PDA

View Full Version : Not too sure bout ExOn...

Roarkiller
26th September 2004, 06:18 AM
... so im asking those who have played this format. Mainly, the trainers and energy, and common combos.

Im thinking of using either beedrill or wiggly ex for my next deck (i havent gone through the pkmn in TATM yet). Beedrill should be easy:

Pkmn (17)
4 beedrill
3 kakuna
4 weedle
2 roselia
2 dunsparce
2 snorlax (meh)

Trainers (27)
3 oak research
3 steven
2 TVR
3 p-dex handy
2 switch
3 celio
2 high pressure system
4 candy
2 warp point (is it still legal?)
3 life herb

16 grass

Thats the basic idea. But its juz a plain working deck, nothing special. Wiggly's harder, other than dunsparce, i cant use anything else to draw out the basics except call for friend or similar attacks, which i dont know which to use. And it already lost the speed factor with boost gone.

Alec Trevelyan
26th September 2004, 11:27 AM
hummm, the deck is OK, but just need a few adjusts, lets see:

-1 pokedex (lets put sth better)
-1 grass (who cares? lol)
-2 snorlax (meh?!)
+1 dunsparce (this guy is the "key" of the deck IMO, dunsparce makes sure you'll put those weedle on the bench early)
+1 life herb (this is critical IMO)
+2 Mt moon (lets get away from delcatty and TA's Manectric, this simple card ruin the entire blaziken deck :D )

anyway, maybe you could drop too another TV reporter to add another steven's advice, to make sure you'll draw more cards, cuz it'll be difficult get many beedrills sooooooooo damn fast you know.
The rest is fine
cya ^^

Water Pokemon Master
26th September 2004, 11:31 AM
Pkmn (17)
4 beedrill
3 kakuna
4 weedle
2 roselia
4!!! dunsparce

Trainers (27)
3 oak research
3 steven
3 TVR
3 p-dex handy (o_O)
2 switch
3 celio
2 desert ruins :yes:
3 candy
2 warp point (is it still legal?) - yes
3 life herb

16 grass

Thomas33
26th September 2004, 04:23 PM
Water Pokemon Master, your signature says something special is going to happen in the Misty episode, i have watched it and i don't se anything special, is it that Togepi evolves into a Togetic or the thing with Misty's Gyarados using a Flamethrower, explain.

Water Pokemon Master
26th September 2004, 06:40 PM
You will have to wait until Saturday. Also, next time you want to ask me something about my sig, please PM me - don't ask in an unrelated topic. :)

Roarkiller
28th September 2004, 08:25 AM
Mt Moon: Any pkmn with max HP less than 70 can't use p-powers. Blaziken has more than 70HP. Care to explain? Only use i can see for this thing is to kill delcatty.

Dex handy is my sub for searching, btw :) In case u think my playing style might be a little too crazy. I chose snorlax due to its healing ability, and the fact that it isnt affected by sleep when attacking. But i guess i went overboard.

Water Pokemon Master
28th September 2004, 03:12 PM
Mt. Moon was mis-translated, and right now, the only Pokemon it can stop with a PokePower is one who has 60 HP or less.

Alec Trevelyan
28th September 2004, 03:40 PM
Mt Moon: Any pkmn with max HP less than 70 can't use p-powers. Blaziken has more than 70HP. Care to explain? Only use i can see for this thing is to kill delcatty.

Dex handy is my sub for searching, btw :) In case u think my playing style might be a little too crazy. I chose snorlax due to its healing ability, and the fact that it isnt affected by sleep when attacking. But i guess i went overboard.

it stops TA's manectric, so it cant throw the energies to blaziken EX.

Mt. Moon was mis-translated, and right now, the only Pokemon it can stop with a PokePower is one who has 60 HP or less.

is this really right? no one told me about this, so mt moon is crap now...

jesschow12
28th September 2004, 06:48 PM
is this really right? no one told me about this, so mt moon is crap now...

yeah the shop keeper at my area also told me this,so muk from fossil still rulesz :(,total crap!1

Roarkiller
1st October 2004, 11:17 AM
yeah the shop keeper at my area also told me this,so muk from fossil still rulesz :(,total crap!1

Show me the original card, ill confirm it. But yeah, i thought it was strange that they would make such a lame card. I mean seriously, how many under 70HP pkmn has a p-power?