PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft

MetalScyther
26th September 2004, 10:33 PM
This game is so awesome it deserves its own thread.

Anyway, the point of this thread is to find people to play with. I got the internet back a few weeks ago and now I can't keep my hands off this game. It is still as fun as it always was.

I remember Raz made a thread awhile ago about us TPM'ers playing together, and people suggested Starcraft. Would anyone be interested in playing with me? I don't care if you suck or are better than me, it is just too damn fun to play with people you know over the internet. :]

I also know that strat made some starcraft clan thing on these forums. We could do something like that except less homosexual(ie. no clan headquarters and no initials at the beginning of your name). We could just meet up a few times a week and play.

If enough people are interested we could actually do an inhouse instead of having to play against public players. That would rule.

My name is Cor[S]air on USEast and I'm feeling pretty good. I butchered my record in the past week playing at something like 5-30(lol) since I was cut off from SC for awhile(although I am picking stuff up now and have started winning :D). I'm limited to USEast because I have 56K and lag too badly on other servers, but there is no reason why some of you broadbanders can't come on USEast and play with me. :]

Anyone interested at all? You don't have to be good. I still wanna play with you even if you haven't touched the game in a year or so.

If anyone is interested, contact me. Email is alexdude777@hotmail.com (my MSN is also alexdude777, and also my AIM is too). Or post here.

Play with me. >:]

Razola
27th September 2004, 01:38 AM
I lost the CD to the original many moons ago...maybe I'll look for the Battle Chest online and pick it up cheap. Because without Brood War it's just no good.

I'll probably get raped for a bit since I'm now more use to Warcraft 3 less direct method of play.

MetalScyther
27th September 2004, 03:52 PM
All you really need is a CD-key, and you can kinda download the Cds off the internet. :]

Razola
27th September 2004, 04:02 PM
I'm missing my StarCraft case, which has the key in it. Without that, I can't play online (even if I have the Brood War key, which I'm also missing the case to).

It's only fifteen bucks online.

Charizard04621
27th September 2004, 04:38 PM
Brood War doesn't have a CD key... I know because I bought one. You'd need the key from Original.

Anyway, MS, I *think* I've seen your name online before, though I'm not sure. I'll 1v1 you in space or LT anytime. Add me; KaRin[BeTraYeD] is the name I'm using. I'm usually on in the afternoons.

MetalScyther
27th September 2004, 04:57 PM
On weekdays, I can only play at 4-6 EST, and 9-11 EST. I have dial-up and that is the only "safe" time I can get on. Lost Temple is an awesome map. I'd love to play you.

I just got playing done some SC, and I'm trying to get better at terran(protoss = too easy). I've tried a lot of different crap. Whoring on defense and getting battlecruisers. Early tank dropping. Massing marines/medics. Getting lots of marines early and combining with tanks. Getting all tanks and goliaths. Taking middle. Etc. :] <--that is why terran is my favorite race. So much variety. With protoss, it is pretty much "ZEALOT RUSH" and then "MAX DRAGOONS."

I am still clueless as to how to play zerg, although a really cheap trick I have found is to get 5 drones, save up for spawning pool, and ling rush off the bat. >:]

Raz, if you need a key I can probably give you one. I have several cd-keys installed on different comps around here that I can prolley find and give. I don't use them.

Charizard04621
27th September 2004, 06:06 PM
Lol, I'm a Zerg user myself, and if you needed help on it I could teach you. I have a replay of destroying a Terran on fastest with superior micro, which is really great since anything owns Zerg on fastest maps... Unless your micro is yellow or xellos caliber and you can multitask like crazy, 5 pool is a stupid thing to do, because better people can beat that crap off with drones... Plus by the time the lings get to their base they will have at least 1 attacking unit, as well as the capacity to make more. 5 pool failure = automatic death unless the person you're playing does not know how to attack. When you're zerg you're supposed to bide your time until your base is built up... Before then, your unit production is basically twice as slow as the other races.

If you'd like to play tomorrow, I should be on at 5 EST or so. Look for me in the channel op Betrayed]; I'll be there unless I'm in a game.

MetalScyther
27th September 2004, 09:58 PM
And if you micro your lings, you can kill them faster :P Yeah, it does slow you down quite a bit. I'll try to get on tommorrow at 5.