PDA

View Full Version : The Special Edition of FR/LG: ThunderYellow or WaterBlue?

Mister_Gadget
25th September 2004, 03:00 AM
Here's a fake:

http://www.toolia.de/homepage/user/schiggyecke/pokemonyellow_fake.gif

What would you like? ThunderYellow or WaterBlue?

Silent Dragonfly
25th September 2004, 03:07 AM
Neither, I'd rather get onto 4th Gen now, theres nothing new to be unlocked.

andyizcool
25th September 2004, 04:37 AM
I think they might make a 3rd Version of Pokemon FR/LG because there's always been a 3rd to every Pokemon game up to now. Everyone was surprised at what Pokemon Emerald had to offer so they really want to buy it when it comes out in the USA. Next they might make a 3rd Version of Pokemon FR/LG that has the same impact as Pokemon Emerald had on you with lots of new features added into Kanto. You never know and I just think it might be a possibility because they wanted to stall time and get more money from Pokemon games. You can't just move onto 4th Generation Pokemon when we've only seen one and they're taking ages to create more of them by the looks of it.

War Raichu
25th September 2004, 11:08 AM
I'd rather see WaterBlue than another game that features that rat bastard Pikachu.

Everoy
25th September 2004, 11:25 AM
Um... You have a Pikachu in your LeafGreen team, and your favorite poke is apparently Pikachu...

I want WaterBlue, But they'll probably go with ThunderYellow for a remake of Yellow.

drgntamer
25th September 2004, 11:44 AM
The next game will be Pokemon Emerald(Ruby/Saphire remix, w/ a little Crystal mixed in[moving pokemon]). After Emerald, which will unlock Volt Tackle, the only MIA move as of FR/LG, they'll probably go to gen 4. With the pre-evolved form of Snorlax!!! :sweat4:

check out N1CF: Please don't advertise other websites!!

oh, and if they DID do a FR/LG remake, I would go for TY(Thunder Yellow). yipee!!! PikaPikaPikachu!!!!! :nut:

FireBlast
25th September 2004, 12:09 PM
I think a FR/LG sequal would be kinda redundant.. Sure they made a continuation game for each generation of games (RB, GS and RS), but FR/LG aren't exactly a "whole new generation" so it's pointless really... Better would be to spend their effort on the upcoming fourth gene.

Orion
25th September 2004, 01:02 PM
The Fourth Generation will take much more time, as it seems. Only Gonbe has been revealed, and Koitsu (And that's just a name, meaning it's merely assumption.). Before GSC we saw Ho-Oh, Donphan, Marill, Snubbull, Togepi, Elekid, Bellossom and others I can't remember. Before RSE we saw Kecleon, Wailmer, Duskull, Wynaut, Azurill, Kyogre, Groudon, Sharpedo, Volbeat, and others. That's more than what we've seen of the 4th Generation.

Another factor is the new Nintendo System to be revealed in 2005, and the DS. While I've expressed the reasons of why we won't see Pokémon in the DS, they could be working in some awesome stuff to use the double screen in a Pokémon RPG. But either way, Nintendo has said that the DS will be COMPLETELY independat of the other two consoles right now (GBA and GCN.). So, having a Pokémon game in the DS will be discouraging. Remember those mysterious hollow spots, and that Treecko is #277 in the RS intern numbering? This makes me think the 4th Generation will unlock those 25 Pokémon gaps, and add some more. Henceforth, it MUST be compatible with GBA, and the DS isn't (At least Link-Wise.). Anyway, it's still long after, as there's ONLY 1 Pokémon revealed as of now. I expect the first revelation of the 4th Generation in 2005, and that's pushing it, really...

Now... a special Version of FR/LG would be nice. While I'd love it to be Water Blue, it's unlikely. We'll probably see Thunder Yellow, and it'll be much like Yellow Version. But... Pikachu with Light Ball from the beginning? Who knows.

I doubt they could add as much as they added in Emerald, but well. I was so impressed at the HUGE amount of features that Emerald added, that I must say that it's the first Special Version that I'm considering to purchase. Yellow and Crystal didn't added much at their time... but anyway. If Emerald went down like this, I bet that any Special Version of FR/LG will be awesome!

Yusuke
25th September 2004, 04:48 PM
I would want neither. If another came out i would only buy it if it had a something different from lg/fr that interested me. but if they make one i would want waterblue

Girafarig
25th September 2004, 05:59 PM
They are not going to make a Thunder Yellow. The only reason people have given for a sequel to FRLG is to get Volt Tackle, which turns out it can be gotten in Emerald. It would be a waste of time and money to make a Thunder Yellow, and they are probably working on the 4th generation.

PNT510
25th September 2004, 10:24 PM
They are not going to make a Thunder Yellow. The only reason people have given for a sequel to FRLG is to get Volt Tackle, which turns out it can be gotten in Emerald. It would be a waste of time and money to make a Thunder Yellow, and they are probably working on the 4th generation.How would it be a waste of money? Pokemon games always sell like crazy.

Aarkan
26th September 2004, 08:31 AM
I'd love ThunderYellow. Everyone likes running around with pi-pi-pikachU!

Crazy
26th September 2004, 09:00 AM
A remake of Blue would not make any sense. Blue was the same as Fire Red and Leaf Green. So why would you want the same game with a different name? Now Thunder or Electric Yellow would make more sense because it had 1)Talking Pikachu and 2)Jesse and James. Plus they could just add moving animations. So it would make sense to make a third version. You also get the first three starters. So Thunder/Electric Yellow would rock.

Number1ChanseyFan
26th September 2004, 09:55 AM
I doubt that there will be a "WaterBlue" or OceanBlue" or anything like that, I think that if a "Blue" version was going to be released, it would have been released with FireRed instead of LeafGreen. I think that there will likely be a 3rd improved installment of the FR/LG series, just like there has been with all of the previous versions. I feel that "ElectricYellow" is the most likely to be made. Like the Yellow version, it would feature Pikachu as your starter Pokémon, and the move tutor on Island 2 that taught Frenzy Plant/Blast Burn/Hydro Cannon will instead teach your starter Pikachu Volt Tackle. Of course, this is just a guess, but it is what I think will happen.

Also, @drgntamer: Please do not advertise other websites... especially that one!! Advertising is against the rules at TPM.

Cyber Dragon
26th September 2004, 06:41 PM
Electric/Thunder/Lightning Yellow to be more traditional.

Water/OceanBlue would be interesting... but I don't think the Squirtle/Wartortle/Blastoise kind-of version would be marketable enough as a "special" version, compared to something with Pikachu on the box.

A remake of Yellow would be the better option. I loved the ol' Yellow version and having a Pikachu follow you everywhere again would be cool.

Rudoku
26th September 2004, 06:54 PM
I feel that "ElectricYellow" is the most likely to be made. Like the Yellow version, it would feature Pikachu as your starter Pokémon, and the move tutor on Island 2 that taught Frenzy Plant/Blast Burn/Hydro Cannon will instead teach your starter Pikachu Volt Tackle. Of course, this is just a guess, but it is what I think will happen.

Nah, you can get Volt Tackle Pichu from Emerald. You just breed a 'Chu holding a Light Ball sextoy with whatever else that'll get you a Pichu egg. The baby will be born with Volt Tackle. Much better than remaking a game for it.

Poryhedron
26th September 2004, 11:44 PM
Just because it can be done in Emerald doesn't mean there won't be a Yellow remake. Every way I look at it, the facts all say there's going to be a Yellow remake...unfortunately. :grumble: Well, I hoipe they put more effort into it than they did with the original Yellow...if they were going to put Jessie and James in it they should have used the actual characters...the Jessie and James in Yellow were more like Giovanni's lieutanants than anything remotely resembling the anime characters.
To be fair, though, there were some nice touches in Yellow...like Lt. Surge having only the one powerful Raichu, and the Route 9 trainer that mimicked AJ...

Cyber Dragon
2nd October 2004, 02:38 AM
Maybe there will be a blue version as the third one, like how the first blue version in Japan was the third version after Red and Green.

Or perhaps they might consider releasing the "blue" and "yellow" versions at the same time...

Loupeitak
2nd October 2004, 03:24 AM
lol, speaking of pikachu stuff i remember laughing at the pikachu when you went to Bill's house. When Bill tranformed back into human the weird PIKACHU!!! noise pikachu made was quite funny.

Anyway i dont think there is gonna be any Thunder Yellow or Ocean Blue or something like that

Orion
2nd October 2004, 01:13 PM
Hmmmm... some more ideas which make me think we'll see Thunder Yellow. Remember good Ol' Surfing Pikachu? I know we can get a Surfing Pichu in Pokémon Box, but apart from taking LOADS of time, you must hope for a good Nature and stuff. Maybe they should fit Surfing Pikachu in this game, making it easier to get. Plus, there's this mini-game of the Surfing Pikachu back in the Yellow Version. They could fit it in the remake.

Now, maybe they'll make all those special moves available for more Pokémon (Blast Burn, Hydro Cannon, Frenzy Plant and Volt Tackle.), even though it's nice to see the old ones getting a Signature Move, as the RS Starters did. Who knows.

Also, remember there's a likely Deoxys form we haven't got: HP Form. ALL Deoxys forms have AWFUL HP! An HP Form could make an interesting form too, as Speed did. They could switch the HP and Speed Base of the Speed Form. It'd be awfully slow, but would get awesome HP of 564. Then, we could switch Speed Form's Offensives and Defensives with each other, and we'd get a decent Tank, even above Wailord levels. It'd make an awesome Pokémon.

At the end, no one is sure. If they go by the tradition, we'll see it, but I doubt they can make such a remake as they did with Emerald. But they might have some surprises awaiting.

Mister_Gadget
4th October 2004, 04:40 AM
Or perhaps they might consider releasing the "blue" and "yellow" versions at the same time...

Have you noticed that in the End Credits there are Charizard, followed by Venusaur, then Blastoise and finally Pikachu?

drgntamer
4th October 2004, 08:25 PM
Have you noticed that in the End Credits there are Charizard, followed by Venusaur, then Blastoise and finally Pikachu?
Maybe the starter in Emerald will be Pikachu and then they'll release Aqua/WaterBlue. lol

Aarkan
4th October 2004, 09:48 PM
no...

It's still the hoenn starters...

drgntamer
5th October 2004, 01:24 PM
no...

It's still the hoenn starters...
...i was being sarcastic.

i still think they're going to skip over the 3rd FR/LG game.... they already did it once... why bother?

Cyber Dragon
8th October 2004, 06:38 PM

That's part of why I think the pictures of Blastoise and Pikachu will be featured on a Pokemon cartridge at some point in the future (again). :)

AFAIK, the U.S. only skipped green, but each generation of pokemon games so far, excluding FR/LG, had a third special version.

drgntamer
10th October 2004, 10:08 PM
That's part of why I think the pictures of Blastoise and Pikachu will be featured on a Pokemon cartridge at some point in the future (again). :)

AFAIK, the U.S. only skipped green, but each generation of pokemon games so far, excluding FR/LG, had a third special version.
But FR/LG ISN'T a generation.... its a re-release.... thats why we can't just assume either way.

Carbonite4
15th October 2004, 04:55 PM
I would much rather see a GS remake.

Cyber Dragon
16th October 2004, 01:04 AM
Same. I miss Johto... and Jasmine / Clair.

andyizcool
16th October 2004, 05:16 AM
I would much rather see a GS remake.
I think they'll do this on the Nintendo DS to go with Pokemon Diamond/Pearl as a remake. You know like they had Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire then Pokemon FR/LG came as new games remade from old ones just for the missing Pokemon.

Mister_Gadget
17th July 2005, 02:42 PM
Here are two other fakes:

http://img306.imageshack.us/img306/8162/thunderyellow7tk.png

http://img306.imageshack.us/img306/3503/oceanblue7ht.png

A remake of Yellow with the Surf Shack and the Surfing Pikachu Game. The Battle Frontier with new battle areas, perhaps more islands, one island where you can catch Celebi (with a ticket again), in Yellow we can have all 3 Starters - in Emerald the Johto Starters - in ThunderYellow, if you have completed the Kanto Dex, you can get the Johto Starters, when the Johto Dex is complete, the Hoenn Starters with the Dex. All the Kanto, Johto and Hoenn Gyms (the Johto/Hoenn Gyms on the Islands) and new Gyms like a Dark Gym with dark type Pokemon and it's only open at night.

That are my ideas so far.

Knight of Time
17th July 2005, 09:44 PM
Hmm, I think it would be really nice if there was a Pokemon ThunderYellow, as a follow-up to FR/LG.

If they do make ThunderYellow, I strongly recommend that Team Rocket (aka Jessie and James) get the Pokemon that they have in Hoenn (e.g. Jessie having Dustox and Seviper, James having Cacnea and Chimecho) late in the game. After all, since it is possible to battle Team Rocket members in FR/LG after you beat the Elite Four, seeing J&J's Hoenn Pokemon in ThunderYellow would be quite cool IMO.

Mister_Gadget
18th July 2005, 01:55 AM
Hmm, I think it would be really nice if there was a Pokemon ThunderYellow, as a follow-up to FR/LG.

If they do make ThunderYellow, I strongly recommend that Team Rocket (aka Jessie and James) get the Pokemon that they have in Hoenn (e.g. Jessie having Dustox and Seviper, James having Cacnea and Chimecho) late in the game. After all, since it is possible to battle Team Rocket members in FR/LG after you beat the Elite Four, seeing J&J's Hoenn Pokemon in ThunderYellow would be quite cool IMO.

Don't forget Jessie's Wobbuffet :wink: