PDA

View Full Version : Update to Pay Day!?

Poryhedron
26th September 2004, 11:56 PM
Has this been noted anywhere yet? I just noticed that, in FRLG (and, I'll assume, RS as well,) the move Pay Day now produces 5 times the user's level in Pokébucks per attack, instead of 2 times the user's level as it did in prior versions. Equip the Amulet Coin and you'll be getting ten times the user's level per attack!

Pichu
27th September 2004, 01:49 AM
Yes I noticed that. :3

My level 40 persian with Amulet equip gets $400 each throw, and when it uses all PP, I can get $8000.... but that money is no good.

Right now, if I need money, I just equip amulet coin to mewtwo and beat up E4 and I get about $75000 each run. =)

Gagome
27th September 2004, 03:56 AM
Yes, it now is 5 times the level.
Strangely, Amulet Coin only doubles the amount on money you get with Pay Day in FR/LG but not in R/S. I have verified this.

Xenesis
27th September 2004, 10:44 AM
I think the best area for money gaining is the Resort Gorgeous area, the small Island. There's two ladies who give 10000 and 9800 respectively, and can be rematched with the versus seeker. So, take an amulet coin, a high level persian with pay day and run around the island once or twice on the bike and you'll be covered in cash in no time.

Yusuke
27th September 2004, 02:55 PM
yah resort gorgeous is the best place to get money. thanks for letting me know its now 5x instead of 2x ^_^

andyizcool
27th September 2004, 03:18 PM
Does this mean we should all perhaps consider using a Meowth/Persian for our in game Team if we also want more money?

Silent Dragonfly
27th September 2004, 03:39 PM
Does this mean we should all perhaps consider using a Meowth/Persian for our in game Team if we also want more money?

Not forgetting Meowth has Pickup as well.

rinku
27th September 2004, 05:21 PM
The best cash cow remains the Lady Cindy/Rich Boy Winston double on R104 in Ruby/Sapphire. Base $7000 for each plus a Nugget = $19,000 *each*. Lead with the Amulet Coin pokémon and switch in your Coveter/Thief to defeat their Linoone. And you'll trigger the R104 Lass as a sideline.

Edit: Heh. It's actually $7200 base each - even better than I originally posted...

PKMN Master
28th September 2004, 01:48 AM
Oh yeap. I noticed this... it's great, since I got $45000 and I'm not even in Vermilion City... it's great fot getting money early on in the game... and that pick up ability has gotten me berries and three rare candies... I'll get that expensive Dratini then :D

Cyber Dragon
2nd October 2004, 02:34 AM
The Resort Gorgeous ladies are definitely the best sources of money in FR/LG. I made it all the way up to $999,999 in about 30 minutes ... (I was bored, ok) ... but spent it all on vitamins, game corner coins, and full restores.