PDA

View Full Version : Wallace or Adan? (may contain spoilers)

Zak
26th September 2004, 01:24 PM
This has not happened in Japan yet, so I thought I'd put it here.

Anyway, as some of you may remember, Koga was promoted to the Elite Four in GSC and Janine took his place. However, they were released many years after RBY, so they couldn't really introduce Janine... heck, they didn't even know the existance of GSC when that ep aired in Japan.

However, some of you may know about how Emerald came out recently in Japan, and this time another Gym Leader has gotten a promotion. Wallace is now the Hoenn champion instead of Steven, and I think you battle Steven later outside the league (kinda like Red).
Sootopolis City's Gym Leader's name is Adan. This is a totally new character... I don't even know what relation he is to Wallace. However, seeing as Emerald came out already about only a year or two after Ru/Sa, BEFORE they even got to Wallace in the Anime, I was thinking... it's possible that we'll be seeing Ash fight this dude instead of Wallace. I'm pretty sure he'll at least meet both of them... meh, there are so many possible theories.

Anyway, discuss, speculate, etc.

~Zak

Animelee
26th September 2004, 01:46 PM
I'm sure Satoshi will fight Ardan as the eighth Gym Leader, Mikuri/Wallace as the Hoenn Elite Four Champion, and Daigo/Steven on the new Trainer Hill.

Good thing Emerald added a whole bunch of new places, because that means the Hoenn saga of the show won't have to stretch itself out like Johto, or end early like Kanto.

Blackjack Gabbiani
26th September 2004, 05:33 PM
I thinK Wallace, myself. And I think we'll see Steven then too.

Although Wallace may hang back and let Arden do some of the work, like be a prelim trainer or something.

Gaborn
27th September 2004, 10:43 PM
I've wanted to see Wallace competing against May in a contest ever since seeing some scans of the manga. Having Aldan be the new Gym Leader could actually help make this dream come true.

Blackjack Gabbiani
27th September 2004, 10:44 PM
Who's to say he couldn't do both? I mean heck, we have a GL who doubles as a crime lord, why not a GL who doubles as a contest master?

Zak
27th September 2004, 11:31 PM
Eh, just wondering, but why are you calling him "Ardan"? Last I checked, the name was spelled "A-da-n". Just those three characters, no stretch on the A.

Also Animelee... if you can, get on AIM, on the subject of names I've got some stuff to say about some of the names in your sig.

~Zak

ryandude713
28th September 2004, 01:58 AM
i highly doubt ash is going to make it to the elite 4 this time.
considering the fact that his pikachu seems to weaken at the begining of each series, hes probably not going to be strong enough to get past the top 4
also, he never raises his old pokemon after each season, so they all get fat and suck at fighting
although if by a magical plot device he makes it, he will end up using all of his little guys and win a bunch of matches against reoccuring characters, then when he gets to the big shots suddenly his old pokemon show up and save the day.
and we'll all find out that mr mime is his real father

Blackjack Gabbiani
28th September 2004, 04:26 PM
Eh, just wondering, but why are you calling him "Ardan"? Last I checked, the name was spelled "A-da-n". Just those three characters, no stretch on the A.

I've always seen it "Arden". Presumibly rhymes with "Garden", which is how I remember it.