PDA

View Full Version : VERY bad news for Samurai Champloo fans!

Last Exile
26th September 2004, 11:34 PM
This little bit of info just surfaced at animenfo.

* The current broadcaster only licensed up to 17 episodes. The series will be re-aired on BS-I soon for the full 26 episodes.

This is bad. I think either 14 or 15 is the current one. If they're showing the whole thing again in full, we will be waiting for AGES for 18-26 to emerge!

This isn't good at all. The best anime of 2004 has been halted for now. Looks like my ol' anime club has yet another slot to fill in 2 months...

And just when the ploit was truly kicking in! Mugen was developing into a very interesting character (as if he wasn't alreayd though!)

Okay, looks like anyone that was downloading this, expect a halt after episode 17!

Roarkiller
28th September 2004, 08:32 AM
Is there some kind of event goin on in japan? Could be the reason, u know. After all, look what the olympics did.

Either that, or they decided to do the 1-season now, 2nd-season later thing.

Or the animation company almost went bust :P

Last Exile
29th September 2004, 03:42 AM
Had nothing to do with the animation company, and Fuji TV only bought 17 episodes. Why s anyone's guess.

All that is certain is that a LOT of people are very mad!

Riachu64
29th September 2004, 09:18 PM
Augh, this is total crap. -_- They must be pulling a stunt so more people'd watch or something (even though it must have a big fanbase already). Geeze, there's no reason to make us wait.

Roarkiller
1st October 2004, 11:35 AM
Augh, this is total crap. -_- They must be pulling a stunt so more people'd watch or something (even though it must have a big fanbase already). Geeze, there's no reason to make us wait.

According to some report in some site by someone who reported somewhere, SC is the top rated anime in japan.

So yeah, id say it has a pretty big fanbase.

Last Exile
1st October 2004, 01:05 PM
According to some report in some site by someone who reported somewhere, SC is the top rated anime in japan.

So yeah, id say it has a pretty big fanbase.

Really?! Can you give a link to that site? I'd like to know, because a friend of mine claimed that Fullmetal Alcemist was #1 in Japan but I thought Naruto was still #1. If Champloo finally dislodged both Alchemsit and Naruto...

YEAH! :D

That just makes the whole situation make even less sense! If it's #1 in Japan, why would the stop at 17 and go back to the start, delyaing new eps for about 5 months?! It just doesn't make sense! I mena, why wait till March?! Or is there actually a problem with episodes being made?

My information came from animenewsnetwork.com which had an article saying that Fuji TV bought only 17 episodes and that BS-1 would have all rights once Fuji TV had palyed the 17th episode. BS-1 was then going to start from the beginning.

I wish I knew what the hell was going on. Delaying the #1 series of 2004 just doesn't make sense unless something is wrong.

EngiMatikul
1st October 2004, 10:59 PM
Dude, you think that's bad, Madlax was licensed shortly after. You know what episode number it was on before it got licensed? 25. out of 26. :/

Whatever. I'll rewatch Madlax when I graduate from college. XD

Last Exile
2nd October 2004, 06:21 AM
Any fansub group worth their salt will do the final episodes of Madlax if people want it. I mean, Alchemist has been done in full, as was CHrno Crusade, Samurai Champloo, Paranoia Agent, Elfen Lied...

Technically doing those at all was illegal except for certain countries. Hence those coutnries did the fansubs.

Roarkiller
2nd October 2004, 10:17 AM
Really?! Can you give a link to that site? I'd like to know, because a friend of mine claimed that Fullmetal Alcemist was #1 in Japan but I thought Naruto was still #1. If Champloo finally dislodged both Alchemsit and Naruto...

Actually i think it was WPM... or maybe Animelee. It was a post regarding the popularity of pkmn in japan :P Sorry to burst the bubble, bud.

Anyway, i know this "sub until licensed" issue has been discussed to death before, but frankly speaking i think the fansub should continue until the series actually starts showing or selling. I mean, being licensed means its guaranteed to come out, yes, but unfortunately the date could be several yrs from the licensing date.

But meh, im straying.

Shadow Kodachi
4th November 2004, 06:04 AM
Could someone please PM me or post the site where I can download some episodes of this Anime?
I adore Martial art animes specially serious nature ones like that from the creators of Cowboy Bebop. You just can't go wrong with them.

Last Exile
5th November 2004, 12:47 AM
Mate, you can't publically ask someone. So try not to repeat it again.