PDA

View Full Version : SilverDragonair vs RaZoR LeAf (Ref: aragornbird)

SilverDragonair
26th September 2004, 03:54 PM
*2 versus 2, tag team style.
*I'll send out my battlers first.
*You post the first attacks.
*DQ: 1 week.
*Arena: A swamp full of barren tree skeletons. The murky water is deep, but not so sticky that one would sink slowly as if in quicksand; in that respect it acts simply like normal water. One can submerge into it, but there is no guarantee that he will be able to see within the dark depths... The blazing midafternoon light gets sucked in through the black bog's surface.

I choose Omega, my male Dratini, and Sigma, my Porygon.

RaZoR LeAf
26th September 2004, 04:26 PM
I'll battle. I choose Guuzu my female Zangoose and Scorpio my male Gligar.

will edit back my attacks, soon a I find my file listing them..

Guuzu, start off with a Taunt mostly at Dratini, make sure he can try to set up any Safeguards. When he's angered, get in close and poison him with Toxic. Lastly hit it with an Ice Beam

Scorpio, get close to the Porygon with Aerial Ace, then hit it hard with a combination of Rock Smash and Strength

aragornbird
26th September 2004, 05:30 PM
I can ref this one!

SilverDragonair
26th September 2004, 07:13 PM
If Taunt lasted the whole round, it would be too easy to use... I'd assume it only lasts one attack, but I won't risk it this round. Could the referee perhaps clarify this?

Omega, simply Detect Guuzu's intentions, then dive far enough underwater so that the Zangoose won't be able to see you. Wait there... Ice Beams should do no good.

Sigma. That silly Gligar is taking on the wrong battler... You'll start close to the water or inside it, so when he comes after you, freeze him in place so that instead of targetting you with his combined assaults, he'll need to break himself out or suffer the nasty consequences of a quadruple weakness (either way he suffers, but if he doesn't get out, he suffers more). Ice Beam twice. Then take the opportunity to paralyze Guuzu with Thunder Wave while Omega distracts her.

Omega: Detect, dive out of sight and stay there
Sigma: Ice Beam (Scorpio), Ice Beam (Scorpio), Thunder Wave (Guuzu)

The_Missing_Link
28th September 2004, 04:34 PM
Taunt only lasts one action, unless you want your Pokemon to continuously ridicule your opponent's Pokemon, thus pissing them off even more

aragornbird
29th September 2004, 08:56 PM
~*~*ROUND 1*~*~

A thick mist drifts over the swamplands and the water in this murky environment is black like tar. The sounds of toads and crickets and buzzing mosquitoes are the only noises that can be heard, but soon a totally different sound is present – the sound of a Pokemon battle. A fierce Zangoose and Gligar square off against a Porygon and Dratini in a double battle and all four combantants are quickly given their set of commands.

Trainer: Silver Dragonair
Pokemon: Sigma (Porygon)
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Condition: Fine
Commands: Ice Beam – Ice Beam – Thunder Wave

Pokemon: Omega (Male Dratini)
Commands: Detect – dive out of sight

Trainer: Razor Leaf
Pokemon: Guuzu (Female Zangoose)
Commands: Taunt – Toxic – Ice Beam

Pokemon: Scorpio (Male Gligar)
Commands: Aerial Ace – Rock Smash + Strength

Arena condition: Fine

~*~*~*~

With both Guuzu and Scorpio faster than their opponents, they both get in their first attacks. The Zangoose attempts to taunt the little dragon Pokemon by calling it bad names, but Omega’s eyes having already started flashing, signaling his Detect technique. Predicting his opponent’s move, he quickly dashes into the dark water and submerges himself, impervious to the verbal assault. Meanwhile, Scorpio’s attack was more successful, sending several blades of wind slashing into the Porygon’s side, but dealing only light damage. Sigma retaliates with a far more powerful attack and an icy beam slams into the Gligar’s chest. Scorpio could not stand ice attacks, and would have been knocked back a great distance had the attack not frozen him to the ground.

The Gligar’s upper body was still unfrozen, but the freezing pain of his lower body was almost unbearable. He could not get out of the icy spire he was frozen to and could not attack the Porygon. Omega, still underwater, had moved to a deeper part of the water and dived further down. The Zangoose could not detect the serpent other than a faint ripple on the water’s surface, but tried to attack nonetheless. The poisonous sludge he spewed out missed him completely and was dissolved into the bog. Another Ice Beam was fired and it did another hefty amount of damage to Scorpio, although not as much as last time.

Guuzu tries his own ice attack and aims it near the center of the large pool of dark water. He manage to freeze part of it solid, but that did not do any damage to the Dratini, still hidden underwater. With his opponent momentarily incapacitated, the digital Pokemon turned to the other one and released a bolt of blue lightning, sending a stunning electric current through Guuzu’s body. The Zangoose growled angrily and his yellow eyes glared at the Porygon across from him.

~*~*~*~

Energy: 90%

Energy: 88%
Condition: Underwater

Energy: 91%
Condition: Angry, paralyzed

Health: 63%
Condition: Shivering, frozen to the ground

Arena condition: large area of ice in the water

SilverDragonair
29th September 2004, 09:31 PM
Haha... nice work.

Sigma - attempt to bend and break that Zangoose's arm with Psychic, now that she's paralyzed... Hopefully she'll be able to put up less struggle. Follow up with Ice Beam on the Gligar, then aim Thunderbolt at Guuzu.

Omega, get out from underwater and strike the Gligar immediately with Blizzard. Then attack the Zangoose with Shock Wave, and finally, send a Water Pulse at her.

Sigma: Psychic (Zangoose), Ice Beam (Gligar), Thunderbolt (Zangoose)
Omega: Blizzard (Gligar), Shock Wave (Zangoose), Water Pulse (Zangoose)

SilverDragonair
3rd October 2004, 09:32 AM
Hmm, Razor Leaf posted attacks in another battle... It's been 4 days now; the halfway mark has passed. I wonder where he has gone?

RaZoR LeAf
8th October 2004, 08:12 AM
Sorry. I know i've passed the DQ date now, but do you still want to carry on? When i replied to that other battle something came up and I had to go. Then everything just slipped my mind.

Guuzu - Protect, Facade (Sigma), Crush Claw (Sigma)

Scorpio - Earthquake, Rock Tomb (Omega), Rock Smash (Sigma)

aragornbird
8th October 2004, 05:07 PM
Don’t worry, Razor Leaf, I’m pretty sure we’re all pretty busy.

~*~*ROUND 2*~*~

Commands: Psychic – Ice Beam - Thunderbolt

Energy: 88%
Condition: Underwater
Commands: Blizzard – Shock Wave – Water Pulse

Energy: 91%
Condition: Angry, paralyzed
Commands: Protect – Façade – Crush Claw

Health: 63%
Condition: Shivering, frozen to the ground
Commands: Earthquake – Rock Tomb – Rock Smash

Arena condition: large area of ice in the water

~*~*~*~

The battle is about to get pretty heated as Silver Dragonair’s healthy Pokemon were all told to attack offensively. Razor Leaf’s team is also in adequate shape, even though they both suffer from crippling status effects. The Porygon starts off first, its eyes glowing bright blue as Psychic blasts are fired at Guuzu. But even though she was paralyzed, she still had quick reflexes and immediately warded off the attack with a Protect shield.

Scorpio was glad to use his next attack. Slamming both his claws into the ground, he generated a large shockwave that ripped through the earth. The ice holding him to the ground shattered, and Sigma and Guuzu both took damage from the tremors due to their close proximity. But Omega, still underwater, was safe from the attack. He had some difficulty navigating in the darkness of the pool, but soon resurfaced. Jumping into the air, he spun rapidly and created a large blast of freezing wind and ice. The icy attack buffeted the Gligar, doing another huge amount of damage, but did not freeze him this time.

Sigma prepared another ice attack for Scorpio, but was suddenly struck hard from the side by the angry Zangoose, who used her paralysis to her advantage. This knocked the Ice Beam off course, and as it shot through the air, part of it hit Scorpio’s claw, freezing it into a block of ice, but dealing far less damage than usual. But he did not mind, and used his tail for his Rock Tomb attack, slamming it into the ground to trigger the rocks from within the earth. The attack failed however, as the dragon was still slithering over the water and the rocks could not reach him. The white gem on Omega’s forehead flashed yellow as several tiny thunderbolts were fired towards the Zangoose, damaging her slightly.

Now Guuzu and Scorpio turned to face the Porygon, who was slightly intimidated by their angry faces. Both of them charged at the digital creature, their claws raised high in preparation for attack. Guuzu brought her claws down, but paralysis took over, breaking the momentum of his attack so that the Crush Claw’s damage was lessened. It still left a bruise and Scorpio made it even worse, striking with his frozen claw so hard that the ice shattered and a deep purple mark was left on Sigma’s body.

Omega decided to stay away from the melee, hopping onto the large area of ice in the water. He still had good aim from his position and a steady stream of water shot from his mouth. The Water Pulse slammed into the cat ferret’s fur, soaking her and knocking her over. Sigma took a moment to recover from its opponents’ blows, but became angry, especially for all the damage Guuzu had done. Its body crackled with electricity and a fierce lightning bolt was fired and struck the Zangoose, who took the damaged as it fueled her rage.

~*~*~*~

Health: 73%
Energy: 78%
Condition: Large bruise, angry at Guuzu

Condition: On top of the ice.

Health: 75%
Energy: 77%
Condition: Still angry, paralyzed

Health: 41%
Energy: 80%
Condition: Shivering slightly, badly hurt from ice

Arena condition: Large area of ice in the water, ground slightly damaged from Earthquake

SilverDragonair
8th October 2004, 08:25 PM
Only a couple days late... I was actually hoping that you would show up soon. This is good news; it means that the battle can continue. I am not a fan of rapidly ending battles.

Your move.

SilverDragonair
13th October 2004, 03:40 PM
Hmmm... Hopefully Razor Leaf magically appears again; he posted attacks in another battle on the 10th, and seems to be making attack posts one battle at a time in several day intervals. If he doesn't show up a week after the set disqualification time, I'm going to have to let this battle rest.

RaZoR LeAf
14th October 2004, 11:24 AM
Sorry, I have alot of stuff to do for uni.

Scorpio - Use Protect to shield yourself from any damage but at the same time use Strength to get the hell out of that icy prison. Lastly Swift aimed at Omega.

Guuzu - Frustration aimed at Sigma, get yourself onto dry land. Next a Shock Wave at Omega in the water, and finally Crush Claw on Omega again.

SilverDragonair
14th October 2004, 07:35 PM
How do you concentrate on making a Protect shield that works while using an attack?

Sigma - Utilize the Zangoose's momentum and thrust yourself into her with Double-Edge. Without specifically using the energy for it, Scorpio can't get his Protect shield to last for two attacks like he's trying to do; direct Blizzard at him after his barrier is gone, then an Ice Beam. They're going to pay for ignoring you...

Omega - Thunderbolt at the Zangoose as she heads towards Sigma, then Ice Beam at the Gligar when his shield falls. If your Shock Wave did basically nothing to Guuzu, you might not even notice hers much with your resistance. Finish by diving quickly underwater out of your opponent's reach.

aragornbird
15th October 2004, 07:46 PM
~*~*ROUND 3*~*~

Health: 73%
Condition: Large bruise, angry at Guuzu
Commands: Double-Edge – Blizzard – Ice Beam

Condition: On top of the ice.
Commands: Thunderbolt – Ice Beam – dive underwater

Health: 75%
Energy: 77%
Condition: Still angry, paralyzed
Commands: Frustration – Shock Wave – Crush Claw

Health: 41%
Energy: 80%
Condition: Shivering slightly, badly hurt from ice
Commands: Protect + Strength - Swift

Arena condition: Large area of ice in the water, ground slightly damaged from Earthquake

~*~*~*~

Taking no chances at the beginning of the third round, Scorpio quickly set up an impenetrable shield to ward off any attacks, particularly the dreaded Ice attacks that both his opponents know. Guuzu quickly began charging towards the Porygon while channeling all her anger into fighting energy. Sigma was ready to take revenge on the Zangoose and spun around rapidly and fiercely. The two combatants slammed into each other and in a loud crash, Guuzu was knocked backwards as Sigma was momentarily slowed from the recoil damage. But it kept on spinning and the enraged Zangoose swiftly leapt back up and gave the Porygon a series of kicks and slashes. Suddenly, a powerful bolt of lightning struck the Zangoose from the side as Sigma darted away to avoid taking damage from Omega’s Thunderbolt.

The Gligar still had his shield erected and tried to attack, but found it extremely difficult to move about and still prevent himself from being damaged. Meanwhile, the Porygon spun around once more, but this time, cold fierce winds were created and combined with ice crystals. The Blizzard attack blasted in Scorpio’s direction, but the Protect shield was still activated and warded off the icy attack. However, the winged scorpion felt greatly fatigued from keeping up a single Protect for more than one action. The Dratini out in the water turned towards the Gligar as well and fired an Ice Beam at it. Again, the shield resisted it, but suddenly, it shattered into pieces. Part of the attack passed through and hit Scorpio, knocking him to the ground. Omega in turn was struck by several tiny thunderbolts as retaliation from Guuzu.

Now that Scorpio was unprotected, Sigma fired an Ice Beam as well. The Gligar took the full blast this time, taking another large chunk of damage as well as having his wings frozen, disabling his flight. The Zangoose ran towards the water and attempted to leap onto the ice floe to attack the Dratini, but his muscles froze once more before he could make a leap. Omega played it safe and did not attack, but simply dived back into the deep murky water. Shivering from the cold ice attacks, Scorpio did not need his wings to use Swift and fired several stars into the air. These stars zoomed into the water after Omega and struck his side, giving him a few scratches.

~*~*~*~

Health: 59%
Energy: 67%
Condition: Large bruises and scratches

Health: 90%
Energy: 71%
Condition: Minor scratches, underwater

Health: 56%
Energy: 69%
Condition: More calm, bruised, paralyzed

Health: 13%
Energy: 62%
Condition: Shivering, frozen wings, slightly tired

Arena condition: Ice in the water melting

SilverDragonair
16th October 2004, 09:52 AM
How annoying. Omega, create a Surf wave to wash over that Gligar. Then turn your attention to Guuzu. I want her sluggish, so assail her with things to remind her of her paralysis. Icy Wind, then Shock Wave both at the Zangoose.

Sigma, nice work so far. The Gligar is an opponent that's been fighting fiercely for survival. Direct a Tri Attack at Guuzu; maybe the elements will worsen her current condition. If by this point Scorpio is still conscious, send a quick Ice Beam at him. If that does not work, follow up with Icy Wind; otherwise peg the Zangoose in the head with Psybeam, preferably when Omega shocks her.

RaZoR LeAf
16th October 2004, 01:19 PM
Gack.. going to loose..

Scorpio, give Guuzu a fighting chance, use Sunny Day to warm the arena up and hopefully reduce the strength of those ice attacks. If you have any energy left just keep using Earthquake.

Guuzu Counter the Tri Attack and then a Fire Blast each for both Sigma and Omega.

aragornbird
18th October 2004, 07:01 PM
~*~*ROUND 4*~*~

Health: 59%
Energy: 67%
Condition: Large bruises and scratches
Commands: Tri-Attack – Ice Beam – Icy Wind/Psybeam

Health: 90%
Energy: 71%
Condition: Minor scratches, underwater
Commands: Surf – Icy Wind – Shock Wave

Health: 56%
Energy: 69%
Condition: More calm, bruised, paralyzed
Commands: Counter – Fire Blast x2

Health: 13%
Energy: 62%
Condition: Shivering, frozen wings, slightly tired
Commands: Sunny Day – Earthquake x2

Arena condition: Ice in the water melting[/

~*~*~*~

Scorpio was nearing the end of his line, but would not give up just yet. Mustering his fire energy, he shot a bright orange beam directly into the sky. With a flash, the clouds in the sky cleared and the sunlight blazed down through the tree branches. Omega, who was already riding atop a wave of water, felt the intense sun beat down upon his back as the water engulfed the Gligar. The ice in the water had almost entirely melted by now and the dragon was back on dry land. When the water had evaporated, Scorpio was still hanging by a sliver of his health. Meanwhile, Sigma charged up a triple beam of fire, ice, and electric energy and fired it towards Guuzu. When the multicolored attack struck her, there was a red flash and the beam was redirected at the Porygon, knocking it into the ground.

Omega disliked the sunlight as it will hamper much of her attacks. Nonetheless, she generated some cold winds, which quickly melted and did nothing more than spray the Zangoose with cold water. Scorpio was sitting on the ground and panting heavily. He knew his time was almost up, so he lifted his tail and slammed it into the ground. A weakened Earthquake tore through the ground, hitting both the Dratini and the Porygon. Sigma decided to take care of the Gligar and make the rest of the battle easier for itself and its ally. Concentrating ice energy into a beam, he fired it directly at Scorpio. Though it was weakened by the sunlight, Scorpio had so little health left that it collapsed on the ground as soon as it was struck by the attack. Now Guuzu was alone on the battlefield. She took a deep breath and spewed a large blast of flames out, its searing heat intensified by the weather. This attack was directed at the Porygon, and after the digital bird was covered in the scorching fire, it came out darkened and charred with some bad burns.

The dragon slithered next to his companion and they confronted the Zangoose, firing their attacks together. The brilliantly colored beam combined with the numerous sparks of electricity and struck Guuzu hard. She became slightly disoriented after the attack, making her second Fire Blast harder to aim. But it did not matter, as she was also fully paralyzed, her muscles seizing up and refusing to move. She waited for her body to relax again, knowing that she would have quite a battle on her hands. Sigma was looking even weaker as her burns still stung, but Omega was still pretty healthy, having been away from dry land for most of the battle.

~*~*~*~

Health: 26%
Energy: 58%
Condition: Large bruises and scratches, Burned, somewhat tired

Health: 83%
Energy: 61%
Condition: Minor scratches

Health: 40%
Condition: Bruised, paralyzed, somewhat tired

Health: 0%
Energy: 0%
Condition: Fainted

Arena condition: Ice in the water melted, Sunny Day activated

RaZoR LeAf
19th October 2004, 11:50 AM
Get close to Sigma and hit it with everything you've got. Frustration at your team mate being downed, a Slash across the face and a Mega Punch in the head.

Scorpio, you rest, you did well. Have a muffin.

SilverDragonair
19th October 2004, 04:00 PM
Sigma - Double Team, then for the rest of the round make absolutely sure that you Recover. If you've got time, Mimic Omega's Flamethrower. Remember, though, that Recovering is your priority.

Omega - Flamethrower at your opponent thrice. Make sure you're firing from an angle where you won't hit Sigma.

aragornbird
21st October 2004, 07:53 PM
~*~*ROUND 5*~*~

Health: 26%
Condition: Large bruises and scratches, Burned, somewhat tired
Commands: Double Team – Recover - Mimic

Energy: 61%
Condition: Minor scratches
Commands: Flamethrower x3

Health: 40%
Condition: Bruised, paralyzed, somewhat tired
Commands: Frustration – Slash – Mega Punch

Arena condition: Ice in the water melted, Sunny Day activated

~*~*~*~

Guuzu was badly hurt from the battle, and even though she felt more calm due to a recent Frustration attack, she still used another Frustration, channeling the anger of losing a good teammate. But before she could strike the Porygon, it Double Teamed into 3 identical copies. The Zangoose passed through the center one, but it was a fake. Now Omega used the Sunny Weather to his advantage, spewing out a blazing stream of flames, which struck his opponent in the back.

The Zangoose’s coat was scorched, but she would not give up. Raising her sharp claws in the air, she gave the Porygon a strong slash across the face. However, the red marks that were left behind faded away, as well as some of Sigma’s other injuries. The Recover ability became very useful, but drained some of the Porygon’s energy as well. Omega slithered closer to the Zangoose and used another Flamethrower in the back. Guuzu wanted to get back at the dragon, but she had been ordered to keep attacking Sigma.

Omega fired yet another Flamethrower at the Zangoose, making her burns even worse. In turn, Guuzu was about to punch the Porygon, but was too paralyzed to do so. Lastly, Sigma, having watched its companion’s third Flamethrower, learned exactly how to use it.

~*~*~*~

Health: 32%
Energy: 44%
Condition: Some bruises and scratches, Burned, very tired

Energy: 51%
Condition: Minor scratches, tired

Health: 9%
Energy: 47%
Condition: Bruised, paralyzed, badly burned back, tired

Arena condition:

SilverDragonair
21st October 2004, 09:04 PM
Finish her...

Omega - Extremespeed continually until she faints.

Sigma - Flamethrower, Shock Wave, Psychic.

RaZoR LeAf
22nd October 2004, 02:58 AM
I'll return Guuzu to the pokeball for an auto KO. Congratulations, it was a good match (this isn't a forit btw, it's accepting that you've won by allowing myself to be KO'd)

SilverDragonair
22nd October 2004, 04:13 PM
A pleasure battling you, Razor Leaf. Perhaps we shall meet again someday. Omega owes you his evolution.

aragornbird
22nd October 2004, 05:11 PM
Yep, since there's no point in reffing the next round, I declare SilverDragonair the winner!

RaZoR LeAf
22nd October 2004, 05:33 PM
A pleasure the same, let us meet again in the future.