004, 07:14 AM
Any worthless tree. People won't cut down worthless trees.

Agent Elrond
23rd September 2004, 09:35 AM
I think I'd like to be a Huorn, and if you don't know what that is, go read LOTR. :D

If I had to choose a real tree, then I'd go for Giant Sequoia... for obvious reasons.

Boy of Enders
23rd September 2004, 02:07 PM
I'd be a hotwheels tree, i'm still waiting for mine to grow in the backyard.

Toxicity
23rd September 2004, 04:03 PM
I'd probably go with a sycamore tree. Sorta sturdy, huge leaves, pale white bark(sorta my skin before this summer), and it brings me back memories of the Midwest.

youdontknowme
23rd September 2004, 10:34 PM
A Redwood tree because they're big and strong.

Water Pokemon Master
23rd September 2004, 10:48 PM
I would be a pine tree so I could be able to watch people through their windows watching Pokemon and be able to produce Pineco. :)

FireBlast
24th September 2004, 12:44 AM
Why would I be a tree?

umm... Yeah ok- an Oak..

Jay
28th September 2004, 09:01 PM
A bristlecone pine tree as they are the longest living trees.

I would like to be a Huon pine (Dacrydium franklinii)
It is known as the longest living organism in the world. It can live up to 10,000 years!
Nope. Bristlecone pine is the longest living organism in the world. The huon pine is the second longest living. Nice try though. :monocle:

DarkTemplarZ
28th September 2004, 09:12 PM
Either a Cherry Blossom or a Palm Tree. Cherry Blossoms are great, I have one in my back yard, I love how the blossoms fall in the spring. Palm Trees because they grow on tropical beaches ;)

Pichu
29th September 2004, 12:57 PM
I'd be a now extinct, but was growing in the Shire ... a Mallorn tree. ^^;

Ultimate Pikachu
29th September 2004, 03:37 PM
Oaks are cool, but I like pine trees more. Especialy bristlecone.

I'd also like cherry blossom, apple, maple, syncamore, and ash.

kainashi
30th September 2004, 11:58 AM
a cherry blossom because they're beautiful like me. :keke: