PDA

View Full Version : The DNA Pokemon Will Soon be Available!

Water Pokemon Master
28th September 2004, 09:05 PM
http://www.pokemon.com/events/index.asp?articleID=556

"The speculation about Deoxys has been in the air for a while now, and we’re getting ready to put it to rest at Pokémon Rocks America 2004. Bring your Pokémon FireRed or LeafGreen cartridge with you to any of the events in Atlanta, Minneapolis, or Seattle and you’ll receive the Aurora Ticket, which will let you travel to a secret island where Deoxys can be found.

It sounds simple enough – but there’s a lot we still have to tell you. Check back this Friday for more information on preparing for the Aurora Ticket, using it, and finally – how to catch this elusive Pokémon. But for now, just keep playing your copies of Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen, and don’t forget to bring them along with your Game Boy Advance to any of the three Pokémon Rocks America events. Head to Atlanta, Minneapolis, or Seattle this October for a shot at completing your Pokédex – Deoxys is waiting!"

So, you have to get him at Pokemon Rocks America. I won't be able to go to any of those since they are not in CA, but I am sure they will make it available some other way soon.

Rabid_Cow
28th September 2004, 09:22 PM
Sweet! BUT I live in Missouri... :grumble:

have a stammer
28th September 2004, 11:52 PM
Cool. I plan on going since I live in Washington and the fact that's it's not that much of a drive (45min to an hour). Although people are hoping for another way to get deoxys, I have my doubts. After this "tour" ends you will probably only be able to get one at the NY pokecenter.

Cuno03
29th September 2004, 12:29 AM
This is great!! (and wow, haven't posted in a while) I live in Seattle, so I will go for sure. But I do have one question...can I get the Aurora Ticket downloaded into my Japanese version (I dont have the game in English), or does it only work in the English version?

Have a stammer- maybe we will see one another at the event?!

Tony4life
29th September 2004, 05:08 AM
Action Replays comes in place for me cause I don't live near at all (maybe Washington but my pops neva want to drive down there for a DAMN POKEMON) I live in MAss and we thought it would be at the pokecenter at Ny but it might come lata on but we inpatience poke-trainers..........damn..........and my friend gonna get heated (mad for slang terms) cause he was when he even heard that we can't get the ticket and he thinks we gettin in Ny..........so I can't wait till I tell him...........gonna be NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crazy
29th September 2004, 05:53 AM
I live in Gerogia,but even though I am close to Atlanta I can't ask them. "Can I go to Atlanta to get a pokemon?"

HavoX
29th September 2004, 06:54 AM
Sweet! BUT I live in Missouri...

same here, but I have no need for Deoxys

Toxicity
29th September 2004, 07:18 AM
I live in Florida, about an hour's drive south from the Florida-Georgia line, which places me at a few hour's drive on the interstate if I want to go to Atlanta. I don't really care about Ubers anyhow.

Water Pokemon Master
29th September 2004, 03:10 PM
You don't JUST go to Pokemon Rocks America for Deoxys. There are TONS of Pokemon events that take place, such as GB tournies, TCG tournies, exclusive Pokemon anime stuff, and much more. Deoxys is only a small side dish for the whole event.

andyizcool
29th September 2004, 03:17 PM
If I went to Pokemon Rocks America I would only go for Deoxys and battles where I could hopefully own all the little kids. I don't think anyone would actually care about the Pokemon Anime and Pokemon TCG. Seems strange to me that they're only giving out the Ticket to get to Deoxys and not the Mystery Ticket. Maybe there will be another Event that goes to more places with both Tickets later in the year or something. Let's just hope Events like this also come to Europe so we can all complete our National Pokedexes.

Water Pokemon Master
29th September 2004, 03:19 PM
What do you mean no one would care about the Anime or TCG?!?! The TCG was THE MOST popular event at Pokemon Rocks America San Diego last year, and the Gameboy was dead last.

andyizcool
29th September 2004, 03:31 PM
What do you mean no one would care about the Anime or TCG?!?! The TCG was THE MOST popular event at Pokemon Rocks America San Diego last year, and the Gameboy was dead last.
Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire was the biggest selling game as you said somewhere before. So I thought Pokemon FR/LG might also be a great success and it brings back memories to some older players too. Pokemon games involve a lot of strategy to win fair and square or hax if you're a n00b using Ubers. The Pokemon TCG might have some skill but the Pokemon Anime is totally lost to 10 year olds in my opinion.

Aarkan
29th September 2004, 03:44 PM
The TCG is pretty big, but the gameboy is about a billion times less expensive. So I guess it's whichever you like better and can afford. Though you're not alone in going for the R/S/LG/FR competition, if it was in New York (the pokemon center isn't enough :P) I'd sure be going for that.

Rudoku
29th September 2004, 04:40 PM
Minneapolis
Of all of the capital cities... They chose the event to be there. I hope my old gameshark works on FR/LG...

Tony4life
29th September 2004, 05:38 PM
We had a lil event (wasn't even big at all) and all that happen was liek four people came to toys R us and then traded and I took out lil kids for my wins and he got a free theme deck and a play mat and a poster and thats about it. The only fun around were I live at is basicalyl what I jsut decided to u lol. I got confused about the mystery gift thingy and plus a far away place just for a damn pokemon (a ticket) this pisses me off but I knew that was goin to happen.

Zak
29th September 2004, 08:02 PM
I live in Massachusetts... heh, I guess I'll have to stop by the center next time I go to NYC.

~Zak

Poryhedron
30th September 2004, 12:28 AM
Of all of the capital cities... They chose the event to be there. I hope my old gameshark works on FR/LG...
First of all, how old is your "old Game Shark"? If it worked on GSC then it won't work on FR/LG. You need a separate Game Shark for GBA games.
Second, apparently FR/LG is giving Game Shark codefinders a real headache, so you might not be able to find helpful codes.
Third, the officials can often detect tweaking so it's probably not a good idea to include Game Shark in your pre-tourney preparation.

Rudoku
1st October 2004, 11:32 AM
First of all, how old is your "old Game Shark"? If it worked on GSC then it won't work on FR/LG. You need a separate Game Shark for GBA games.
Second, apparently FR/LG is giving Game Shark codefinders a real headache, so you might not be able to find helpful codes.
Third, the officials can often detect tweaking so it's probably not a good idea to include Game Shark in your pre-tourney preparation.
It's a GBA shark, but I had it before Ruby and Sapphire came out in Japan. It works on those games, but I never tried it on my US versions.

Cyber Dragon
2nd October 2004, 02:56 AM
... um, each city is like, really really far away from Las Vegas. So I'm forgetting about it completely.

Aarkan
2nd October 2004, 08:54 PM
For anyone who cares I visited the Pokemon Center today and got myself a shiny zigzagoon and Distribution class EON ticket. Great for me since I hadn't gotten either of them yet...
Well anyway the guy that was working all the cool pokemon game stuff on the second floor said that they were phasing out Ru/Sa promotions now (they'll probably still have the zigzagoon and EON ticket though. They allready removed the Ru/Sa pokemon machine I got my Golem from last time) and are phasing in the wireless things. He said around halloween there was going to be an event where they started distributing the Aurora ticket from there and that there wasn't any info on the Mystic Ticket or Emerald stuff yet. But I guess that means to keep our eyes open for the halloween event on pokemon.com

DarkestLight
3rd October 2004, 06:14 PM
One thing. Distribution ticket? The heck is that?

Aarkan
3rd October 2004, 06:19 PM
It lets me give the EON ticket to 30 other people by mixing records. That's what the guy working there called it so apparently that's the name.

Tony4life
4th October 2004, 09:41 AM
oh and what the hell is a mystic ticket?

Silent Dragonfly
4th October 2004, 10:05 AM
MysticTicket gets you to Navel Rock in FRLG and Em, which is where a Lugia and Ho-oh lurk.

Tony4life
4th October 2004, 12:33 PM
so there is two tickets to get to the three hidden pokemon in Firy Red and :LEafy Green (Lugia/Ho-Oh/Dexoy whateva how u spell it lol) cause I thought only the aurona ticket gets u to three of those islands lol. Well Thank u and try to find the offical date for that cuase I cant even make it to the Ny pokemon center (I'm to ghetto........I just see the ghetto in Ny) and try to find infomation about the action replay code for them tickets and see if it will screwup the game lol

Silent Dragonfly
4th October 2004, 12:43 PM
Actually Lugia and Ho-oh are on the same island.

MysticTicket = Navel Rock = Lugia and Ho-oh (FRLG and Em)
AuroraTicket = Birth Island = Deoxys (FRLG and Em)
Old Sea Chart = World's Edge Island = Mew (Emerald only)