PDA

View Full Version : AG titles 98-100

Zak
24th September 2004, 02:32 PM
From Palette forums:

98(374): Groudon VS Kyogre! (pt. 2)
99(375): Tate and Liza! Space Center Battle!
100(376): Mossdeep Gym! Lunatone and Solrock!

Discuss

Yeah, I know its the spoiler forum, I just like doing that for the sake of suspense :P

~Zak

Chris 2.1
24th September 2004, 02:41 PM
Wow! Coolioage!

Sound awesome.

98(374): Groudon VS Kyogre! (pt. 2) -The conclusion to the battle from the last episode? Does the Magma/Aqua saga end here?

99(375): Tate and Liza! Space Center Battle! - Introduce the twins, but the Space Center part intrigues me. Hmm?

100(376): Mossdeep Gym! Lunatone and Solrock - [/b] Oh man, Gym 7 already!?![/b]

Water Pokemon Master
24th September 2004, 03:27 PM
Groudon vs. Kyogre Part 2 - there was already a battle between them? What???

Space Center - premiere of Speed Deoxys? (I wish.)

Mossdeep - Gym Battle

Chris 2.1
24th September 2004, 03:34 PM
WPM, The reason G&K have a 2-part episode based on their battle is because there is so much more than their simple match. There is the story between them, which Ash & Co do not know yet, as well as Team Aqua and Magma's attempts at ressurecting these Pokemon.

have a stammer
24th September 2004, 04:24 PM
98(374): Groudon VS Kyogre! (pt. 2)
I still wonder if this will Actually involve Groudon and Kyogre, it may be Team Aqua and Magma getting close to resurrecting them but failing.

99(375): Tate and Liza! Space Center Battle!
Appropriate, it includes an actual place in the games also shows off the gym leaders. And will finally show people Tate is not a girl, I still hear this every so often. The space center ties in well with there pokemon, perhaps they have a more active role at the station (maybe scientist, or something)

100(376): Mossdeep Gym! Lunatone and Solrock
Hopes for the logical Grovyle and Corphish vs Lunatone and Solrock, and hopes for a good battle, long and drawn out. Though people bash the "introduce the gym leader(s)" episodes it is nice, that way the actual gym battle episode can focus on the gym battle, and not introduce the characters at the begging. Result's in a longer more interesting battle.

oh and Brit Chris "Coolioage?" this just makes me smile. but is it pronounced Coolio-age or Cool-io-age

Water Pokemon Master
24th September 2004, 05:14 PM
WPM, The reason G&K have a 2-part episode based on their battle is because there is so much more than their simple match. There is the story between them, which Ash & Co do not know yet, as well as Team Aqua and Magma's attempts at ressurecting these Pokemon.
I know all of that. I was asking if there was already an episode between Kyogre and Groudon since it said "Part 2."

JazzJazz
24th September 2004, 06:20 PM
I know all of that. I was asking if there was already an episode between Kyogre and Groudon since it said "Part 2."

Yes, the episode right before this one has exactly the same title... just replace "Part 2" with "Part 1".

Hanada Tattsu
24th September 2004, 07:33 PM
Sounds great! Thanks Zak!

Looking forward to the Kyogre/Groudon battles. I too hope we will see an evolution, I think we're kinda overdue at the rate AG's going. Hope Corphish evolves!

Blackjack Gabbiani
24th September 2004, 08:09 PM
That would be interesting. Isn't Crawdaunt part Dark? They seem to have avoided giving Ash Dark-types in the past.

JazzJazz
24th September 2004, 09:37 PM
That would be interesting. Isn't Crawdaunt part Dark? They seem to have avoided giving Ash Dark-types in the past.

They haven't "avoided" it as such, it just hasn't happened. If we go for your argument we could say they've "avoided" giving Ash many types...

Water Pokemon Master
25th September 2004, 01:28 AM
If it does evolve, it probably really won't be evil. I think Darkness is just a type, not a way a Pokemon acts.

Remember the cute Poochyena that evolved into the cute Mightyena? :)

Animelee
25th September 2004, 09:30 AM
AG 098 -- I doubt these two episodes are going to have anything to do with the actual final battle between Groudon and Kyogre, especially since Satoshi isn't at the seventh Hoenn Gym yet, and if they're following the Emerald storyline, which I'm positive they are, it's much too early. :) I'm betting we're going to hear the legend of the "Great War", and then we'll be introduced to Aogiri/Archie and Matsubusa/Maxie. And at the end of this episode, they'll do the "we shall meet again!" thing that I love.

AG 099 -- Alright, I love Hoenn's pacing so far, because it's predictable and clockwork-like! Want to know what I'm talking about?:

Gym Battle 01: AG 015 - AG 016
Gym Battle 02: AG 020, AG 030 - AG 031
Gym Battle 03: AG 040, AG 059
Gym Battle 04: AG 055 - 056
Gym Battle 05: AG 003, AG 069 - AG 070
Gym Battle 06: AG 085 - AG 086
Gym Battle 07: AG 099 - AG 100

The ones in size-one lettering mean that they were episodes were the Gym Leaders were battled, but the Badges weren't gotten. As you can see, we've been going at a steady pace of about fifteen episodes per Badge, with two episodes dedicated to the particular Gym Leader Satoshi has to face. I predict the next Gym battle will be around AG 115.

And speaking of the next Gym battle -- who do you think will be the Gym Leader? Mikuri/Wallace, or Ardan? I'm hoping they're following the Emerald storyline, because there are a few clues all over Hoenn that show us that they are.

Anyways, this episode might talk about how they got their Lunatone and Solrock, who happen to come from outer space, and this episode takes place at the Space Center of Tokusane City/Mossdeep City.

AG 100 -- Lunatone and Solrock, exactly like the games. I'm predicting that Satoshi will use Juptor/Grovyle and Heigani/Corphish, for the type-advantages over Rock.

Y'know, I'm thinking Heigani may evolve into Shizarigar/Crawdaunt in this episode, because Lunatone and Solrock are both part Esper/Psychic, and Shizarigar is part Dark, and his evolution may be key in winning the match. One can hope!

Adamant
25th September 2004, 03:16 PM
Ah, so this batch of interesting plot-filled episodes is their way of making up for those mediocre filler episodes we've seen lately (Yeah, that Banebu episode was good, but not the Lizardo/Fushigisou/Kameil, Jiranth and Huntail/Sakurabuss ones).

My guess is that episode 97 will deal with Satoshi trying (and failing) to protect those orbs from Magma and Aqua (I take it Magma will get away with them. The writes like Magma.), and episode 98 will deal with a failed attempt at stealing the orbs from the Magma Headquarters.

Then, a bunch of episodes later, we'll get "Groudon VS Kyogre (part 3)"

And, um, episode 100 will have a super spectacular battle. Hopefully. Apart from the fourth one, the gym battles in Houen have all been very good.

Hanada Tattsu
25th September 2004, 07:23 PM
Indeed. So far - all of Ash's Pokemon caught in Hoenn have evolved, even the ones we thought wouldn't (Taillow evolved, as did Treecko). The only which has not is Corphish, so I do hope he evolves either in this gym or the next, or maybe in the League (like what they did with Krabby/Kingler).