PDA

View Full Version : Half-sets for English YGO?!

Last Exile
26th September 2004, 11:30 PM
I had a look at a site that was advertising Soul fo Duelist cards.

I noticed one thing. It's not a combo of two Japanese half-sets. It's just the one.

So, looks like Reversal of Dead and that festy fusion that removes from the greayard and the uber machine and fire cards will be a while coming if this is true. Or maybe the site is wrong.

Orion
27th September 2004, 12:11 PM
Since we're in par with YGO Boosters in Japan already, there's no need to release combined Sets. In fact, it's better this way, at least for me. Less cards=more chances to get something good from actual Booster purchases.

Misty's Tears
27th September 2004, 08:35 PM
Yeah I think it's awesome they're finally switching over to the japanese format. We're also adopting the Ultimate Rare/Ultra Rare system, no more of those Secret Rare cards that are a pain to find. And it's true that less cards=more chances to get something you need, but also note that they're decreasing the ratio of pulling out those good cards. I think Ultimate is 1:25, Ultra is now 1:20, Super Rare is 1:12?, and Rare, as always 1:1. With those odds, now it's like if you buy a box, you'll only get 5-7 holos max.

Still, i'm all for the switching over to the japanese format.