PDA

View Full Version : Rise of the Machines

Last Exile
24th September 2004, 01:07 AM
Soul of Duelist fianlly brings some decent machine cards to make a beatdown possible. Here goes.

Monsters: (16)

Mechanicalchaser x 3
Transformable Machine - Dragon Cannon x 3
Drillago x 2
Perfect Machine King
Jinzo
Reflect Bounder
Blowback Dragon
Breaker the Magical Warrior
Tribe-Infecting Virus
Eixled Force
Sinister Serpent

Magic: (17)

Limiter Removal x 3
Machine Duplication Technqiue x 2
Star of Shooting Bow - Ceal x 2
Nobleman of Extermination x 2
Heavy Storm
Mystical Space Typhoon
Pot of Greed
Painful Choice
Snatch Steal
Change of Heart
Premature Burial
Swords of Revealing Light

Traps: (7)

Reveral of Dead x 2
Torrential Tribute
Call of the Haunted
Ring of Destruction
Magic Cylinder
Waboku

Basically, two ways to get power going here. First is obvious via Limiter Removal. Second is to combine Dragon Cannon, Machine Duplication and Bow Ceal to get 3 of the Cannons out with two of them at 2800 to deal mega damage.

Thoughts?

Yoh Asakura
30th September 2004, 03:43 PM
Supprised that you didn't go with KA Death Scissors + duplication + Lim Removal. Such a cheap combo that does mass damage.

Dark-San
30th September 2004, 09:33 PM
- Exiled Force
+ Spear Bomb

I dunno if the name is correct but the creature has an attack of 1400. Its effect states that whenever an opposition creature destroys it while its facedown, its attachs itself to the opposition and hence a Ring 'D' effect. Only that Ring 'D' effect, you don't have to take any damage.

Last Exile
1st October 2004, 11:00 AM
Supprised that you didn't go with KA Death Scissors + duplication + Lim Removal. Such a cheap combo that does mass damage.

But isn't that the combo I ahve in there? What card is KA Death Scissors? Don't think I've ever heard of that one? Does that one reduce attack by 1000? If so, that's what Star of Shooting Bow - Ceal is. Basically get something down below 500, duplicate then go berserk with Limiter Removal.

As for Sphere Bomb, I like that card Darkyouth, but sadly, yet again, it's a card that doens't exist in English! Goddamn, there are too many good cards that don't exist in English yet!

Yoh Asakura
1st October 2004, 12:13 PM
Yes DY, it's called Sphear Bomb. It's a little more playable now that Cyc has been toned down.

KA-2 Death Scissors is in 30...8 I think (Could be 7?)

1000/1000
4/Effect/Machine/Dark(It might be Earth?)
When it destroys a mon as a result of battle and it goes to the graveyard, do 500 damage to your opponent's life times the level of the destroyed monster.

(That's the jist, dunno if it's the EXACT wording)

So if it takes out a Lv4 it'll do 2000 more damage. It's like Needle Bunker (which I think is in the same set) but weaker and lower in level.

Last Exile
1st October 2004, 01:11 PM
I understand now. That is a monster from Ancient Sanctuary.

One problem though. Machine Duplication Tehcnique only works on Machines with an atk of 500 or less. So to pull it off, you must use Ceal on it - one is zero attack, others 1000. Limiter Removal puts the other two at 2000.

But that only makes sense if there's more than one monster on the field! 2 Dragon Cannons at 5600 via Limiter Removal would surely cause far more damage! The two pumped up ones alone, unless they ran into a trap, would surely end the game that turn.

Yoh Asakura
1st October 2004, 01:21 PM
Goat could be used to chain Limiter, which means you'd do no damage at all.

Last Exile
1st October 2004, 01:31 PM
True, forgot damn Scapegoat.

Either way, I'd think Dragon Cannon would do more damage and if I didn't have Ceal in hand it would have higher stats than scissors and could do something. Ah well. Geniuses can't agree on everything. ;)

Yoh Asakura
1st October 2004, 01:45 PM
It'll be fun when the English metagame catches up with the Japanese. Cannon would either be Thundered or Deced, or Forced or Blown, or Walled. x]

Last Exile
2nd October 2004, 06:24 AM
It'll be fun when the English metagame catches up with the Japanese. Cannon would either be Thundered or Deced, or Forced or Blown, or Walled. x]

Okay, now what ones would they be?

Yoh Asakura
2nd October 2004, 06:27 AM
Thunder Break
Declaration Of God
Forced Ejection Machine
Explosion Armour
Mirror Wall

Mirror Wall is an interesting card...