PDA

View Full Version : Things we can do to help the board

PancaKe
28th September 2004, 09:39 AM
Board = almost dead.

Let's make a list and see what we can do to somehow boost it's activity, and encourage more people to visit. I'll start off the list:

- if everybody replied at least one post to one fic they'd never read before, it would really encourage each other and build each other up.
- If people even took small ideas they had had and turned them into short stories, or small fics, that woudl give a wider variety of reading material.

Any more?

Chris 2.1
28th September 2004, 10:36 AM
Well I think Fanfic's simply take time. Time is something few people have these days, with school, college, uni and stuff. I myself am hardly able to post on the board everywhere I would (some fics I read are left abandoned as I have time to check my fics, and leave).

The short stories are a nice idea. Maybe we could have a sort of...mini Fanfic Forum Fanfic, in which a member posts a chapter and takes the fic in a new direction. Like a serious chain fic.

mistysakura
29th September 2004, 03:32 AM
The thing is, time's been scarce since forever, but the board's still been relatively alive up until now... I reckon the chain fic's a cool idea, except there's going to be a future one in the e-zine already, so not sure about that. The short stories and stuff are cool too, but "encouragement" is a bit vague, so I don't know how we'd do that. Maybe we could have an "ideas free-for-all" topic or something, where peopole can post random ideas they come up with, then whoever wants to get out of writers' block/procrastination/whatever can write a short story or poem on it. Or it could be like a request topic or slomething.

Just random idea.

(What? I left for 2 1/2 weeks and there's like 1 1/3 pages of topics with new replies? Gosh fanfic's dead.)

Tainted
29th September 2004, 03:03 PM
Now that school started up again-- I'm partying more and doing work less, and I've been writing seldom. I'm almost certain that no one else here is as party hardy as myself-- but that's my reason of inactivity. Like-- right now, for example, I'm skimming the board in boredom before I leave to go out and drink with a bunch of people.
I don't know how exactly we can help it, but here's an idea: read my story.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

mr_pikachu
30th September 2004, 01:55 AM
Well, I was hoping to get the Fanfic Trivia Game up and running, since I thought it was such a great idea. I PMed Gavin regarding that, but he hasn't responded. I'm still waiting... if you're reading this, Gavin, could you at least give me some sort of response to my thoughts on it?

Another thing we need to do... GET THE AWARDS GOING ALREADY! It's almost October, dang it! I don't care if it's three months late. We need to have those awards. Seriously. :yes:

Other than that, each member just needs to do their part to venture into other fics. Writers need to keep their fics running, as well. Abandonment is not a good thing. :no:

PancaKe
1st October 2004, 10:03 AM
Yah... we really need these awards up and running. Now I need mods to come and talk to me about these awards...

The Blue Avenger
1st October 2004, 04:10 PM
For my part, I am trying my best to write, but school saps a lot of my time. That, and writer's block. Meh.

Anyway, I also agree with the awards running soon; they could attract a lot of attention.

Leon-IH
2nd October 2004, 03:41 AM
Poetry competition :P

that usually gets a decent response.