PDA

View Full Version : [P] Is The Glass Half Empty... Or Half Full?

Yoh Asakura
24th September 2004, 01:24 PM
What would you say, is the glass half empty... or half full?

Half Empty.

RedStarWarrior
24th September 2004, 01:45 PM
You can think what you want. I will be thinking "Who the **** drink the other half of my beer?" JK...seriously though, the glass doesn't exist, except to perceptually provide a set quanity to the substance you are about to consume.

fat man with a monkey
24th September 2004, 03:36 PM
It doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is that I don't usually put ice in, so it's probably not watery by now. Either way, I'm going to have to get a refill soon.

Aipom Of Doom
24th September 2004, 03:46 PM
The glass is filled to 50% of its capacity.

homeofmew
24th September 2004, 03:58 PM
It is technically both, but you measure the liquid usually not the nothing air
so 50% full. (Half Full)

Jay
24th September 2004, 04:17 PM
I would say neither. It is filled to just half of the capacity of the glass, or filled to 50%, or 1/2.

Agent Elrond
24th September 2004, 07:49 PM
Hey! I ordered a cheeseburger!

.... whoever gets that quote reads to much Gary Larson.

I would just say half full, since your measuring the liquid content, it makes more sense to say: The glass is half full of water... rather than: The glass is half empty of water....

Meh, it's just how my brain is geared.

Zak
24th September 2004, 08:30 PM
The glass isn't balanced, but it keeps getting refilled and drank from. Right now I supposed it is on the full side.

~Zak

DarkTemplarZ
24th September 2004, 08:39 PM
I say that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be ;) In reality, half full.

Toxicity
24th September 2004, 08:53 PM
You all are entitled to your opinions, but I'll place it as 'half is air, the other liquid'.

But out of the given choices, 'Half Full' probably makes more sense when writing.

mr_pikachu
25th September 2004, 08:50 PM
Half-full, because I'm in a semi-decent mood right now. Tomorrow, though, it'll probably be completely empty. That's the way my mind works. :bah:

AntiAsh Superstar
25th September 2004, 09:34 PM
Hey! I ordered a cheeseburger!

.... whoever gets that quote reads to much Gary Larson.

I would just say half full, since your measuring the liquid content, it makes more sense to say: The glass is half full of water... rather than: The glass is half empty of water....

Meh, it's just how my brain is geared.

Actually I'd say the glass is half full... I mean, half empty... no, wait! Uhh... what was the question again? :P

Anyways, I'd say that it's neither half full nor half empty, because it's only a theoretical interpretation of a glass. And if it was a real glass it wouldn't be half full or half empty because I'd have already drank it. :D

Crystal Mew
26th September 2004, 12:21 AM
Half full, being optimistic is better than being pesimistic :yes:

FireBlast
26th September 2004, 07:17 AM
Half full. I'm an optimist.

PancaKe
26th September 2004, 08:04 AM
If the glass was full in the first place, and then lost 50% - it becomes half empty.

If the glass was empty in the first place, and then has 50% capasity taken up by the pouring of a drink - it becomes half full.

SIMPLE.

Leon-IH
26th September 2004, 11:13 AM
Who the **** pissed in my clean glass?

Seriously though, i'd say Half Full - as life cannot be unfulfilled, only less fulfilled than one would desire.